Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There was a thread claiming 'outrage' at the Captain America/Hydra Sleeper Agent story line a few weeks back. Which bewildered me how people would take that plot as concrete. That is not how comics work, bros.

I get the impression there are "fans" of comics whom don't actually read the comics week to week, but are attached to the idea of those comic characters. Perhaps through film or games for example.

So much crazy shit happens week to week in comics. A female Iron Man is passe compared to the shit they are doing to like Dazzler this week. No joke.

I just hope she doesn't turn out to be the the Iron Sass. (Is that racist..?) That hair though. Good luck getting that massive Afro into a helmet.
    She already made a suit. With a helmet. She wore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So instead of making a new black female teen superhero they butcher an old one? Talk about the pinnacle of laziness.

I'm surprised blacks are okay with being given rehashed formerly white super heroes instead of something original.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So instead of making a new black female teen superhero they butcher an old one? Talk about the pinnacle of laziness.
    Bendis did create a new black female teen superhero. That's Riri Williams.

Tony Stark hasn't stopped being Iron Man, per se. There have been many Iron Mans' actually. It's not just Tony Stark all the time- he's just the most well known.

Like Ghost Rider- Johnny Blaze is the most well known but there have been many Ghost Riders.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

I'm surprised blacks are okay with being given rehashed formerly white super heroes instead of something original.
    it is a new hero they didn't butcher the old one why even post if you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

omg, just another SJW genuflection, to just hail to stupid political correctness. in a creative segment like comics, its just a shame.

brave new world...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    omg, just another SJW genuflection, to just hail to stupid political correctness. in a creative segment like comics, its just a shame.

brave new world...
    omg just another clueless poster

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    omg just another clueless poster
    omg just another SJW shill.

Iron Man: the 15 year old black girl who's smarter then Tony Stark! totally a brand new hero. . . people like you never seem to learn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I don't get it. I don't think many black teenage girls read comic books, so what's the point of making her Iron Man? Isn't the whole point of this minority inclusion fad in media recently to "represent" people who like said medium?

Is it to attract the black teenage girl demographic to read comic books? Because if so, it will be a spectacularly pointless failure.
    Wow. Racial stereotyping much?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue I have with the new Iron "Man" is that she is a horribly written character with no flaws and seems to be an attempt at checking as many diversity check boxes as possible. She follows East Asian and Native American spiritualism, she is a 15 year old who is smarter than a 50 year old man with tons of experience with alien technology and even solved universal expansion, she is a black woman, and she seems to have 0 flaws. Tony Stark had flaws and that is part of the reason why Tony was so likeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thought at seeing her was "Hey, girl. Slay!" I haven't read the comics but I like her look and the inspiration behind her character. Sick cover.

Last edited by Daws001; 2016-07-07 at 12:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post

Iron Man: the 15 year old black girl who's smarter then Tony Stark! totally a brand new hero. . . people like you never seem to learn.
    im a comic fan not a sjw this isn't new it isn't a big deal you can freak out and say its only cause of sjw's but its not and its been happening for ages get over it.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to become a villain, good riddance marvel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You seem to be really blind and really full of hate.

As it has been stated multiple times. This is someone else taking over for Tony. Tony still exists in the universe. He is not being reimagined as a black teenager.
    Yet they choose a BLACK TEEN to take up the mantle of IM, same shit they did to Ultimate Spoderman

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to become a villain, good riddance marvel

- - - Updated - - -

Yet they choose a BLACK TEEN to take up the mantle of IM, same shit they did to Ultimate Spoderman
    so just cause there black it's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post

Not smarter than Tony Stark....Smarter than Tony Stark at the same age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

And Miles Morales is an awesome character...what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Iron= Fe, Man=male there for she is Iron man. cool indeed.
    I came here for this
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Wow. Racial stereotyping much?
    So? Am I wrong? I can walk up to random black girls in the street, and out of a hundred I'd be surprised if even one of them reads comic books regularly.

I personally don't like this whole diversity for diversity's sake thing going on, but I can't fathom the business decision being made here, which has the potential to alienate your current core demographic. Maybe they have numbers or focus tests or something that shows the demand, but I just don't see it.

Whatever, I don't read comic books anyway.
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2016-07-07 at 01:18 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    black and female

Guess they need as many SJW brownie points as possible
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    My first thought at seeing her was "Hey, girl. Slay!" I haven't read the comics but I like her look and the inspiration behind her character. Sick cover.

Is that the real cover? Looks like shit.

Things like this just scream to me "hey look black people! We're throwing you a bone! Enjoy!". Much like when a gay character is thrown into a tv/movie story just for the sake of it, and has nothing to do with the story besides "and here's the gay one"...it's pointless pandering, just as it would be pointless letting us know someone is straight for no reason if it has nothing to do with the story. I'm not trying to say this girl being black should have something to do with the story, but it just feels awkward these days to me to see them totally remaking characters into different races and sexes for no other reason than "because it's 2016" (and yes, I know Tony is still in the story). If I was a black woman and read this news, I'd just be shaking my head and be a bit offended, knowing that this was done just to make the comic book company look good in the eyes of today's world. This isn't inspirational, this is a sad attempt at appeasement which just makes it look like tokenism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Things like this just scream to me "hey look black people! We're throwing you a bone! Enjoy!". Much like when a gay character is thrown into a tv/movie story just for the sake of it, and has nothing to do with the story besides "and here's the gay one"...it's pointless pandering, just as it would be pointless letting us know someone is straight for no reason if it has nothing to do with the story. I'm not trying to say this girl being black should have something to do with the story, but it just feels awkward these days to me to see them totally remaking characters into different races and sexes for no other reason than "because it's 2016" (and yes, I know Tony is still in the story). If I was a black woman and read this news, I'd just be shaking my head and be a bit offended, knowing that this was done just to make the comic book company look good in the eyes of today's world. This isn't inspirational, this is a sad attempt at appeasement which just makes it look like tokenism.
    so why cant people just make black characters without it being throwing black people a bone.