Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Ex-Fox News Host Gretchen Carlson Sues Roger Ailes For Sexual Harassment

Gretchen Carlson, until last month a Fox News host, alleged in a lawsuit announced Wednesday that Fox News boss Roger Ailes fired her from the network after months of rebuffing his sexual advances.

Carlson was a former co-host of "Fox & Friends" and anchored her own afternoon news show, "The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson."
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...al-harrassment
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Can 'rebuffing his sexual advances' even legally be considered sexual harassment?

Sounds more like unlawful termination if there's any truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Gretchen Carlson, until last month a Fox News host, alleged in a lawsuit announced Wednesday that Fox News boss Roger Ailes fired her from the network after months of rebuffing his sexual advances.

Carlson was a former co-host of "Fox & Friends" and anchored her own afternoon news show, "The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson."
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...al-harrassment
    If it's true, hope she wins, if it's not, hope she burns. NEXT

Deleted
    Sounds more like unlawful termination with an added constructive dismissal area. dont see how someone making sexual advances is now sexual harrassment.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Just saw this and am totally not surprised at all. They have a track record of sexual harassment at Faux News (for example Papa Bear aka. Mr. Reilly himself). And considering how many vapid broads they have on staff there is plenty of prey grazing about.

Just another reason to hate them I suppose. In addition to being a dumpster fire of a "news" organization of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Info from the complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Can 'rebuffing his sexual advances' even legally be considered sexual harassment?

Sounds more like unlawful termination if there's any truth to it.
    Seriously you don't understand that unwanted sexual advances from a superior at work is sexual harassment?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Sounds more like unlawful termination with an added constructive dismissal area. dont see how someone making sexual advances is now sexual harrassment.
    It tends to get extended to denying equal treatment in the workplace when one denies advances.

submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment,
    submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individuals, or
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ual+harassment

If she was fired for not having sex with him, it falls right in line with sexual harassment as well as unlawful termination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Sexual Harassment
    It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
    https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/sexual_harassment.cfm

She was Miss America a while back ago.

Roger Ailes must be pushing 80, if I were him I'd take the rap just to brag to my friends.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Seriously you don't understand that unwanted sexual advances from a superior at work is sexual harassment?
    Welcome to the MMOC-GOT conservative braintrust meme generator.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Sexual advances in the workplace are pretty much sexual harassment territory. Especially when they're coming from a superior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Roger Ailes must be pushing 80, if I were him I'd take the rap just to brag to my friends.
    He apparently already was bragging he slept with three other Miss Americas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Isn't that basically the definition of sexual harassment?
    Making a sexual advance is not sexual harassment, its showing sexual interest in someone.

Continuing to make sexual advances after the person has refused you or has made it known they do not want you doing so is sexual harassment. Making sexual advances in an inappropriate setting (like this situation, where a superior makes advances on a co-worker) is generally sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Brag to his friends that she repeatedly refused to have sex with him?

- - - Updated - - -

Step 1: Don't sexually harass employees
    Step 2: If you fail at Step 1...don't sexually harass employees around witnesses
    Step 3: If you fail at Steps 1 and 2...don't fire the employees that you sexually harassed.
    Step 4: If you fail at Steps 1,2, and 3...Settle the inevitable lawsuit out of court as quickly as possible to contain the damage as much as possible
    Step 5: If you fail at Steps 1,2,3, and 4... Lose the lawsuit, open yourself up to further lawsuits from every other employee and former employee who feels that they too may have been sexually harassed and return to Steps 3 or 4 as applicable.

god damned fox news conservatives and their PC agenda.

It's so enjoyable watching conservatives shit themselves when everything they've made the foundation of their beliefs gets called into question. Ted Cruz on Obamacare, Ayn Rand on social security/medicare, and now her perhaps finally realizing no one at fox gave a shit what she had to say, and her entire career was based on the fact that she was a blonde woman with blue eyes, on fox news channel

It's almost like the liberals that have made fun of fox news' policy of no tables and making all women anchors wear skirts for the last decade were on to something.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Brag to his friends that she repeatedly refused to have sex with him?

- - - Updated - - -

Step 1: Don't sexually harass employees
    Step 2: If you fail at Step 1...don't sexually harass employees around witnesses
    Step 3: If you fail at Steps 1 and 2...don't fire the employees that you sexually harassed.
    Step 4: If you fail at Steps 1,2, and 3...Settle the inevitable lawsuit out of court as quickly as possible to contain the damage as much as possible
    Step 5: If you fail at Steps 1,2,3, and 4... Lose the lawsuit, open yourself up to further lawsuits from every other employee and former employee who feels that they too may have been sexually harassed and return to Steps 3 or 4 as applicable.
    I would add to step 2: don't sexually harass employees via written communications that could be saved and used against you later.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Never dip your pool in the company ink, especially if you're the boss

hahah the network that spends hours a day going after bill clinton for being a sexual predator....talk about ironic

7+ Year Old Account
    Some more details including the actual suit.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...assment-225162

Apparently Gretchen wasn't the only one:

"In the hours since the lawsuit was announced, "at least ten" other women have contacted the law firm, wanting to speak about Ailes' treatment, according to a spokesman for the firm."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/06/medi...ailes-lawsuit/

maybe this will be Fox News' Gawker/hulk hogan moment and we can be done with this particularly distasteful station that is the worst among the shit that we call network media.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.