Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion - Pre-Expansion Quests, Blue Posts, Tweets, DLC #544, Prot Paladin Preview

Upcoming PTR Journey Changes, Deckard Cain Cosplay Preview

Top Standard Decks for June 2016, July 2016 Season Begins, The Angry Chicken #157 - The One with Chakki

New In Development Video - Auriel, Archangel of Hope Revealed, Gul'Dan Skins & More!

Jeff Kaplan: Control Map MMR Bug Being Investigated, Competitive Progression & Placement Matches, Coin Flip, Competitive Points

Legion - Pre-Expansion Quests
    Now that everyone has had a chance to read the comic, we are taking a look at some more of the pre-expansion quests. The new crystal model for Magni Bronzebeard is used here, along with a visit to Ulduar and Karazhan.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Unholy Death Knight -- Legion Beta Feedback
    Amidst various Unholy tuning ongoing in the upcoming build, the damage of Festering Wound is increased substantially, as is the damage of the Army of the Dead and Apocalypse ghouls (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Frost Death Knight -- Legion Beta Feedback
    Hey all. We've seen the discussion about bugs with Frost DK damage (most notably Rime proc chance), and so I wanted to stop by and let you know that we are aware and fixing several bugs with Frost DK damage over the next build or two.

Rime had 3 chances to proc per Obliterate, several new abilities only used your base 5% crit chance, and the Ambidexterity artifact trait was affecting MH damage, among a few other minor bugfixes. Sindragosa's Fury is also getting a tiny buff. These fixes will obviously affect throughput, and we'll be adjusting tuning with them in mind. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    I really hate momentum, can't you just remove it? feels clunky and not fun
    If we removed everything that someone didn't like, there'd be no game. We can make competitive alternatives instead. (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    I've become very attached to the old pet model, and whilst I like the new one, it's not my old pal. The pic is Live vs PTR.
    Good news! All of the old models will be available on various rare spawns in the world, you will be able to re-create Sooty. (Muffinus)

Mounts
    Legion brings so many great mount models, but many aren't available to players. Please don't forget them!
    Trying to add more different mount styles instead of making all of the colors available to keep them feeling more special/unique (Muffinus)
    Much feedback in Warlords that too many recolors were used, agreedo (Muffinus)

Professions
    are you working on archaeology on beta #legion? If so, is it intended to get suramar dig sites prior to hitting 110?
    I am not, but my sources tell me that it is intended, and intended to be difficult if you head there while levelling (Muffinus)

I didnt attempt the dig sites in Suramar, they just changed on their own. That supposed to happen? Daily rotation?
    Yep! Like world quests, they rotate. (Muffinus)

Camera
    Understand your view on the camera, but can CVar still be available to adding? DynamicCam has made levelling in beta so great!
    Will look into that; the intent was to cap the value, not eliminate interaction with it. Agree that DynamicCam is a cool addon. (WatcherDev)

Misc
    does the Mad Merchant spawn in random places? Want to buy it on beta to see it in game to see if I want to buy it when live
    One spot, but shows up rarely (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    .D'ya think the WoW's success ultimately hurt the genre? Can't blame y'all for dominating but I wonder where we would be now?
    It probably made it harder for other games to innovate because their publishers might be leery of making something too different. (OccupyGStreet)
    But smart people ultimately realize that games are never dethroned by exact clones. MMOs should be innovating more IMO. (OccupyGStreet)

Dark Legacy Comics #544
    DLC #544 has been released.

Final Boss - Protection Paladin Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-07-04 at 07:29 AM.

The hunter question reminds me of one problem. Since every expansion widens the tamable pets, we need more stable slots. Many hunters are collectors too, abandoning rares (even not anymore tamable ones) aren't so easy. Not the biggest problem ofc, but still something what can be easily solved. Would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Elfcap View Post
    The hunter question reminds me of one problem. Since every expansion widens the tamable pets, we need more stable slots. Many hunters are collectors too, abandoning rares (even not anymore tamable ones) aren't so easy. Not the biggest problem ofc, but still something what can be easily solved. Would be nice
    Yep, I keep wondering if they can't just use something like void storage for it, now that pets don't really have unique traits within the same tamed pet npc. I mean, stable essentially is similiar in the interface layoutwise, but I don't know if they can use something that is as resourcefriendly as it. As I understand it, it was why the stable was so tricky in the past - a database hog.

