Possible to maintain Fury/Arms Artifact Weapons at the same time?

Hey guys, I've been completely out of touch with whats going on with Legion. I dont even know how we gain more artifact power for the weapons.
    I was just wondering, in WoD I would switch between the two specs quite often, depending on the raid and fight.
    I was curious whether or not, with the introduction of the artifact weapons, if this would be difficult to achieve?
    Is it possible to maintain balance between two artifact weapons, or will I be gimping myself in both trees if I try to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Absolutly not. Expect about 3-4+ months to max out one, and then half or so amount of time to then max out the second. Most efficient method for time is maxing one. End game is based on having maxed weapons.

This is assuming you do dailies and dungeons daily.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

If you no life for the first 2 weeks you can get 2 artifacts to a somewhat reasonable level, though you can't avoid falling behind on your efforts towards your primary choice if you split it in half.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you no life for the first 2 weeks you can get 2 artifacts to a somewhat reasonable level, though you can't avoid falling behind on your efforts towards your primary choice if you split it in half.
    I wouldn't say this is true anymore. They changed the tuning like 4 weeks ago?

In 22 days I've been able to get 20 traits in my fury weapon and 18 in my arms weapon. Ditching the 18 points in arms would have gotten me maybe 2 more traits for Fury? The new tuning really works out pretty well for two weapons. A third weapon though? That will take some effort.

I've gone pretty hard on world quests, and hit honored with Suramar, and done my daily heroic almost every day. No mythics or mythic+, no raid finder or any of that shit. It's not too bad.

If you go hard as fuck, I bet you could have 3 gold traits in your primary weapon and two in your offspec by the first week of Mythic.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-07-03 at 10:34 PM.

I see...this is unfortunate indeed. Looks like I'll just have to choose one spec x_x
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Absolutly not. Expect about 3-4+ months to max out one, and then half or so amount of time to then max out the second. Most efficient method for time is maxing one. End game is based on having maxed weapons.

This is assuming you do dailies and dungeons daily.
    Not completely true, you can maintain two, but you won't do so evenly.

It's set up so that there are certain breakpoints in AP, for example 13 points (6,360 some power) being the first, in which it requires more AP to put in a 14th point than it does to put 13 points into a second artifact. This allows you to balance between the two with a relatively small loss in efficiency for the first.

While this might sound like a raw deal, because each point in artifact power gives stamina scaling, it's can become important for those who feel the need to play more than one spec. Artifact Knowledge also comes into play - while it may have taken you 3 days to get the 13 points/6k power for your first artifact, after a few points of knowledge kick in, that amount can be gathered in a day or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not completely true, you can maintain two, but you won't do so evenly.

It's set up so that there are certain breakpoints in AP, for example 13 points (6,360 some power) being the first, in which it requires more AP to put in a 14th point than it does to put 13 points into a second artifact. This allows you to balance between the two with a relatively small loss in efficiency for the first.

While this might sound like a raw deal, because each point in artifact power gives stamina scaling, it's can become important for those who feel the need to play more than one spec. Artifact Knowledge also comes into play - while it may have taken you 3 days to get the 13 points/6k power for your first artifact, after a few points of knowledge kick in, that amount can be gathered in a day or less.
    Oh I know of that, but you unlock higher levels of artifact knowledge by having a higher level weapon right? And ultimately end game is built around having a maxed artifact. While you can maintain two at near equal value, you'll ultimately just end up with two gimped specs over one workable spec and one useless.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    While you can maintain two at near equal value, you'll ultimately just end up with two gimped specs over one workable spec and one useless.
    That's... extremely worrying considering it's a very common occurrence in WoW to for players to pick a spec at the start of an expansion just to discover a tier or two down the line that it isn't endgame viable and they have to change spec.

If it goes live like this then I get the feeling Blizzard will receive a lot of rage when Iceman gets benched because Fireblaster picked the correct artifact several months earlier, etc

*Edit*

Why does chrome think artifact should be spelled artefact? O.o

*Edit edit*

Turns out it's because I've never seen the British spelling before (it's not exactly a common word).
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-07-03 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That's... extremely worrying considering it's a very common occurrence in WoW to for players to pick a spec at the start of an expansion just to discover a tier or two down the line that it isn't endgame viable and they have to change spec.
    You'll be able to get two artifacts to 35 traits in 2.5-3 months probably. Not one artifact, two.

Oh I know of that, but you unlock higher levels of artifact knowledge by having a higher level weapon right? And ultimately end game is built around having a maxed artifact. While you can maintain two at near equal value, you'll ultimately just end up with two gimped specs over one workable spec and one useless.
    No. Artifact Knowledge is periodically time gated after reaching 110, it has nothing to do with the amount of points or power invested in your weapon. Keep in mind that artifact knowledge also applies to all weapons, not just the primary one.

Yes, by investing points in more than one spec, you gimp one to reinforce the other, but done right, the loss is minor (as I said before, 14th traits in one is equal in amount of power to 13 traits in two). This means that the loss for one is minor, but the gain for the other is major.

Obviously it's not worth doing if you only intend to play one spec, but if you intend to play more than one spec seriously, you'll want to do it for the stamina gain alone.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    You'll be able to get two artifacts to 35 traits in 2.5-3 months probably. Not one artifact, two.
    Good to hear

so what you're saying is if I max fury weapon for pvp, but keep prot for a minimum for tanking purpose in heroic dungeon, i'm gonna have a bad time?

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    so what you're saying is if I max fury weapon for pvp, but keep prot for a minimum for tanking purpose in heroic dungeon, i'm gonna have a bad time?
    Depends what you consider "a bad time", your prot set will certainly be weaker due to having less bonuses, and you'll have less stamina due to less trait investment. If all you're doing is heroics though, that might not matter to you.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mehhh, that's my plan, too. Maxing Fury for raiding and PvP and offspec tank for heroics. Maybe i have to rethink this.
    Maybe make my way straight to the 3 big Traits in Fury and then spend some points in Prot?
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Mehhh, that's my plan, too. Maxing Fury for raiding and PvP and offspec tank for heroics. Maybe i have to rethink this.
    Maybe make my way straight to the 3 big Traits in Fury and then spend some points in Prot?
    If you want to do both, you're best to maximize the breakpoints (first at 13). Grabbing the '3 big traits' in Fury will require considerable investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Please note there is 54 points in an artifact weapon (20 of them being pure % damage inscrease when you unlocked the first 34 ones)

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So you would say going for
    Fury: "Unstoppable" -> "Rage of Valarjar" (just 11 traits, 4625 AP)
    and then
    Prot: "Vrykul Shield Training" ->"Scales of Earth" (12 traits, 5500 AP)
    is the best way if you want to use your points? (At least in my opinion, without beta testing and just reading the traits, this would be the best trait choice, early on)
    Or do you still use 13 points as this is the first AP breakpoint?
    After that going full into Fury?

But as i said, Prot i just my offspec which i will mostly use for heroics to get ready for the raid. Later on in the addon i might play prot as backup tank in raid but early on this will be very unlikely. Is it really worth it to use those 5500 Artifact Power in Prot. I mean it's not a lot compared to the amount of points you need for the later traits. So maybe with mythic(+) Inis opened next to the raid, this might be a good thing to do as it doesn't cost you to much.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A