Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What articles? Don't be ridiculous. It has made $175M in revenues at best and it has already been released worldwide.
    IMDB says $287,610,000 (Worldwide) (11 June 2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/...ef_=tt_ql_dt_4

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    IMDB says the budget for the movie was [$]160M. Haven't it already made a profit?
    There is $110M in marketing too. Also, foreign markets give back about only 40% of box office.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The movie is still launching innsole countries around the world.
    The last countries to launch it did so on Jun 30, and $422M (+$9M from the last week) is from Jul 3.

The current figures of 420 million come from June 24th ... btw, not from July 3rd ...

And at least 2 articles on imdb mention the fact that Warcraft is profitable and a sequel is highly expected.

Pfff even as we type Warcraft is still rolling here in Belgium in theaters, so 500 million in the next fw months is peanuts because MILLIONS of DVD's will be bought by the fans.

Get over it haters: you lost.

GET A LIFE for once...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-04 at 07:06 PM.

The current figures of 420 million come from June 24th
    It's from July 3.
    Pfff even as we type Warcraft is still rolling here in Belgium in theaters
    ...making less than $100k/week
    MILLIONS of DVD's will be bought by the fans.
    There is not so much fans to buy "millions" of DVDs, and they will make about $40M on it, which is still a half of what they need to break even. Also, no chance for DC version with such petty revenues.

It's from July 3.
    Not entirely:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...d=warcraft.htm --- $45,89M in the U.S. as of July 3
    http://english.entgroup.cn/boxoffice/cn/ ---- $219,64M in China as of June 26
    http://www.upi-boxoffice.com -- $155,72M as of July 3 on the rest of the world

So worldwide the number is $422 without taking into account last seven days from China.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, no chance for DC version with such petty revenues.
    Yes they will make the DC.Only that they won't announce it yet.First they want us to buy the theatrical release thinking there will be no more versions. This way they'll make more money which is what they like most. Duncan is a noob in the big industry and he made a mistake talking about those 40 min.

Also let's not forget about streaming and TV rights.At this point there is no way the movie makes them lose money. They won't earn hundreds of millions either.When all is said and done the profit will probably be a number between $50M-$100M.
    Last edited by Vitrino; 2016-07-04 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    Duncan is a noob in the big industry and he made a mistake talking about those 40 min.
    What? DC's nowadays are pretty much a neat way for studios to charge a premium or incentivise otherwise lackluster DVD/Blu-Ray options. DJ talking about the cut footage was very much intentional and I would be incredibly surprised if Warcraft's home entertainment release doesn't include an extended cut edition.

I just hope they're not making a miscalculation with the dvd. Batman v Superman didn't need to do an extended edition right off the bat - it shared a lot of same complaints about being overstuffed, and pacing - but that's what it's doing. It made a ton more in theaters. Less than 2x the production budget, has made more than 2x the money. Leaner than it should have been, for sure, but still definitely in safe territory.

I just plain won't be getting a regular edition on dvd. I imagine a lot of fans are, like me, waiting for the director's cut. Although I bet a ton of people also just didn't see it in the theater at all and are waiting on the dvd.

Oh well. What will be, will be.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What? DC's nowadays are pretty much a neat way for studios to charge a premium or incentivise otherwise lackluster DVD/Blu-Ray options. DJ talking about the cut footage was very much intentional and I would be incredibly surprised if Warcraft's home entertainment release doesn't include an extended cut edition.
    According to Duncan Jone's twitter the home release won't include a Director's Cut version. Only some deleted scenes as extra material : https://twitter.com/manmademoon/stat...23695951253504
    They will do as LotR did.They will release the theatrical version first and four or five months later the extended (Director's Cut) version.
    I know.It's sad how greedy they can be.
    Last edited by Vitrino; 2016-07-04 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Duncan Jone's twitter the home release won't include a Director's Cut version. Only some deleted scenes as extra material : https://twitter.com/manmademoon/stat...23695951253504
    They will make as LotR did.They will release the theatrical version fist and four or five months later the extended (Director's Cut) version.
    I know.It's sad how greedy they could be.
    Well, to be honest I would do the same. And they'll need all the money they can get.

More info :

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/28/...directors-cut/

I really do believe they will eventually release the Director's cut version. But for now they want us to think the Sept/Oct release with "plenty of extra material" (DJ dixit) is the only one which will ever come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

They're the only ones saying that when other more reliable sources have reported a $500M breakeven.

I have yet to see anyone provide a "reliable source" saying the film needs 500 mill to break even.

They will do as LotR did.They will release the theatrical version first and four or five months later the extended (Director's Cut) version.
    I know.It's sad how greedy they can be.
    Ah. I'm sure there will be fancuts including the extra scenes (see: the popularity of Hobbit fancuts) and you're probably right about the studio cashing out the DC version later on down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    More info :

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/28/...directors-cut/

I really do believe they will eventually release the Director's cut version. But for now they want us to think the Sept/Oct release with "plenty of extra material" (DJ dixit) is the only one which will ever come to life.
    Hmm, the German version is scheduled for the 30.Dec, that's two month more of waiting.
    The Steelbook version doesn't even has a date :/

You are an Xxxx. The movie is still launching innsole countries around the world. The US is just a niche market for the Warcraft movie.

Get over it. You are no longer the number one country in the world.
    It just launched in the last market, Japan (where it opened horribly).

(EDIT: it actually opens in Uruguay this week, which is the true last market. Root for those big spenders in Uruguay, everyone!)

The rate of decay of box office from week to week has been rather stunning, in every market. It is very close to the final number. Reaching $500M appears to be out of the question.

- - - Updated - - -

CinemaScore sees the final domestic endgame for this videogame adaptation between $57M-$81M.
    And it didn't even do that. Final domestic box office will be under $50M.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2016-07-04 at 10:10 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It just launched in the last market, Japan (where it opened horribly).
    It's a limited release there atm. with 34 Cinemas, that's the reason. There's no info whether it will stay that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people saw the massive drops at the Chinese and domestic box office happening the way they did.
    Well, 70% drops in China are fairly normal.
    Finding Dory did fall for 65% there as well in the second week, X-Men Apocalypse by 75%, Alice Through the Looking Glass 75%, Captain America Civil War 66%.
    Western movies in China have usually their 3-4 weeks before they are gone.

It's ironic I suppose.

US buys Chinese low end products
    China buys US low end movies?

(not to exclude Europe, but movie was US based)

I mean if every country bought their own stuff, what would happen?

Chinese buys their own junk that falls apart and breaks after a day / week .. or US (also European) buys tickets for movies they don't want to watch .. nevermind they will just stay home, ticket in hand :P

It would be CHAOS!!

Japan box office report by hollywoodreporter:
    "Warcraft failed to crack the top 10 on a limited release, pulling in just $273,000"

Given the fact that Japan is a huge film market and one of the last countries that the movie has been released, it's not looking good.
    Last edited by Gzo; 2016-07-05 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gzo View Post
    Japan box office report by hollywoodreporter:
    "Warcraft failed to crack the top 10 on a limited release, pulling in just $273,000"

Given the fact that Japan is a huge film market and one of the last countries that the movie has been released, it's not looking good.
    Like I said 3 Posts above, it's limited release there at the time, only 34 cinemas. For that number 274k is quite good, could mean others will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Like I said 3 Posts above, it's limited release there at the time, only 34 cinemas. For that number 274k is quite good, could mean others will follow.
    IMO, picking up $273,000 with limited release in Japan is not good sign for a big budget film like Warcraft by any means.