Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is open beta, and I have some deep reservations, the only reason I can see them doing something like this is its one of the few ways they can test realm stability. That's the biggest thing imo. Look at the fiasco during WoD's launch.

Also about release readiness, I think this is getting to the time where Blizz devs are going to start living on campus and working that overtime.
    Last edited by Dremall; 2016-07-06 at 03:37 AM.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i even have no idea how they want do that all ? with demon hunter experience you need at an absolute minimum 4-6 weeks. and you have to anounce 2 weeks before the end of pvp season. so lets say 7-8 weeks. eeehrm, in 7-8 weeks its august 30th ??? they had should anounce the pre oatch last week by this calculation. so i have NO idea how that all should be workin.

and when i look at the stability and delivery-readyness of beta... omg.

see "sorry release date delayed" incomin...
    I will say the stability seems to have improved a bit lately. I'm no longer disconnected every 5 minutes or just randomly while flying 78% of the time, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hey guys! Do something silly for a 0.0000001% chance for a key! Just give beta to pre orders you fucking assholes.
    That makes no sense. I didn't preorder, I got in. My friends who preordered didn't get in. To be fair, if I was Blizzard and saw you being salty, I'd keep you from having access too.

i even have no idea how they want do that all ? with demon hunter experience you need at an absolute minimum 4-6 weeks. and you have to anounce 2 weeks before the end of pvp season. so lets say 7-8 weeks. eeehrm, in 7-8 weeks its august 30th ??? they had should anounce the pre oatch last week by this calculation. so i have NO idea how that all should be workin.

and when i look at the stability and delivery-readyness of beta... omg.

see "sorry release date delayed" incomin...
    Why do you need 4 to 6 weeks? I will agree the beta is much buggier then normal this late into testing. They certainly don't need a long time for the demon hunter stuff though. Their starting area is rock solid and has been for awhile. It take all of 30 minutes to an hour to finish if the area is jam packed with other people. By the time they are out of there they are at 100. You really don't need anymore prep then that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zublits View Post
    I don't know why people are always so keen to get into betas. Why do you want to spoil the experience e when it's buggy and unpolished? Then you lose all of your progress and have to do everything over again at launch. It seems truly pointless, unless you actually care about testing the game (and I guarantee most of you don't give a rats arse about that). Just wait a month and play it when it comes out complete.
    A lot of progression raiders in top guilds will want to 1) Figure out the quickest leveling path for their artifact to make them viable in raids. 2) Want to figure out how to level as quickly as possible period. 3) Do raid testing to have strats planned out well before the raids drop on live.

I understand these guilds only comprise of the 1% but my guild among many others are pushing for top US and world so we'll be split raiding. Meaning I need multiple alts as well as my main raid ready as quickly as possible. The more I know about how leveling is going to work and the artifact the quicker I can be ready for the first raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I seriously doubt open beta or huge invite wave. Seems like it may be a competition of sorts from all the info i've been gathering since this was announced and just the promotional image of it seems to indicate probably something demon related in the live game. Also this

Apparently towelliee and a couple of others have been hinting at this announcement from Blizzard and just his quoted statement above makes me feel competition even more.
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/750507838087106560
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/750507328017829888

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Why do you need 4 to 6 weeks? I will agree the beta is much buggier then normal this late into testing. They certainly don't need a long time for the demon hunter stuff though. Their starting area is rock solid and has been for awhile. It take all of 30 minutes to an hour to finish if the area is jam packed with other people. By the time they are out of there they are at 100. You really don't need anymore prep then that.
    because it gives people time to learn their classes, get ready, and you do know the pre-event is not just the demon hunters, its a large quest chain, demon hunters, dark whispers, doomsayers, legion invasion, and broken shore....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/750507838087106560
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/750507328017829888

- - - Updated - - -

because it gives people time to learn their classes, get ready, and you do know the pre-event is not just the demon hunters, its a large quest chain, demon hunters, dark whispers, doomsayers, legion invasion, and broken shore....
    You are over estimating how much there is to demon hunters at the start. I do know exactly what is in the pre event it isn't a lot of content either. If you looked at the post I was replying to they had said just for the demon hunters you need 4 to 6 weeks, I since you asked if i know there are other things I am going to have to ask if you can read the entire post you are about to jump into for no reason.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Zublits View Post
    I don't know why people are always so keen to get into betas. Why do you want to spoil the experience e when it's buggy and unpolished? Then you lose all of your progress and have to do everything over again at launch. It seems truly pointless, unless you actually care about testing the game (and I guarantee most of you don't give a rats arse about that). Just wait a month and play it when it comes out complete.
    I agree 100% i gave up on all the contests maybe getting in one here or there id just perfect the mig system and or Profs but i agree i dont wanna work aimlessly on a a char thats not my main and doing it allllll over roboic and boring many might be ok with it if your used to doing it over and over alt'ing.

Please release the pre-patch already. I beg of you.

Lol even if the pre patch were tomorrow (which its already been confirmed not) demon hunter wont unlock till 1 or 2 weeks at most before legion launches. DHs are not part of the pre patch, and wont be playable from the beginning of pre patch. Tomorrow will be some stupid little gimmick event not worth being around for either. Less than 2 months till legion launches anyway, beta wont be around too much longer so no big reason to try and get in anymore.

Details, Blizzard, details
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

It's not open beta if it's key related. Could be a massive wave of keys however obtained via some sort of in game event. What doesn't fit with that is the streamers bit. Unless you need to be a part of a streamer raid group to qualify for a key. That will be chaotic.

my speculation: they rush an open beta.

cause they have a lots of bugs and unfixed things in beta. never played a beta, that was that unfinished so short before release. so what would i do ? simple: hire a hundreds of thousands of beta testers, and sell em that as a gift

my other option is: they dont stopped copying diablo, and introduced some auto content demon bounties stuff, like bounties in D3. also possible.
    Exactly how many betas have you actually played in? The Legion beta is pretty polished at the moment yes it couldn't have launched now but the larger bugs have been fixed and the more minor ones will get dealt with prior to launch.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/750519056084578304
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/750509621031284738

"it does not involve changes to the live game" and "community fun". So I'll tell you what it is: shitty twitter "event" where they'll give away large amounts of beta keys. Awesome :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    If it is open beta, and I have some deep reservations, the only reason I can see them doing something like this is its one of the few ways they can test realm stability. That's the biggest thing imo. Look at the fiasco during WoD's launch.

Also about release readiness, I think this is getting to the time where Blizz devs are going to start living on campus and working that overtime.
    That's a good point. They have a new instance technology to create new instances if there are too many players at the same place. They probably really need to test it to avoid another WoD opening with the crashes among the insane amount of players.

If the new Facebook integration/Facebook streaming is anywhere near ready to go, free Beta keys for anyone who logs in using Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Have you played recently? Barring the instance glitch on Friday, there hasn't really been any issues that I've seen the last few weeks.
    Yes I am playing it almost every day and have been since I got the key.
    There are many world server bugs, instance bugs, general class bugs and ect ..

Deleted
    I dont expect any open beta or big waves inv, rather facebook intergration or other bullshit

Deleted
    Just because there are stability issues doesn't mean they are going to be present in the final version as well. We don't know exactly how they are managing their builds and certain issues are going to be adressed when there's a release candidate.