Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    You should have learned that there is no such thing as "warning shots" and that no officer aims for the legs or arms. As far as insults go if you want to compare me calling you cute(when did that become a bad thing?) to you bringing up my mom as if I was going bite that hook then keep on fishing son.
    But there are. In my country that is. Which i also said in my original post. Well anyone who writes LMAO in the beginning of a sentence is probably in his late teens or just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Everyone that mentions a gun has said "allegedly" and that they're going to make a judgement on this one way or the other. It's people like you that jump into the thread and whine about shit that you have no clue about. I already proved that you didn't watch the video and you didn't read the articles. You're just here to virtue signal and post hyperbolic nonsense.
    But i already told you that i did watch the video and the article i read was not the one in this thread but another one that i read earlier today. And in that article they clearly stated it was six shots, now i don't know about you but i don't want to watch that kind of video over and over to count the amount of shots in it, especially when it matters little between 5-6. It doesn't really matter anyway, you believe what you want, doesn't fucking matter.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    What are you on about? They were slaves. And until "recently" they had no meaningful rights. And at the moment they're a majority in poverty, crime and everything you'd associate with poor groups of people. Why are they all still poor? Are they more stupid than the average citizen? Or is it something else behind the curtains making it extra difficult for them to break out of poverty?
    What on earth makes you think all black Americans are poor?

But there are. In my country that is. Which i also said in my original post. Well anyone who writes LMAO in the beginning of a sentence is probably in his late teens or just silly.
    The LMAO was because of how absurd what you said was. Show me the guidlines for drawing and firing your weapon in whatever country you are from and then I'll believe that there is some police force out there that is actually trained to fire warning shots or shoot the smallest parts of a person to stop a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

But i already told you that i did watch the video and the article i read was not the one in this thread but another one that i read earlier today. And in that article they clearly stated it was six shots, now i don't know about you but i don't want to watch that kind of video over and over to count the amount of shots in it. It doesn't really matter anyway, you believe what you want, doesn't fucking matter.
    Well, then you wouldn't mind linking the article that explicitly states that six shots were fired, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What on earth makes you think all black Americans are poor?
    Who said all? It might be my English not coming off correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, then you wouldn't mind linking the article that explicitly states that six shots were fired, right?
    If you can bother reading Swedish and hope for the fact that they didn't edit it out a few hours later, then sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    The LMAO was because of how absurd what you said was. Show me the guidlines for drawing and firing your weapon in whatever country you are from and then I'll believe that there is some police force out there that is actually trained to fire warning shots or shoot the smallest parts of a person to stop a threat.
    I'm no police officer myself. But i do know that you shoot people in the leg first, and we probably have different protocols because there's not many people who carry a weapon here. So you mainly want to stop them in their tracks, not kill them off. It's extremely rare that a police officer shoots someone dead here.

If you can bother reading Swedish and hope for the fact that they didn't edit it out a few hours later, then sure.
    So, instead of just linking it, you decide to dick around? How about you link it? If it's a reputable source they'll make note of edits.

I'm no police officer myself. But i do know that you shoot people in the leg first, and we probably have different protocols because there's not many people who carry a weapon here. So you mainly want to stop them in their tracks, not kill them off. It's extremely rare that a police officer shoots someone dead here.
    Probably because it's illegal to carry one unless you're hunting or at a shooting range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone but you, and one other poster, is seeing him with his face pointing up and his right arm free. Maybe you didn't watch the same video?
    Face pointing up and right arm free is not the same thing as resisting arrest. Lying face up with one arm free with two police on top of you is also not an offense worthy of summary execution.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    I don't understand.

Why does every video of this turn away right as there is an audible struggle and the guys yell, "He has a gun"? Is not that the part you want to have on video? Because as it stands the police can easily say (and it can't be argued) that he fired his gun first.

Keep in mind the guy got shot in his back and in his chest. I don't know if you know what a human looks like but if a guy is laying on his chest, unless the police shot him in his back, then rolled him over then shot him in his chest, some strange shit is going on there.
    The man didn't have the gun in his hand. The officer had the victim's gun at the time of the shooting. The officer reached into the victim's pocket and found the gun. That's when they pulled theirs out and about 3 seconds later they opened fire on a pinned man.

Also the videos turn because that's when the cops start shooting, so they put their heads down.

So, instead of just linking it, you decide to dick around? How about you link it? If it's a reputable source they'll make note of edits.

Probably because it's illegal to carry one unless you're hunting or at a shooting range.
    And yes, it's reputable because it's the government (tax paid) news organisation. But no paper in Sweden is keeping tracks of edits.
    http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6468729

- - - Updated - - -

You'd be amazed by the amount of guns we have in this country, about 30% of the population own a gun. I was shocked when i saw the numbers.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    He was resisting arrest.

Whether or not he was shot while reaching or, or appearing to reach for, a weapon is unknown at this point.
    The answer is he was shot while pinned on the ground.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Face pointing up and right arm free is not the same thing as resisting arrest. Lying face up with one arm free with two police on top of you is also not an offense worthy of summary execution.
    Resisting arrest means to struggle and make it hard to handcuff and detain. You're not watching the right video.

