Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion Best alliance race for DK?

Since the nerf to every man for himself (now only getting you out of stuns and shares CD with your pvp trinket talent), which alliance race would be the best? I was thinking gnome because of escape artist allowing you to get out of roots, nova etc and the extra runic power can be useful I guess. Dwarf isnt that great just stoneform, night elf has 1% crit and 1% haste depending on day or night but not sure if that goes into pvp stat templates and shadowmeld is meh.

So if you're playing alliance which race to go on a DK in legion?

I am a gnome now, will be gnome in legion

Would help if you'd specify what PvP you were thinking about. Shadowmeld is great for bgs, both casual and rated, not so much for arenas. Gnome escapist is great for arenas, less so in bgs. Etc. If you're playing arenas, what comp are you playing, are you likely to be focused a lot so that stoneform might be the best? Does your comp have good lockdown/catchup or do you need gnomes to not be kited endlessly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Whichever one is more aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable for you to play. Min/maxing on petty stuff like this ruins the game, personally. A good player who knows their class will rise above other players, regardless of any racial benefit you get, they are near negligible in the long run, especially now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Whichever one is more aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable for you to play. Min/maxing on petty stuff like this ruins the game, personally. A good player who knows their class will rise above other players, regardless of any racial benefit you get, they are near negligible in the long run, especially now.
    Orly thats why like 99% of pvpers are human right now

HU is usually way to go, blizz favors this class severely. even when nerfed are re-over buffed

EMFH will get you out of like 15+ stuns from various classes, pets, etc and shared CD on trinket is less time than what UD with their WOTF racial (only works on 3-4 types of fear)

HU....human spirit racial currently only adds versatility, for legion it boosts versa, haste, mastery, crit (the re-over buff) based on a percentage of your gear total. Devs have gone back and forth on whether to make it 1% to 3%. while this may fly over most players heads, under the current HU racial in the 70 level they have near 1% versa, in comparison to equal this with another race you would need a gem slot for a +20 versa gem. even if in legion it ends up at 1% (which i doubt) at level 100-110 for a HU it's like having 4 invisible gems other do not have

i play both a ally (gnome) and horde (goblin) DK, i have faced all races of ally DKs, it was the rare occasion when i faced a dwarf DK that i was surprized by their racial many overlook including me. i was in ashran and ended up in a 1 vs 1 fight that i got the jump on, did the whole set-up diseases rope a dope, using up runes, etc.....dwarf hit his racial, removed all diseases, took less damage due to racial in conjunction with DK dmg reduc ability, turned the fight and won, it was close

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadKennedy View Post
    I am a gnome now, will be gnome in legion
    Same, my DK will be staying gnome:

The snare racial is especially useful in PVP IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Gnome will be the way to go for both warriors and dks, alliance that is.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't humans have a remade human spirit that gives 2% of every secondary stat (Mastery/Haste/Crit)?

Orly thats why like 99% of pvpers are human right now
    And 95% of these PVPers just copies their favorite pro PVPer...

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Don't humans have a remade human spirit that gives 2% of every secondary stat (Mastery/Haste/Crit)?
    Yeah, Blizzard just pissing in the faces of the people that were already complaining about every man for themselves.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Go gnome or go home!

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Yeah, Blizzard just pissing in the faces of the people that were already complaining about every man for themselves.
    Hmmm, seems reasonable (reasonable is not necessarily fair though) because human spirit used to give versatility. Now humans get a nerfed version of EMFH and a revised, better than all other stat-focused racials in game, HSpirit since Blizz would not want people to switch from humans or have many more go Horde for that berserk.

the thing is, will the stat bonuses certain races get that are passive work in pvp in legion since everything else doesn't i.e trinkets, enchants. everyone has a stat template so.

Every Man for Himself should only put your trinket on a 30 second cooldown (or at least it still does on the PTR anyways which I would imagine is the same as Beta) so it still seems pretty good.

I'm just really happy to be an Orc on my lock because I'm def going to take Relentless because having a 45% stun reduction just sounds too good to pass up. Its looking like nearly every mele still has a stun in legion and I'd almost never trinket anything but a stun anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    Every Man for Himself should only put your trinket on a 30 second cooldown (or at least it still does on the PTR anyways which I would imagine is the same as Beta) so it still seems pretty good.

I'm just really happy to be an Orc on my lock because I'm def going to take Relentless because having a 45% stun reduction just sounds too good to pass up. Its looking like nearly every mele still has a stun in legion and I'd almost never trinket anything but a stun anyways.

That's not the issue, Will of the Forsaken puts your trinket on 30 sec cd as well, it's pretty much the same thing except every man for himself now only breaks you out of stuns nothing else.

You do realize Every Man for Himself was buffed right? It has a 30 second cooldown for a stun break,and only puts your medallion on it's cooldown if used first. You can racial the first kidney shot, then 30 seconds later either racial it again, or medallion a different form of CC. Or take the CC reduction talent, or all sorts of things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the nerf to every man for himself (now only getting you out of stuns and shares CD with your pvp trinket talent), which alliance race would be the best? I was thinking gnome because of escape artist allowing you to get out of roots, nova etc and the extra runic power can be useful I guess. Dwarf isnt that great just stoneform, night elf has 1% crit and 1% haste depending on day or night but not sure if that goes into pvp stat templates and shadowmeld is meh.

This change is a buff,not a nerf. Stuns are the most dangerous cc in pvp since they dont break on dmg. Humans are going to be like having x2 medallion in Legion. Check a bit the qq from ppl on the forums about how OP is the new EMFH.

I don't care what anyone has to say, Shadowmeld is still the best racial ever.

Picture this: Beastmaster Hunter fighting a Mage or Warlock. He sends his pets to attack, and then *poof* shadowmelds. The enemy cannot target him, but his pets are now chewing on the enemies face?

Plus shadowmeld can dodge enemy spells, etc.

I am rolling a new hunter soon, and since all my characters are human, I was thinking doing my first night elf.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    You do realize Every Man for Himself was buffed right? It has a 30 second cooldown for a stun break,and only puts your medallion on it's cooldown if used first. You can racial the first kidney shot, then 30 seconds later either racial it again, or medallion a different form of CC. Or take the CC reduction talent, or all sorts of things.
    Honestly had to google to make sure this was actually the case... and it was... what the actual fuck? I was under the impression that they were removing it completely and buffing HSpirit to make up for it. Guess they're doing that but also giving them a better version of it... what?

30s cd sounds pretty insane. Classes that relies on stuns such as rogues or paladins are gonna be majorly screwed by this...