Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    13G at this point isn't that rare. I don't live with google fiber optic, or anything, just slightly better than normal, maybe, and that's about where I'm at on my download.
    That's some kind of joke right.. Where do you live where buying 13Gb/s internet connections isn't rare? I can only assume you're mixing up Gigabit and Megabit

As an example the UK's fastest typical residential line is Virgin 200Mb/s... What you're talking about is more than 50x faster than that as normal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baunilha View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the bad thing is the downloading of 20gb, not the having 20gb stored in your drive part?
    What would you propose otherwise? Carrier pigeons laden with a USB? Fax? Telegram?

Deleted
    It's not actually 20gb. It's around 6gb. It overwrites a lot of the current data volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    That's some kind of joke right.. Where do you live where buying 13Gb/s internet connections isn't rare? I can only assume you're mixing up Gigabit and Megabit

As an example the UK's fastest typical residential line is Virgin 200Mb/s... What you're talking about is more than 50x faster than that as normal...
    There you said, British internet, which is complete garbage, south africa even has better and more reliable internet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of replacements, animations, new content, xmog system, etc. etc. etc. Previous expansions have always been large.

And I'm not sure why anyone would care nowadays. If you're hurting for 20GB space, you can get 3-4TB hard drives for under $100, and 1TB drives under $50. It's replacing files for the most part and not 20GB additional anyway. And 20GB in bandwidth isn't much either. Most people I know go through 300GB+ a month nowadays with streaming and stuff, for me 500GB+.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    There you said, British internet, which is complete garbage, south africa even has better and more reliable internet.
    I thought that sounded a bit like total bull shit so I checked last years average report

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nnection_speed

So why is it that on average the UK is 12th, and South Africa with its better internet is 46th. BTW SA is slower than the global average with just 1.7% of the population being on 15Mb/s+ internet in comparison to 28% in the UK..

Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    I saw the prepatch for Legion and seriously 20 GB...

blah blah blah
    Do you also cry online when you have to download a console game that is 60GB, then download the 20GB Day One patch for it to even be playable?

What is up with the complainers lately. Aren't you glad it's large? It means more stuff was added to the game...

Also, nice troll thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    A full Legion beta client is around 40GB, so expect your WoW folder to shrink to that size once the patch is actually applied and the cleanup routines are executed.

Deleted
    I saw the prepatch for Legion and seriously 20 GB for a tiny island? That makes wow 55 GB, and if they plan on releasing more expansions with that bad optimization it will go 100 gb in the next. I am not saying that i can't handle the game myself but this looks really bad and since WoW is played mostly by people with older PCs that can't handle the newer games it will bring an additional huge drop of subscriptions. 1 small island getting more space than the first 5 installments is a joke. Blizzard should stop aiming for new players and focus on not losing the current ones because starting WoW now is almost impossible for a new person i have seen it myself, they play for a few days and then quit.
    What the hell are you on about? Optimization? WHat? Game size has nothing to do with how well it runs... And how in the world would this mean people play it less? I've been playing WoW since its launch and I've had 3 computers in that time.

A new harddrive is really cheap. Stop acting like the games size is its doom.
    All new AAA games are easily between 20-50 GB's.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    AMG IT'S SO BIG!!!

ISN'T BIGGER BETTER as well (women and gays deffo agree :-P ) ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I thought that sounded a bit like total bull shit so I checked last years average report

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nnection_speed

So why is it that on average the UK is 12th, and South Africa with its better internet is 46th. BTW SA is slower than the global average with just 1.7% of the population being on 15Mb/s+ internet in comparison to 28% in the UK..
    Availability, I'd wager. And perhaps price and amount of providers.

WOW players may be the only players to ask for more content, and then cry when there's too much. The more GB, the more content and things being added. Besides, in this day and age of dirt cheap electronics... Who doesn't have 20 gb to spare? You can buy multiple TB external hard drives for the price of a single meal.

I find it utterly shocking if you don't have the space to fit 20gbs on.
    Try deleting your MLP episodes, Animoo and other crap that you have stored.
    It might fit on then.

Jokes aside, 20gb is really nothing and what's there to be complaining about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Shouldn't be a joke. Putting WoW on a SSD is fucking amazing.
    Agreed, I use a 480gb SSD for MMOs alone (currently has WoW, FFXIV, TERA, Blade and Soul, D3, HS, Guild Wars 2 on it).

Shit loads fast in each game!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

seriously 20 GB for a tiny island?
    I've seen a lot of dumb stuff around here, but I think this is my favorite.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    13G at this point isn't that rare. I don't live with google fiber optic, or anything, just slightly better than normal, maybe, and that's about where I'm at on my download.
    The highest my provider has is supposedly 2Gbps and that costs $400 per month and not to mention the thousands of dollars in startup fees.

13g?
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2016-07-07 at 01:06 PM.

The official requirements state 45gb of space as being required.
    Take that as a guide as to the total size of the install, after cleanup.
    More will be required during the update.

As has been stated, replacement files will come in the patch too, so the increased size will not most likely be reflected by the size of the patch.

Officially 200mb/s on mine in the UK.
    Getting around 7-16MB/s via powerline upstairs, depending on the client doing the updating.
    Battle.net client can reach the higher end of that.
    Steam does not generally.
    A world of difference though from ADSL through which I would get about 400KB/s.

If space is an issue, consider turning off the pre-download and doing a full install on the day as that shouldn't be requiring the extra space as much.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-07 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

20GB isn't really that bad by today's standards, especially for an MMO. I've downloaded games on Steam that aren't even MMOs and were 30+ GB.

Takes me a while with my shit download speed (6Mbps). I used to buy physical copies of WoW thinking I could avoid that, but then it's bigass patch time immediately after I install it anyway, so I don't really save a whole lot of time. I just go for downloads now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-07-07 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not saying that i can't handle the game myself but this looks really bad and since WoW is played mostly by people with older PCs that can't handle the newer games it will bring an additional huge drop of subscriptions.
    What you're saying is pure conjecture and 100% assumption. Go home, Mitsunari.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I have wow on ssd, as you know ssd are rather small when compared to normal drives, so yeah, when it comes to ssd, 20 GB can be a huge deal.
    I know this struggle too. I've been meaning to just get a big SSD at some point, but money is tight. I have a 128GB SSD for Windows 7 (and a couple of programs), a 256GB SSD for my games, and a 1TB mechanical drive for storage. I've had a few situations where I've needed to clear space on the games SSD and start thinking "Hm...I haven't played that game in forever, and it's 12GB...."
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-07-07 at 01:14 PM.

What i normally do is hit the level new cap and do whatever, then just before bed remove the game and leave it to redownload. This way i wake up to a fresh install thats taking less space. Then ill configure/download the addons again after a few more weeks. At the very minimum ill remove old junk files and reset addons by deleting wtf/addons folder. (prevent addon bugs)