Thread: War Is Coming

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yeah. It actually is. It wouldn't be if Feudalism were completely dead and feudalists hadn't completely hijacked the idea from the get go.

But they have. The architects of the system built corruptions into it from the get-go. As long as they or their progeny still draw breath nobody with any shred of reason could ever expect the system to become uncorrupted.

Maybe some time in the future a more equitable model can be developed. But this particular model is broken. The powers that be in this world are a bunch of Feudalist shitlords, and anybody who defends their precious little system is a shit lord by association.

Inequity is growing because of this system. Because those who benefit from that inequity control the system.

And if you people don't drop your naive marxist star trek utopian fantasies we are all going to be fucked, in our lifetime.
    Dude. You live in paradise. Wth are you blathering about?
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    But ultimately, standing alone, /pol/ shall Triumph.
    Never in the field of internet conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

I have no idea what /pol/ is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Beans, Bullets, Bandages, Bullion, I've got plenty of all three. I live rather remote, 110 feet from 6 quadrillion gallons of fresh water, and above an artisan well. The east and south halves of my roof are covered with solar panels (thanks Obama! *sucker) I have Heirloom seeds, plenty of plastic sheeting for green houses, a few cords of firewood, 3 fireplaces a stove, and a friendly corn/dairy farmer behind me. I live in the most conservative county in the state, and know my neighbors.

WWIII is going to be a ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not wrong ya know.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

War won't happen. Why? Because it is expensive. Someone starts a war? They'll dry themselves of money, food, building materials, technology, ect. really quickly. Attack somewhere and you destroy it's infrastructure, economy starts to collapse and money flees the area. No point attacking since by attacking the target loses most of its worth.

ect.

Well as long as the US can stay out of it. We haven't declared war since 1942, I'm liking our soothing era of peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Beans, Bullets, Bandages, Bullion, I've got plenty of all three.
    Classic survivalist right here. Has bullets but can't even count to four.

- - - Updated - - -

above an artisan well
    artesian well
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Classic survivalist right here. Has bullets but can't even count to four.

- - - Updated - - -

artesian well

impressive. I was fat fingering the Nexus 6, Hey,common down, I'm sure I can spare a few rounds for you. I'll make sure I take a piss in Lake Michigan tonight for you, just incase you are short vitamin B.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    War won't happen. Why? Because it is expensive. Someone starts a war? They'll dry themselves of money, food, building materials, technology, ect. really quickly. Attack somewhere and you destroy it's infrastructure, economy starts to collapse and money flees the area. No point attacking since by attacking the target loses most of its worth.

ect.
    Look back through history, at all of the great wars. Look at who lined up the pawns, funded both sides, and got rich. There is money to be made in chaos. Loads of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    impressive. I was fat fingering the Nexus 6, Hey,common down, I'm sure I can spare a few rounds for you. I'll make sure I take a piss in Lake Michigan tonight for you, just incase you are short vitamin B.

- - - Updated - - -

Look back through history, at all of the great wars. Look at who lined up the pawns, funded both sides, and got rich. There is money to be made in chaos. Loads of it.
    Empty threats on the internet from someone who's proven himself to be significantly less intelligent than the already low American average.

Color me shocked.

PS: Vancouver Island is a rock in the Pacific Ocean, about 2200 miles away from Lake Michigan. You're going to have to come up with a better idea than pissing in a lake half a continent away (and not even on the same landmass).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

See, sh*ts about to go down right now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Empty threats on the internet from someone who's proven himself to be significantly less intelligent than the already low American average.

Color me shocked.

PS: Vancouver Island is a rock in the Pacific Ocean, about 2200 miles away from Lake Michigan. You're going to have to come up with a better idea than pissing in a lake half a continent away (and not even on the same landmass).
    small world, I know a Gal on that rock from years ago... Doreen her name was. nice gal.

15+ Year Old Account
    artesian well
    Nah man, Artisan Well. After society collapses you're going to need artisans to bring back culture - you gotta get yourself one of those Artisan Wells - otherwise what's the point of surviving?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

"When all the world is overcharged with inhabitants, then the last remedy of all is war, which provideth for every man, by victory or death."
    - Thomas Hobbes

Really I'm more of an optimist. But most of his points aren't wrong.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    True - if people act rationally.

"guy on internet has opinion"
    READ and be less Ignorant.

WWII most every nation had nerve gas or sarin yet nobody used it, even when the Russians were pounding on the door of Hitler's bunker.

Nukes might be the same, nobody would use them, this would make war much more likely.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That's gross war, do that with the door closed.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    With all its glory... and all its horror.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Blogger. 'nuff said.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I think the internet, of all things, is both the cause of war mongering behavior, by giving a giant megaphone to opinions that are actually far less widely held, and the solution to it, by being able to generate information flow between previously unconnected people.

How quickly people can weed through the bullshit really is the key.

As for the article:

In fact, that's the problem: technology and globalization radically expanded the pie, but they also shrank the number of people who got the big pieces.
    Of course it did. It couldn't *not* do this. Anyone who says that wealth isn't a zero sum game is living in a fantasy world.