Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I can't imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact they commit more crime therefore they encounter the police more.
    I'm still curious why people ignore parts of the data like this.

I get it, people feel bad for black people. Yes they have gotten the short end of the stick, but just willfully ignoring stuff like this makes me that less empathetic. That and the fact that blacks kill more blacks, yet somehow we have a huge white vs. black violence problem.

Almost all of the black friends I have don't want anything to do with the shit part of their culture (edit: or I should clarify, sub-culture). Its almost as if guilty white people care more about blacks than blacks do. lol
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-07-07 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega View Post
    Music and culture can influence each other to some degree, but music is much more influenced by culture than the opposite.
    I would say it is a little more complicated than that. Music may start with culture, that is true. That is where the initial content comes from. But then the music can spread that culture to farther reaches than the people who originated that culture were able to. The music causes a ripple across a large span. It will also 'romanticize' it as well. Those living in the place where the culture began may have a story to tell, which they do so through music. But then as it reaches farther and farther, and more and more people hear it, it can get distorted, or blown out of proportion.

It's sort of like a game of Telephone. The message starts verbatim, but then as more and more people hear it and pass it along, having their own interpretations, the message at the end isn't exactly the same as it was at the beginning.

This can be seen pretty easily on the Internet. A story may come out, but then the court of public opinion will start spins on the story through sheer speculation. Some will start to believe the speculation to be part of the facts, which distorts then entire story.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Not in normal countries.

That seems like a norm to some people, but for someone that has never been to US, this is fucked up on epic proportions. I can't even comprehend how such action could be a norm in civilized society.
    They are trained to do that in Japan which I can guarantee you has a lower crime rate than where ever you are from.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I can't imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact they commit more crime therefore they encounter the police more.
    Encountering the police shouldn't be a death sentence. I've been stopped by the police several times in my life and not once did I ever feel in any sort of danger.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You do know that there are 5 times more white people than black people in the US, right? There are 5 times as many whites as blacks but black people are more than 3 times more likely to be killed by a police officer.
    You said they don't drive through white neighborhoods and kill people. Explain all those white people killed by police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The police officer was Chinese so don't even try to play the race card on this one.
    I don't think it works the way you think it works. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You said they don't drive through white neighborhoods and kill people. Explain all those white people killed by police.
    You mean the white people killed at an absurdly disproportionate rate to black people? Those white people?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Encountering the police shouldn't be a death sentence. I've been stopped by the police several times in my life and not once did I ever feel in any sort of danger.
    No it shouldn't be, which is why I want to see the front half of this video. Until then he's just another thug that tried to reach for his gun and got shot. I doubt you reached for your gun when you got pulled over by the police.

You mean the white people killed at an absurdly disproportionate rate to black people? Those white people?
    We're not talking about proportional rates. You said they don't drive through white neighborhoods shooting people.

Except, they do. And more often than they kill blacks. How do you explain that, considering what you said earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm not defending anyone here - but I want to say something: Once, in my life, and about 9 years ago, I was arrested for being a total dumbass. I complied with the officers commands to the letter, because - you know - I fucked up (I doubled the speed limit being a total dumbass). So, totally not the same situation, and I won't go into detail here but I want to say this really:

I cannot wait for the day to come, where police officers are so hard to find, and criminals run rampant in the streets because of all of the shit that's going on with the media, etc. Everyone shows certain race cards, and only things that show TRIGGERED type content, nobody shows some white guy being gunned down on camera - because you know - that's totally ok when police do that...

I just want this double edged sword bullshit to stop, and everyone understand that shit like this does happen sadly, and I'm sure that officer will be in deep shit for doing it.

Black people are doing a heck of a good job killing themselves. Also have to remember. Being poor and living in poor neighborhoods means your going to have a higher crime rate. Means more run ins with police which means more chances to get shot in killed because your resisting arrest. Theres poor people of all races in america but blacks might be #1. So alot of these black people getting shot are criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Except that, if we take his girl's story into account, they were being pulled over for a broken tailight. Nobody was being detained.

If they were being pulled over for a tailight, asking for ID, registration, and proof of insurance is the FIRST thing cops ask you to do.

This is why black people don't carry, BTW.
    I have a buddy (huge black guy), here in Austin TX that has his concealed carry license. He was pulled over for not using his turn signal, He let the police officer know out of the gate that He has a concealed carry license, showed the officer, the officer asked what type of gun it was because He was just chit chatting - The police officer let him go with a warning.

Now this is fucking Nice Austin TX, this isn't some armpit of america city that has race bullshit constantly.. this is a city where people care about each other, and know the difference between good and bad people.