Lying face up struggling with police is actually an offence called resisting arrest... Jesus, how can someone be this dense?

there is a video angle from outside a vehicle, someone was standing basically right above it, yes the cops did say he has a gun, but for one, hes on the ground with two 220+ pound cops sitting on each arm, instead of reaching for his own gun to shoot him he could have easily reached for the guys gun and disarmed him instead, or used a taser at least. Now I am all for getting rid of the bad people, but this isnt how it done. Also that cop didnt even take into consideration his own partners life when unloading his gun, he almost shot his partner too.

Also resisting arrest is starting to be used far too often. I mean has anyone ever been in an uncomfortable position and reflex makes you resist it and free yourself? same thing happens when someone is yanking your arm behind your back in a way that will snap it with a little more pressure, and not try and free your arm. I mean I can name multiple different times I was at a party and the cops showed up for noise and they would just walk around pushing kids around, I got pepper sprayed for watching, my friend got his hand smashed by a baton for putting on his shoes, my other friend got kicked over for bending over to pick up his jacket, I could go on. Also just to say something about fighting back a cop, my friend who is a trained mma fighter decided to wrestle a cop that was arresting him (he already had the cuffs on one hand) and my friend was destroying the cop, you know what the cop did after? he got up, said good fight brushed his pants off and put him in the car. He didnt need to pull out his taser, his gun, his baton or anything. He congratulated him on the good effort in resisting and called it a day. No need to kill people.
    Last edited by lolwhatadumbthread; 2016-07-06 at 10:29 PM.

And yes, it's reputable because it's the government (tax paid) news organisation. But no paper in Sweden is keeping tracks of edits.
    http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6468729

You'd be amazed by the amount of guns we have in this country, about 30% of the population own a gun. I was shocked when i saw the numbers.
    Owning a gun and openly carrying a gun is two different things.

Not seeing the number of shots fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    I don't understand.

Why does every video of this turn away right as there is an audible struggle and the guys yell, "He has a gun"? Is not that the part you want to have on video? Because as it stands the police can easily say (and it can't be argued) that he fired his gun first.

Keep in mind the guy got shot in his back and in his chest. I don't know if you know what a human looks like but if a guy is laying on his chest, unless the police shot him in his back, then rolled him over then shot him in his chest, some strange shit is going on there.
    The guy was on his side and struggling and the officers did not have him subdued. No magic occurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhatadumbthread View Post
    there is a video angle from outside a vehicle, someone was standing basically right above it, yes the cops did say he has a gun, but for one, hes on the ground with two 220+ pound cops sitting on each arm, instead of reaching for his own gun to shoot him he could have easily reached for the guys gun and disarmed him instead, or used a taser at least. Now I am all for getting rid of the bad people, but this isnt how it done. Also that cop didnt even take into consideration his own partners life when unloading his gun, he almost shot his partner too.
    They should have stopped time while they were at it... So many assumptions for something that happened in less than a minute.

You don't actually see them firing. They hit him in his chest and back. Meaning they stood up and backed away after the first shot.

You can see in the video that his arm is free. Why do you assume he can't reach his pocket? There are witness reports that the cops pulled a gun from his pocket.

Is it your opinion that what they did is or is not procedural? Now can you link the actual procedure that this is acceptable and is trained to these officers? What you're saying is still opinion, and you aren't using critical thought if you think that his question can be answered with anything but the actual procedure from trained officers. Show us a form of their procedures.
    Weak rebuttal but I'll bite.

U.S. Supreme Court said that "deadly force...may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_force

The law authorizes law enforcement officers to use deadly physical force only when they reasonably believe it is necessary to:

1. defend themselves or a third person from the use or imminent use of deadly physical force or

2. make an arrest or prevent the escape from custody of a person whom they reasonably believe has committed or attempted to commit a felony involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical injury and, where feasible, they have given warning of their intent to use deadly physical force (CGS § 53a-22 (c)).
    Source: https://www.cga.ct.gov/2008/rpt/2008-R-0074.htm

According to the traditional rule, a police officer was allowed to use any non-deadly force that reasonably appeared to be necessary to make an arrest for any crime. However, deadly force was only allowed in situations where the officer reasonably believed that the suspect had committed a felony.
    Source: http://nationalparalegal.edu/public_...UseofForce.asp

Video from the convenience store owner. http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-emerg...ry?id=40385136

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHiRVoFAGkz/
    more detailed and closer video, don't know if it was posted

Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHiRVoFAGkz/
    more detailed and closer video, don't know if it was posted
    That's a better one than I could find, thank you for the link. That's super graphic by the way. So if anyone is going to click it, be warned. Very upsetting watching that myself.
    Last edited by InventiveMeasures; 2016-07-06 at 10:36 PM.

Owning a gun and openly carrying a gun is two different things.

Not seeing the number of shots fired.
    They simply changed it to "shots", no numbers.

Deleted
    Resisting arrest means to struggle and make it hard to handcuff and detain. You're not watching the right video.

Lying face up struggling with police is actually an offence called resisting arrest... Jesus, how can someone be this dense?
    It's an offense sure. But not one with a death penalty attached to it, without trial.