Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I moved to Windows 10 from 7 and I wont even look back. W10 is very solid and stable for me, I dont get all this hate at all.
    i agree, i havent had any issues with it my self. but then again, i dont really dive too deep into the meat of it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nobody is saying they're fake, because they're functional keys. They're just keys that aren't "legit". They can be purchased for resale using stolen credit cards (which are charged back, so the developer/publisher doesn't see any of that money), they can be purchased in different regions (so the developer/publisher sees far less money per sale), or they can "go missing" from shipments (so the developer/publisher sees no money).

The grey market of key reselling may be good for getting cheap games, but it's terrible for developers and the industry.

Though if they wanted to, I'm sure CDPR could have invalidated many of the keys purchased through said credit card fraud (if it happened) similar to what Ubisoft does from time to time.
    CDproject would have no problem with doing that.. just like they tried to get money back from people downloading witcher 2. So if there was any sign of them being fraudulently bought they would have done exactly what ubisoft did.. got the police involved, retake any keys, sue GMG. they did non of that leading us to believe that a 3rd party bought them after being approved by CDproject then resold the keys. Theyre very aggressive about this so when they do nothing it means that there is no evidence to back up the claim that theyre not legit.

anyways going way off topic so ill leave it at that from myself.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2016-02-14 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    CDproject would have no problem with doing that.. just like they tried to get money back from people downloading witcher 2. So if there was any sign of them being fraudulently bought they would have done exactly what ubisoft did.. got the police involved, retake any keys. they did neither leading us to believe that a 3rd party bought them after being approved by CDproject then resold the keys. Theyre very aggressive about this so when they do nothing it means that there is no evidence to back up the claim that theyre not legit.
    Do you know the difference between CDProject Red and Ubisoft?

One is a massive company and one is a way smaller company. Ubisoft can take the PR hit and CDProject Red can't risk such a hit. Also Ubisoft didn't get police involved and soon after they give the games back to those who had bad keys.

Once again we do know that GMG was not a legit seller for Witcher 3 and yet they was selling Witcher 3 was a massive discount. The Discount was even bigger then stores like Gamestop and Steam.

CDProject Red wants fans to play there game and did not want to punish fans for buying a game from a site that they didn't know wasn't a legit seller. This story is in no way the same as what happen with Ubisoft. Also unlike Ubisoft CDproject Red does give two fucks about there fans.

There is no proof the keys was or wasn't legit keys. But we do know that GMG wasn't a legit seller. That is more then enough to not trust GMG.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    May I ask why you have such hostility towards 10?
    Probably for the same reason(s) you show hostility towards win7. Look in the mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    On the other hand console players aren't spending 20,000 dollars on crowdsourced projects for imaginary spaceships.
    1) Crowd-funded games isn't something that is unique to the PC platform
    2) Those games people are backing for that will be for sale for entirely normal game prices of say 60 usd and below once they come out. If you don't want to support a dev to make a product you want, don't back them while its still in early access. That's just common sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The DLC I was talking about is the store packs they sell.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hal.../1100-6431325/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-for-microsoft

Also I was slightly wrong. Halo 5 did sell well but may not have shipped as many consoles as Microsoft may have hoped for since it didn't even sell as many as Titanfall did.
    http://n4g.com/news/1821747/halo-5-s...in-halo-series
    The req packs have no effect on the actuall gameplay and are not DLC. They game has done somthing though titanfall didnt, and thats be a flash in the pan. This is pushing 4 months now of halo and its only goten better every month with free shit, titanfall lost most of its population like 2 months in and had paid dlc that was just maps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    The mentality of console gamers that if someone else has access to the same toys they do then they are somehow irrelevant all together just show's the age range we are dealing with here, let them spurge about this like children and throw the dummy... its pretty amusing.
    Are console games the ones with the pc master race bullshit? Sorry but pc gamers are by far the most stuck up. talking down to anyone owning a console. I own a xbox and play it often, i also own a fallout 4 ultra capable computer and play it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The req packs have no effect on the actuall gameplay and are not DLC. They game has done somthing though titanfall didnt, and thats be a flash in the pan. This is pushing 4 months now of halo and its only goten better every month with free shit, titanfall lost most of its population like 2 months in and had paid dlc that was just maps.
    First off yes its DLC its Download Content.

Etherway not here to debate about halo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

First off yes its DLC its Download Content.

Etherway not here to debate about halo.
    Your not downloading anything when you buy one? Its not DLC bro.