You can carry, I just PERSONALLY wouldn't make any sudden moves (this goes for any race), in front of a cop.. if you want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I would say it is a little more complicated than that. Music may start with culture, that is true. That is where the initial content comes from. But then the music can spread that culture to farther reaches than the people who originated that culture were able to. The music causes a ripple across a large span. It will also 'romanticize' it as well. Those living in the place where the culture began may have a story to tell, which they do so through music. But then as it reaches farther and farther, and more and more people hear it, it can get distorted, or blown out of proportion.

It's sort of like a game of Telephone. The message starts verbatim, but then as more and more people hear it and pass it along, having their own interpretations, the message at the end isn't exactly the same as it was at the beginning.

This can be seen pretty easily on the Internet. A story may come out, but then the court of public opinion will start spins on the story through sheer speculation. Some will start to believe the speculation to be part of the facts, which distorts then entire story.
    Sure, but the point remains, the music is largely a product of the culture, any reasonable person isn't gonna choose the thug life after listening to a few tracks of NWA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    You have PLENTY of time to get out your wallet and registration before the cop even gets out of his vehicle. Its a traffic stop.

If you are carrying/concealed. You have your (both) license and registration out before the cop even gets to the window. You keep your fucking hands on the steering wheel the ENTIRE time, from that point forward.

If asked if you are carrying, you say: "Yes. Its on my right/left side." If not asked, you calmly state that you have a concealed carry. You STILL do not reach for anything. The cop will then ask you out of the vehicle and disarm you.

Ive been pulled over many times. Ive been disarmed many times. Ive been in vehicles were the driver was Black, White, and Mexican. I have NEVER once had or seen a cop walk up to the window with his gun already drawn.

EDIT: Ok, so this guy wasnt even driving. Why the fuck is he reaching for anything at all?
    It's unbelievable how so many people don't have a clue of how to deal with the police. So many criminals are psychos carrying guns that you should do absolutely nothing that even resembles reaching for a gun. I don't even live in the US, and our cops are not known for being too triggerhappy (I think we have the least shooting incidents involving cops in the world), and still I wouldn't give them the slightest reason to take me as a potential threat, simply out of respect for them doing a very important job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    We're not talking about proportional rates. You said they don't drive through white neighborhoods shooting people.

Except, they do. And more often than they kill blacks. How do you explain that, considering what you said earlier?
    Again, you're being an idiot. They kill black people 3.5x more often than white people. Yes, white people get killed by the police, we get it. Nobody claimed otherwise. But to pretend there isn't some kind of crazy disparity is idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Black people are doing a heck of a good job killing themselves. Also have to remember. Being poor and living in poor neighborhoods means your going to have a higher crime rate. Means more run ins with police which means more chances to get shot in killed because your resisting arrest. Theres poor people of all races in america but blacks might be #1. So alot of these black people getting shot are criminals.
    So because black people kill each other and live in poor neighborhoods, it's not a problem when they are murdered in cold blood by the police?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    You have PLENTY of time to get out your wallet and registration before the cop even gets out of his vehicle. Its a traffic stop.

If you are carrying/concealed. You have your (both) license and registration out before the cop even gets to the window. You keep your fucking hands on the steering wheel the ENTIRE time, from that point forward.

If asked if you are carrying, you say: "Yes. Its on my right/left side." If not asked, you calmly state that you have a concealed carry. You STILL do not reach for anything. The cop will then ask you out of the vehicle and disarm you.

Ive been pulled over many times. Ive been disarmed many times. Ive been in vehicles were the driver was Black, White, and Mexican. I have NEVER once had or seen a cop walk up to the window with his gun already drawn.

EDIT: Ok, so this guy wasnt even driving. Why the fuck is he reaching for anything at all?
    So glad I live in area where I don't have to be terrified of the police....
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-07-07 at 04:23 PM. Reason: love = live
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So glad I love in area where I don't have to be terrified of the police....
    Yeah so long as you're not doin your lovin' in public you're fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I think there is quite the margin between none at all and directly inspiring violent criminal behaviour.
    There is also quite a difference on how much it affects one person or another. There are more than enough wanna-be gangsters that did something they shouldn't have because of that kind of "culture".
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-07 at 04:26 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega View Post
    Yeah so long as you're not doin your lovin' in public you're fine.
    Eh, could probably get away with that too, just a slap on the wrist if anything.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The police officer was Chinese so don't even try to play the race card on this one.
    Except the "race card" issue is not with the race of the police officers, it's not about white officers killing black men. It's about police killing innocent people period.

Innocent people are killed by black officers every day, the race of the offending officer makes no difference. They are trigger happy murderers plain and simple

These officers are the same people who fight for open and concealed carry so they can have a reason to murder people.