Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the video he wasn't resisting, nor reaching for the gun. If just carrying a gun, not resisting, not in hand and not reaching for it, is justification to be shot 6 times and killed then yikes. That would definitely make a person think twice about getting and carrying a concealed weapon. I really don't know how anyone could watch the video and defend what happened.

And btw since it was mentioned- while him being a felon with a gun is illegal, it still isn't justification for shooting him.

I have friends who are cops, and I still think the majority of cops are amazing and well-meaning people who are very underappreciated for everything they do. But it almost seems like the police have had a long-standing situation similar to what the Catholic church had with the sex abuse scandals. Meaning that the majority of priests did nothing wrong and were good people, but the church for w/e reason attracted and pulled in bad people who were attracted to the priest position of power. Likewise, there are people who at least IMO are racist who become cops for the power and things like this are the result. There are just too many examples for it to be isolated. It's maybe only a small % of the total cops and most are good, but there are a lot of bad ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Should be common sense that if a cop tells you to disarm, or to submit to arrest, that you should probably do it. Even if you've done nothing wrong, you stand to gain absolutely nothing by fleeing, evading or resisting arrest. You stand to lose your life.

Maybe some people are just stupid.
    When going over the thread I came across this post and something about it just didn't sit right. I read it a few more times before it hit me.

You're describing a mugging.

If you're being mugged, conventional wisdom dictates to not attempt to fight back, and to just give in and do everything they say, hoping they decide not to kill you. The only thing keeping you alive is your total obedience. You're at the gunman's total whim, your life is in their hands, and any false move could mean being gunned down where you stand.

And I think that's where a fundamental difference reveals itself. The people who are rallying against this tragedy believe that police officers should be held to a higher standard, and higher accountability, than an armed gunman.
    Last edited by javen; 2016-07-07 at 04:20 AM.

Why do they always resisting and never cooperate? Do they think if they shove cops around and shout stupid things the cops would get frightened and go away? Not only they escalate the situation verbally but they actively resisting after.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Why do they always resisting and never cooperate? Do they think if they shove cops around and shout stupid things the cops would get frightened and go away? Not only they escalate the situation verbally but they actively resisting after.
    So when the cops jump you and slam you to the ground and point a gun at you and tase you think you'll just be able to, what? Go limp?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So when the cops jump you and slam you to the ground and point a gun at you ...
    One should not escalate the situation until cops are "jumping you".

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    One should not escalate the situation until cops are "jumping you".
    That goes for the cops as well, who seem to have gone straight for maximum force application right out of the vehicle on this one.

don't resist arrest and shit like this won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not sure how the "he had a gun!" is supposed to square with people who are big on gun rights, in particular concealed carry.
    By the fact that he was on parole it was illegal for him to even have a gun so he absolutely wasn't concealed carry he was carrying illegally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    By the fact that he was on parole it was illegal for him to even have a gun so he absolutely wasn't concealed carry he was carrying illegally.
    Still doesn't justify him being shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    How does one struggle enough to get shot in both the back and the chest? Why is everybody just glossing over this?

Do you people understand what happens when a person is shot or do you get your bullet trauma lessons from CSI:Mars?

Am I the crazy one here? I've seen way too much shootings where I am from to not question that part of the story. And I have seen way too much shaky cam videos of people getting shot to believe that in a 5 second window, someone went from idle to shot in the back and in their chest.

Something is not right and I am going to wait on professional analysis of the crime scene before I attempt to guess exactly what happen in that 5 second window.
    if you watched the second video the shot in the back happened when the officer with hair was laying on his side with his firearm. The first shot to the chest came from the bald cop. Like I said no magic occurred.
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.

if the dummy cop put his knee on his neck to hold him down it would've been far more effective. Instead of training the police in America to be brutally effective fighters they teach them to be vicious killers. shoot to kill is their command.

I hope they go to jail. They could've easily subdued him if they simply knew how to grapple a little better.

Fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Still doesn't justify him being shot
    No that alone doesn't but the fact that he was resisting arrest when he had and gun on him and had his hand free made him a threat to both officers and those around him. having a gun on you while on parole could have meant another 10-20 years I'm not sure on the laws there but here we have a 10-20-life rule and that would be a guaranteed 10 and maybe even life depending on his priors so maybe he fought back because he had no intention of going back and was intending to use the gun. I dont like cops and I dont like violent criminals and I have no stake in either side here but imo the cops reacted accordingly. Either way the guy fucked up big time and now he's dead because of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The Twitter video. Right before they shot him they screamed out about him having a gun. And he was clearly resisting. The video was low quality and bad angle though, that's why I only said it was based on audio. Of course they will need a full investigation.

Just replace "They're coming right for us!" with "He's got a gun!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    if the dummy cop put his knee on his neck to hold him down it would've been far more effective. Instead of training the police in America to be brutally effective fighters they teach them to be vicious killers. shoot to kill is their command.

I hope they go to jail. They could've easily subdued him if they simply knew how to grapple a little better.

Fucking idiots.
    I wont argue that cops should be better trained and more physically fit but it's not like you have NFL linemen line up to be police officers so you end up with a lot of small stature cops that aren't able to grapple with guys 2x their size nor are they physically fit enough. Hell forget about them being trained to grapple most departments I know of only require cops to spend time on the range a few times a years to as little as just once a year so most of them aren't even very proficient with their firearms.

cold bloody murder, really hope they seek the death penalty on these criminals. and that is from someone that is against the death penalty but i can make an exception i guess when the criminal shows this disrespect for human life

Harsh but fair tbh

I dont see what the fuss is about.
    1. He's a convicted criminal, meaning cops are already more on the edge and should be as they know he is dangerous
    2. He's got a gun
    3. He is resisting arrest, and judging by the audio in the clip is reaching for his gun

Fair game, retards who can't even follow cops' orders and lie still shouldn't be given much leeway. I'd rather 10 criminals get shot in these situations than 1 cop who was too afraid gets killed in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    One thing I learnt in my three years as a bouncer is shit gets hectic in those situations no matter how many times it happens. Of course you won't know that sitting on your arse, typing away on a keyboard.

Nah man. It's easy to restrain a grown man. So long as there are two of you. Fuck adrenalin and actually being involved. It's easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Nah man. It's easy to restrain a grown man. So long as there are two of you. Fuck adrenalin and actually being involved. It's easy.
    I hope you are a cop or a security guard/crowd controller for that statement, or at least enough real life experience over years. If not you're just talking out your arse like the majority of people do. I worked with other guards who used to talk tough then run like bitches when there were problems, until you're in the middle of an altercation you have no idea just what its like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    I dont see what the fuss is about.
    1. He's a convicted criminal, meaning cops are already more on the edge and should be as they know he is dangerous
    2. He's got a gun
    3. He is resisting arrest, and judging by the audio in the clip is reaching for his gun

Fair game, retards who can't even follow cops' orders and lie still shouldn't be given much leeway. I'd rather 10 criminals get shot in these situations than 1 cop who was too afraid gets killed in return.
    This but it won't stop the George Soros puppets from protesting and making a big deal of it and disrupting the general public.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Seriously? If this guy was white, and with the rap sheet that he has people would happy he was off the streets. Oh, but no one is talking about that are they? They are only talking about how he was a loving father and what not. Also, why didn't he comply with the officers' orders? And you can't argue that what he was wasn't illegal either.

Source: http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-...acebook-watch/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Being a criminal is a good enough justification to be shot?

That was your initial statement.
    No, being a criminal is good enough justification to not care about him being killed... Did you care when they killed Osama bin Laden? Probably not, so why care about this trash? He was not cooperating, resisting arrest, and had a lethal weapon on him illegally. Had the officer not shot him then the story we might be reading today might be that of an officer being shot and killed by this man instead.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2016-07-07 at 08:18 AM.