Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Seriously the dumbest part of the professions change is that you can't re-roll. The fact that if I roll shit stats, the only things I can really do are destroy it and hope for obliterium, or sell them (which the market will sink SOOO fast from saturation)... crafter's outside of the first week or 2 won't extactly be rolling in gold.

The only way that changes is if literally EVERY player who is not a crafter, or who doesn't want to go through the trouble, buys everything all the time.
    Why ? Rerolling is RNG.
    You could do 20 rerolls and not get the result you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Well that depends. If it would take you 6 months to craft and entire set of 895 gear (or whatever the maximum is during the first tier) if you had tailoring and jewelcrafting for example it wouldn't really affect anything. It would give you something to work on for a long time if you chose to.

As long as the pacing is done right it could be a great alternative for endgame progression.
    The max is 850. (at least in first tier)

By the time you actually CAN craft the crap.. you will already have better from Heroics, Mythics, and LFR.... higher yet if you raid. Although crafting's new questline basis is AWESOME... as far as what you can craft? Garbage.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Crafted gear is supposed to be an alternate way to gear for people who don't do enough group content, prefer solo play and to complement initial normal raid gear holes to remove rng in loot. Since i'll probably be raiding, when the optimal ratings of my main are known, i plan to craft/buy items that don't drop in normal with those ratings.

It is also supposed to help people to start raiding. People with enough gear will have it easier to reach ilvl requirements for guild recruiting or even normal pugs.

Also, mog collectors will want 4 full sets, one for each armor proficiency. That means that even not optimal rating crafts will have a market price.

It is not supposed to replace heroic+ gear progression. That might change when the next raid patch comes, but that's what it is for now. No need to whine about it.

Well that depends. If it would take you 6 months to craft and entire set of 895 gear (or whatever the maximum is during the first tier) if you had tailoring and jewelcrafting for example it wouldn't really affect anything. It would give you something to work on for a long time if you chose to.

As long as the pacing is done right it could be a great alternative for endgame progression.
    Correct pacing would require:

1. The return of daily cooldowns
    2. BoP crafted items

to prevent people with ridiculous amounts of gold from getting fully geared instantly. Arbitrary time gating via methods like daily cooldowns never feels good.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Correct pacing would require:

1. The return of daily cooldowns
    2. BoP crafted items

to prevent people with ridiculous amounts of gold from getting fully geared instantly. Arbitrary time gating via methods like daily cooldowns never feels good.
    BOP recepies that you could find from bosses and/or rare quests would be a great start. Maybe low droprates on BOP materials would be better than daily cooldowns. It essentially achieves the same thing but the player feel like they're in more control when there isn't a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post
    So Blizzard suggested that you will need to play the game a lot to upgrade a crafted item and that will prevent players from running around with a full set of fully upgraded crafted gear even if they have a lot of gold to buy everything from the AH.

How exactly is that implemented on the beta? For example does the person who equips the item have to upgrade it meaning they have to farm a lot of bloods to do so?
    considering that world quests will quickly gear you up past the level of the upgraded crafted gear, this system is just more slight of hand by blizzard to mollify the casuals.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Yeah I think they really need to do something. Since crafted items can't titanforge I think the time will be better spent chain running dungeons for proccs prior to raids opening up, and after that the crafted gear is going to be kinda pointless.
    If you could make BOP items for yourself to upgrade even further I think it would be kinda nice.
    The chances of you getting even one 25+ilvl TF proc is razor thin. Spamming dungeons for 13 of them... gl with that. Ill definitely end up crafting 1-2 pieces in the pre-raid period.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The chances of you getting even one 25+ilvl TF proc is razor thin. Spamming dungeons for 13 of them... gl with that. Ill definitely end up crafting 1-2 pieces in the pre-raid period.
    Indeed. Will still run dungeons, but crafting on the side is definitely going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Indeed. Will still run dungeons, but crafting on the side is definitely going to happen.
    I have only just crafted 5 Imbued Silkweave Pantaloons. None of them were the right stats/distribution... two were close.. having crit/mastery and crit/haste... however crit is my main stat and both had the opposite stat heavier by almost 2:1.

Still, I was able to upgrade one of them 3 times so now it is iLevel 830 and matches my world quest reward except it has the crit right. I have to craft 8 more pants or so to create 4 more upgrades to get the pants to iLevel 850.

Or I can do Mythics/LFR for 840 gear. I am already at ILevel 843 (was iLevel 838 before I got my first random Legendary (a ring)).

It just isn't worth the effort for normal raids... maybe if you never expect to raid at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Or I can do Mythics/LFR for 840 gear. I am already at ILevel 843 (was iLevel 838 before I got my first random Legendary (a ring)).
    Well LFR isn't available in the time right after launch, and Mythics are weekly loot locked (and Mythic+ is also not available yet).
    Crafting does only one thing - it allows you to fill slots that you were unlucky on before raids start.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I have only just crafted 5 Imbued Silkweave Pantaloons. None of them were the right stats/distribution... two were close.. having crit/mastery and crit/haste... however crit is my main stat and both had the opposite stat heavier by almost 2:1.

Still, I was able to upgrade one of them 3 times so now it is iLevel 830 and matches my world quest reward except it has the crit right. I have to craft 8 more pants or so to create 4 more upgrades to get the pants to iLevel 850.

It just isn't worth the effort for normal raids... maybe if you never expect to raid at all...

This has been the case every expansion. There are those that spend the time/gold on crafted items because they want a certain slot immediately, others that prefer the randomness of getting various items. It may take you weeks to get a wrist item from a raid for example. Especially if there is a limited loot table. This is why I prefer the option of currency for killing bosses but blizzard prefers RNG.

The effort really isn't much more for crafted items.

1. Search the AH for the stats you want on the slot you want (should be a lot of crafters selling items in the first few weeks) This saves you a TON of time crafting items yourself. Granted it might be very expensive in gold but you can buy gold with the token system. Remember this isn't a question of having the gold, it's finding the quickest route.
    2. Buy Obliterum also in the AH
    3. Run enough world quests, or gathering or alchemy transmutes etc to get enough Blood of Sargeras
    4. Use the bloods to upgrade the item. You could probably do this MUCH quicker than waiting for a certain slot to drop from a raid.