Is this pre-expansion quest on the PTR? i don't think it's in the beta. How is it triggered?

They could go the GW2 route but that's a bit less "personal." Basically your pet is just checked off as a list as "you got this exact species before" and you just make a new one when you click your "call pet" button.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Heh, my twitter question made it to MMO-Champion! It's the Mounts one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Heh, my twitter question made it to MMO-Champion! It's the Mounts one.
    Congratulations on the big day! How are you celebrating?

gosh, i hope blizzard does a lot more of this lore stuff, and gives it access to people who join after this expansion. it's a lot of key info that often gets lost in discontinued scenarios and pre-events

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Is this pre-expansion quest on the PTR? i don't think it's in the beta. How is it triggered?
    nvm i found out
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-07-04 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. when IS the patch gonna hit? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    If we removed everything that I like, it wouldn't be my game. We can make non-viable alternatives instead. (Celestalon)
    FTFY

I wish Blizzard would ban employees from using Twitter or Facebook or Reddit to discuss development. It should be for linking forum announcements only.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-07-04 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    FTFY

I wish Blizzard would ban employees from using Twitter or Facebook or Reddit to discuss development. It should be for linking forum announcements only.
    Then people should stop using those to ask questions.

Honestly, people complain that Blizzard doesn't communicate enough, but when they are communicating, nope, still wrong.

gosh, i hope blizzard does a lot more of this lore stuff, and gives it access to people who join after this expansion. it's a lot of key info that often gets lost in discontinued scenarios and pre-events

- - - Updated - - -

nvm i found out
    How did you find out? I cant find anyway to get that Quest started at all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    How did you find out? I cant find anyway to get that Quest started at all...
    As soon as you log in you get a quest to talk to a guy and if you don't click the <skip this stuff> button, you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    As soon as you log in you get a quest to talk to a guy and if you don't click the <skip this stuff> button, you get it.
    Nope, didnt get anything.
    Created a new lvl100 Toon on the PTR, and logged into Stormwind. Got no Khadgar, or no quest indicating otherwise.
    I have even tried it on my Toon copied over from the Live Servers, still nothing at all.

Or is this only currently available in the Beta..? Even though it says its Pre-Patch content...
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2016-07-04 at 10:06 PM.

...The negative feedback concerning mounts wasn't "there are too many cool mounts available through recolors"... The problem people had with how mounts were handled in WoD, was that the COOL ones that made sense as in-game rewards were put up onto the store whilst in-game factions and mobs just had elekks, riverbeasts, boars, talbuks and "wolves" (worgs technically, given how they run)... in some cases it didn't even make sense, such as laughing skull offering a shitty wolf recolor instead of at least an equivalent to the Alliance mount (armored elekk)...they didn't even have the motivation to turn the Iron Horde wolf into a player mount.

I'm sure people would have been fine with recolors if those recolors had been Rylaks, Reavers, fairie dragons, runesabers... Why they didn't make the Mystic Runesaber a reward from the "Legendary" questline when they knew how people felt about the expac is proof just how out of touch they've become. Not until it was time for the Moose did they reconsider.

Now they'll make a 180, true to Blizzard form, and make too few mounts I'm willing to bet.

7+ Year Old Account
    So magni is the voice of Azeroth Titan now? Sounds interesting. I find myself looking forward to some lore that actually matters!

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Legacy Comics so spot on about raid leading. Gah. Another job with no pay!

Created a new lvl100 Toon on the PTR, and logged into Stormwind. Got no Khadgar, or no quest indicating otherwise.
    I have even tried it on my Toon copied over from the Live Servers, still nothing at all.

Or is this only currently available in the Beta..? Even though it says its Pre-Patch content...
    go to Dalaran, Violet citadel, ground floor, speak to the archivist, she'll allow you to do the quest.

I have no idea why this isn't a mandatory part of the levelling experience.. un less it's actually meant for pre-patch

"Legion brings so many great mount models, but many aren't available to players. Please don't forget them!"

Um, I'm pretty sure there are no mounts added to the game that people can't get. That would be stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

You just tell it there is no such thing as the gender wage gap.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh, I don't know about the pre-patch content. It works fine on beta though.
    I -think- this quest will be available on the pre-patch since they start right after you do the broken shore hing (which is supposed to come with 7.0?) but may not be available on the regular prt.