Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I have no more social obligation to the person next door or five doors away, I'm which I have little in common (except mutual distaste since they're all mostly the you must trace yourself back hundreds of years of British ancestry with nice British names or go fuck yourself types. Which puts them at odds with my multi ethnic background)than I am a person half the world away who has caused me no harm and more likely have similar views in politics, entertainment and social issues.

When it comes to those national borders mean squat. And to put it further those people hold higher chance of my loyalty and friendship over someone who happened to be born in same country.
    I'm curious, would you advocate completely open borders then? Or are you happy with the current system which discriminates against immigration from the rest of the world for immigration from the EU?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm not sure it's really possible to live in the UK without contributing to the system.
    Oh it's quite easy actually.

Say I am a Polish man with a disease. I get a boat trip to the UK to "Work" there.

And by work I mean walk into the nearest ER and demand to be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Oh it's quite easy actually.

Say I am a Polish man with a disease. I get a boat trip to the UK to "Work" there.

And by work I mean walk into the nearest ER and demand to be treated.
    Why would you do that? There are better places to go for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why would you do that? There are better places to go for that.
    Well they do that anyway, So as much as you try and detract from it, they are leeches on our already strained NHS.

Well they do that anyway, So as much as you try and detract from it, they are leeches on our already strained NHS.
    Glad you will get those extra 350 millions a day or something, are you?

Deleted
    Glad you will get those extra 350 millions a day or something, are you?
    As long as it reduces wait times, I don't care.

As long as it reduces wait times, I don't care.
    It will just reduce investment into hospitals even more. Those wait times are by design.

Deleted
    It will just reduce investment into hospitals even more. Those wait times are by design.
    Ah yes, being full of Polish migrants is by design.

I'm sorry but I literally went to the doctors yesterday because of an ear infection. Guess who filled the waiting room.

Eastern Europeans with no appointment wanting to be seen instantly.

Eastern Europeans with no appointment wanting to be seen instantly.
    Well to be fair to them, the clock is now ticking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well to be fair to them, the clock is now ticking...
    Just makes me think of the reactions of the Polish people at work, it was glorious. Serves the rat bastards right though.

Just makes me think of the reactions of the Polish people at work, it was glorious. Serves the rat bastards right though.
    For me it's a bit weird, bar one, the twenty or so polish people I've worked with have been really sound, hardworking, great team players. The one guy was a lazy fuck but hey, he had the opportunity to catch some sleep on the job, so he took it (Night driver, so "nothing to do" for hours at a time sometimes, could help out someplace in the hotel but chose to just kip, w/e).

So reading everyone complain about shoddy polish workmanship etc. runs contrary to my personal experiences. But it's gonna be different in different places
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    For me it's a bit weird, bar one, the twenty or so polish people I've worked with have been really sound, hardworking, great team players. The one guy was a lazy fuck but hey, he had the opportunity to catch some sleep on the job, so he took it (Night driver, so "nothing to do" for hours at a time sometimes, could help out someplace in the hotel but chose to just kip, w/e).

So reading everyone complain about shoddy polish workmanship etc. runs contrary to my personal experiences. But it's gonna be different in different places
    Well, We have a fair few Polish temps who found it rather funny to always say " We will have your job soon"

So it was rather amusing to come in on Brexit to see them all suddenly alot less antagonistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm not sure it's really possible to live in the UK without contributing to the system.
    What do you mean? There's thousands of examples of people coming here getting free housing free healthcare and benefits, granted it isn't the majority but denying a % don't contribute is silly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What do you mean? There's thousands of examples of people coming here getting free housing free healthcare and benefits, granted it isn't the majority but denying a % don't contribute is silly
    But it's 2016.

We should be providing for Foreigners over the local populace!

I mean you're not a Non-Globalist are you?

Depends I think, isn't it the case that more than half of the UK are net drains on the "system" so chastising a few foreigners for also being lower than average contributors seems a bit moot?

But even the "net drains" contribute to the system, even if it doesn't out the cost. Just buying stuff means you're contributing, right? Even if you're a drug dealer who pays 0 taxes, when you buy your clothes and bling and car etc. you are contributing...

Deleted
    Depends I think, isn't it the case that more than half of the UK are net drains on the "system" so chastising a few foreigners for also being lower than average contributors seems a bit moot?

But even the "net drains" contribute to the system, even if it doesn't out the cost. Just buying stuff means you're contributing, right? Even if you're a drug dealer who pays 0 taxes, when you buy your clothes and bling and car etc. you are contributing...
    Contributing a tiny bit compared to taking alot from the system is not an ideal setup. Especially when alot of these Eastern Europeans actively send alot of the money back to their families so DON'T contribute much.

Deleted

I don't know where you got 'over half of' from but it doesn't really seem a good argument to say "Well residents already abuse the system so let's add more"

As I said MOST immigrants are cool but I know very well SOME aren't and can understand why certain people that get surrounded by these SOME will be pissed. That's one issue a % of BREXIT voters had, they felt they were getting surrounded by sponges and that the government wasn't attempting to fix it so they voted OUT in hopes that would end it

I don't know where you got 'over half of' from but it doesn't really seem a good argument to say "Well residents already abuse the system so let's add more"
    It's nothing to do with "abusing" the system, its just if you work out how much it costs to keep this country running, divide it by number of residents you get how much each person would have to pay in to be a net contributor. As far as I was aware, *most* people in the UK fall under that bar, and are net drains, and its the higher earning minority that in fact, pay for more of the costs than the majority.

So even your working 40 hour week on minimum wage never took a penny welfare in their life residents are in fact, costing more than they pay in...

(I could be absolutely wrong about this of course, that's just how I figured it all worked out. If I am wrong then where the hell is all this money going )

Deleted
    It's nothing to do with "abusing" the system, its just if you work out how much it costs to keep this country running, divide it by number of residents you get how much each person would have to pay in to be a net contributor. As far as I was aware, *most* people in the UK fall under that bar, and are net drains, and its the higher earning minority that in fact, pay for more of the costs than the majority.

So even your working 40 hour week on minimum wage never took a penny welfare in their life residents are in fact, costing more than they pay in...

(I could be absolutely wrong about this of course, that's just how I figured it all worked out. If I am wrong then where the hell is all this money going )
    How exactly does this mean we need to take in MORE drains on society that statistically also bring more crime over?

Deleted

(I could be absolutely wrong about this of course, that's just how I figured it all worked out)
    Well I can't really debate that as I don't know

I'm just explaining why a % voted OUT