Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They usually do the pre-patch for a new expansion a week after pvp season ends don't they? I am not a pvp'er so I don't really have any indication when the pvp season is ending.
    Well that one is easy... Soon™

Quote Originally Posted by panzaghor View Post
    I think they should announce it sometime this week
    It'd be tuesday if they were to announce it

Why would it be July 19th?

WoD pre patch was Oct 14 and release was Nov 14, under a month

Why will there be a month and a half for Legion pre patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post

Its possible they break the mold and mix it up this time, either way we'll know tuesday if its another week we wait or not

Some are saying that July 19th date was datamined, but what is the likelyhood of it being the following week?

Im just hoping its the 19th, but at the same time if its not, it'll give me breathing room for making gold cap. So far Im on track to make gold cap by the 19th

If the patch releases the same day Monster Hunter Generations comes out I'm not touching WoW.

Put that extra time in to farm whatever you need or sell whatever you don't, enjoy the last few days of easy gold

Wont be tomorrow (the announcement), no one will be in the office, and if there are it will be a easy day in.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Wont be tomorrow (the announcement), no one will be in the office, and if there are it will be a easy day in.
    why i dont think the prepatch will come on 19th, this is a bad argument.

They can set up a timed post, or just do it from outside the office.

7+ Year Old Account

Because we have waaaaaay more things to do in this pre-patch and we have been playing the same content for more than one year

Tomorrow, being Monday no they wouldn't announce it aside it from being a holiday. Tuesday does make more sense however to announce it.

It makes more sense to include in the weekly update they post every Tuesday, besides there will be a lot of people busy spending time away from their computers

Cata prepatch was out on Oct 12 and release was on Dec 7. It followed similar pattern to Legion with class and system changes coming first and multiple phase event after that.

I still think it'll be the 19th, with a new part of the intro story happening each week (something like return of Magni on the 19th or 26, then council, defense of dalaran and summoning alodi each being added 1 week after) and the week after that will be broken shore/demon invasion. Demon Hunters they can really throw in anytime.

I think they're going to try and have the Broken Shore/Demon Invasion stuff going for longer, because there's some pretty unique gear to be had from them, especially the Demon Invasion out in the world.

I think we'll see a longer pre-patch period this time around. Probably something closer to what Cataclysm did (most pre-patches are roughly a month, Cataclysm was nearly 2.) because they both have 'phases.' One week each phase 1-4 of fairly backround story stuff, followed by about a month of the 'good' stuff. Last time it was Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's fall, this time it looks like Broken Shore/Demon Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    I still think it'll be the 19th, with a new part of the intro story happening each week (something like return of Magni on the 19th or 26, then council, defense of dalaran and summoning alodi each being added 1 week after) and the week after that will be broken shore/demon invasion. Demon Hunters they can really throw in anytime.

I think they're going to try and have the Broken Shore/Demon Invasion stuff going for longer, because there's some pretty unique gear to be had from them, especially the Demon Invasion out in the world.

I think we'll see a longer pre-patch period this time around. Probably something closer to what Cataclysm did (most pre-patches are roughly a month, Cataclysm was nearly 2.) because they both have 'phases.' One week each phase 1-4 of fairly backround story stuff, followed by about a month of the 'good' stuff. Last time it was Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's fall, this time it looks like Broken Shore/Demon Invasion.
    they never said these quests are 1 week apart

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    they never said these quests are 1 week apart
    They kinda did, though.

To clarify, the return of Magni, Khadgar's visit to Karazhan, the Council of Six, the defense of Dalaran and summoning of Alodi events will take place during the weeks leading up to Legion's launch. Each week, more of the story will be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    The pre patch will come sometime in July. Because minimum 2 weeks before the expansion hits wouldnt give people the right amount of time to test things and on top of that we have to "learn" a whole new class in addition to all the pre event things to be done.
    if it takes anyone 2 weeks to learn a class, then they are doing it wrong. still blizz needs to quit being lazy and launch the pre patch already

10+ Year Old Account

Not saying that you're wrong for assuming it will be a month, but that's a false equivalent.

WoD's had significantly less content than Legion's.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    They kinda did, though.
    each week, more of the story will be revealed is not the same as saying each quest will come a week after the next.

5 quests could very much be spread across 3 weeks, for example