Your not downloading anything when you buy one? Its not DLC bro.
    Your buying currency in a video game with $$$ that is still counted as DLC. You can even now spend like $30 and get some packs that give you ingame content via cosmetics or weapons.

So yes once again its DLC done having this argument welcome to 2016 and I won't be replying to this part of the topic anymore.

Your buying currency in a video game with $$$ that is still counted as DLC. You can even now spend like $30 and get some packs that give you ingame content via cosmetics or weapons.

So yes once again its DLC done having this argument welcome to 2016 and I won't be replying to this part of the topic anymore.
    Your not buying currency? You buy packs that you can unlock normally via points you get for completing games, nothing more. you dont know what your talking about but please keep it up.

Deleted
    snip
    said i wouldnt reply but LOL

what are you talking about? CDproject caused a shit storm with witcher 2 with trying to track down users.. they did this before so doing it again wouldnt be a problem. The reason why ubisoft revoked alot of the keys wasnt because G2A was selling the game but because they were purchased from ubisoft/origin using stolen credit card details then were being resold.. and if you dont think the police were involved in a large scale fruad case then thats pretty funny. (g2a also offered a large scale refund)

Do you even need permission to resell an item if its not exclusively sold on a platform?

CDproject decided to sell X amount of keys to authourized buyer. GMG buys all those keys and resells them. These keys are legal and legit or do you think GMG had a key generator before launch and was selling them illegally?
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2016-02-14 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I really doubt Halo 5 will ever be ported to PC unless Microsoft WANTS to kill off their console. They NEED exclusives to sell units. Halo 5 is one of their biggest. But I also agree with Totalbiscuit. Steam needs competition so it has a reason to try to improve itself with its customers. I think Microsoft can provide that competition if they open up the Windows Store on PC and port some of their titles to PC, but keep Halo and Gears on Xbox. Hopefully without being a repeat of GfWL.
    As I said in the OP, it should make no difference to Microsoft if people play Halo 5 on PC or console. You are just substituting one Windows 10 device for another Windows 10 device.

Even if all games including Halo 5 are on both, and this won't happen any time soon and without agreement of all publishers, it's still not going to matter. People will buy a console if they want a console experience (i.e. essentially a gaming PC that plugs into a TV bundled with a controller), in the same way that Surface doesn't kill PC despite the fact that a Surface can run everything a PC can.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2016-02-15 at 10:56 AM.

That point is also moot because they're never gonna port Halo games or Gears of War 4 to PC anyway. Microsoft isn't stupid. They're going to keep giving people reasons to buy the Xbox. Microsoft will always make money anyway. They get earnings every time someone buys one of their devices with any form of windows on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The OP is just hilarious with his "MS wants every Xbox game on PC" speal. Yea, they want Halo and Forza on PC so bad, hell they even ported Forza 5 to DX12 and didn't even bother to release it to the public LMAO.

MS throws PC the scraps of their exclusive lineup, and also allow 2nd party games to be ported to PC this is nothing new and I'm not sure why the OP thinks some massive change has happened. Then again, he makes this same thread like 2 times a year claiming console exclusives are going to die lulz.
    Here you go: All Microsoft-Published Games Will Now Be Xbox Play Anywhere.

How did I predict this? Because I'm not a stupid idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

What's more hilarious?

A) The fact Halo 5 is still not coming to PC

or

B) You're bumping a months old thread with month old news that came out at e3?

10+ Year Old Account

Yes please call me a stupid idiot because I said something months ago that all of the information that Microsoft was saying contradicted what they're doing now. Good for you smartass. Nobody gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What's more hilarious?

A) The fact Halo 5 is still not coming to PC

or

B) You're bumping a months old thread with month old news that came out at e3?
    Halo 5 is still doing amazingly better than pretty much any game so far of this generation. IMO its the only game to get constistantly better each month with free updates. Prob rivals the witcher in that sense.

Yes please call me a stupid idiot because I said something months ago that all of the information that Microsoft was saying contradicted what they're doing now. Good for you smartass. Nobody gives a shit.
    As I said, it was always obvious given the Xbox One, Windows 10 merge.

Debunking something that's clearly wrong is now considered "trolling".

its not a full xbox windows 10 merge, Its just MS published games. Stop exagerating.

10+ Year Old Account

Who the hell called you a troll? You're vying for attention.

Deleted
    its not a full xbox windows 10 merge, Its just MS published games. Stop exagerating.
    Do Halo and Forza fall under MS publishing? They were literally the only reasons I would consider an Xbone.