Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    yes, yes, yes... removing all of our guns would solve all the problems. ya that's the answer!!
    I like the part where he said over 500 blacks were killed, without giving any context. Is he saying all 500 were murdered in cold blood?

Does he count the shooter in this story, you know, the one who murdered 5 police officers, as one of those 500?

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    And I would argue that that is exactly the intent their training is trying to encourage - to murder without fear of consequence in order to strike fear of the state apparatus into the population. If that was not the intent, why then does this type of training and increasing militarization continue to be used? The people making the decisions certainly are aware of the outcomes of their policies, since we've had years of results to examine.

In fact, instead of improving their training regimens, many depts. have only doubled down on their aggressive policies with further militarization of civilian forces.
    I am sorry, but that is a conspiracy theory even the craziest 9/11 truthers wouldnt jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    The USA, for a country that is leading the world in so many fields is also an example of or savagery resembling the middle ages.
    Is this a civilised country?

the worse divide between the rich and the poor in the western world.
    the worse access to health care in the western world.
    despicable racism.
    the worse access to education in the western world.
    the worse number of people living in poverty in the western world
    the worse number of death in the western world outside of war.

yeah, hold on to your guns, they are not the problem (sarcasm for those that cant read it).

RIP all those that died, the over 500 blacks killed by the police this year, the 2 guys that got executed this week and the poor police that lost their lives.

What a sad state of affair.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c590f7e7fb17

Based on that gross overstatement (lie?), I can now disregard the rest of your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Militarization of police is one thing, but if you're a cop and you're trying to keep the peace you can't give off the impression that you're a weakling who is scared of confrontation...
    Which can be done without using military weaponry and tactics. Standard police procedure was sufficient for decades in the past, and nothing has changed to justify the increasingly violent and out-of-control response of the police.

I get and agree that Black Lives Matter but then again so do Asian, Hispanic, Caucasian, etc. The heart behind BLM is good and honourable but the outcomes are not desirable. The black lives matter campaign is divisive and destructive. It is creating sides which is creating opposition and fear. BLM has caused people to dig in and only promote their own which is causing more death on both sides. It's not any better than racism as they both use skin colour to promote segregation. We see the blue lives matter has arisen and people think they have to choose which side they are on. I refuse to pick sides. Rather if they just simply changed it to an all encompassing ALL LIVES MATTER campaign it would draw people together and would accomplish much more as all people groups would be involved. We could then fight against injustices together. It's not only one race that is racist neither is it a whole race. An "ALL LIVES MATTER" movement would promote peace and unity instead of hate, division and violence.

There is a hidden agenda behind all of this the elite and media push this hard and people get behind it without question because it looks noble up front..It will only cause more violence and anarchy leading down a destructive path.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I like the part where he said over 500 blacks were killed, without giving any context. Is he saying all 500 were murdered in cold blood?

Does he count the shooter in this story, you know, the one who murdered 5 police officers, as one of those 500?
    I would ask them how Paris turned out last year, in response to their sarcasm about firearms, but it might be soon for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    400 officer involved deaths annually, 60% of which are of whites, thats just not a lot when taken with the whole.
    Actual number is close to triple that.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Black people can observe their brothers being murdered by white police officers, without any consequences.

* Is it really that strange that black people react?

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Black people can observe their brothers being murdered by white police officers, without any consequences.

* Is it really that strange that black people react?
    I would venture to say yes, murdering someone who probably had nothing to do with what happened to their "brothers" is a strange way to react.

How is this even a question?

Also, this line of thought it somewhat odd considering blacks kill more black people than anyone else. By your logic, shouldn't they... I guess kill some more of themselves?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I'm assuming this thread has come full circle by now where its the cops fault they got murdered.

I could be wrong, but I'm not reading all this garbage.
    No, but I am curious, if it will also become another 2nd amendment debate.

After all if the rhetoric is true, that its there to respond to tyranny from the State, theoretically the shooter(s) were appropriately applying it as they felt a sense of tyranny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I am sorry, but that is a conspiracy theory even the craziest 9/11 truthers wouldnt jump on.
    It isn't a "theory" when evidence of the results is clearly right in front of you. Unless you have a better reason for the increased violence and militarization of the police in the last 10 years or so?

Wait, I know...turrrurr...terra...turrurrism! That's it! John Q. Public is now assumed to be a turrurrist. We're ALL turrurrists now and the cops gotta protect us all from ourselves...except the problem with that is the 9/11 hijackers were said to be filthy Ay-rabs, not red-blooded Murikuns from Paducah.

Yeah right. However, one might have sense enough to realize that with the worsening economic conditions of most Americans, the cops are ready to put down any protests and uprisings that may challenge the status quo in any way they deem necessary. Striking fear of the state into the average citizen by these police killings goes a long way toward stifling dissent.

And you just pulled a hypothetical from the twisting nether that has no bearing on the stats from the article. Pretty easy to see that cops simply don't get tried or convicted at anywhere near the general rate. Anyone can try to spin that like a top but the evidence is there, which 95% of the public already knows anecdotally.
    It directly proves that the statistics you provided don't show what you want them to show.

Saying the police get convicted less often than the general population, without considering factors that could skew the results without proving corruption is a pretty blatant bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

It isn't a "theory" when evidence of the results is clearly right in front of you. Unless you have a better reason for the increased violence and militarization of the police in the last 10 years or so?

Wait, I know...turrrurr...terra...turrurrism! That's it! John Q. Public is now assumed to be a turrurrist. We're ALL turrurrists now and the cops gotta protect us all from ourselves...except the problem with that is the 9/11 hijackers were said to be filthy Ay-rabs, not red-blooded Murikuns from Paducah.

Yeah right. However, one might have sense enough to realize that with the worsening economic conditions of most Americans, the cops are ready to put down any protests and uprisings that may challenge the status quo in any way they deem necessary. Striking fear of the state into the average citizen by these police killings goes a long way toward stifling dissent.
    You have no evidence that they are purposefully under training Cadets for the sole purpose to murder Blacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Is it?
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/n...gs-us-database

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yeh, ok, I got my figure from a 2012(I think, old either way) we are roughly 2 times higher than that.

Still, thats not a lot out of 300 million.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh, ok, I got my figure from a 2012(I think, old either way) we are roughly 2 times higher than that.

Still, thats not a lot out of 300 million.
    Also, considering the hundreds of thousands of Police interactions each year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It directly proves that the statistics you provided don't show what you want them to show.

Saying the police get convicted less often than the general population, without considering factors that could skew the results without proving corruption is a pretty blatant bias.
    Without considering factors that might "skew" the results? Like what...which pencil the statistician was using on a given day? The results are clear and obvious, and "corruption" doesn't have to be specifically proven in many cases to make a cop guilty of other wrongdoing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    You have no evidence that they are purposefully under training Cadets for the sole purpose to murder Blacks.
    Nowhere did I mention blacks specifically or exclusively. That's something you just invented.

Nowhere did I mention blacks specifically or exclusively.
    You have no evidence that they are purposefully under training Cadets for the sole purpose to murder citizens.

There...I fixed it.

i am not a scientist but lazy theory on why the cops are not charged or convicted as frequently as the general population

they don't commit as many crimes
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

There are sites that show how many people are killed by police(they include all information about what race, gender, etc..). Not all of them are black, and he doesn't even try to discern race. He's clearly biased and irrational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    The USA, for a country that is leading the world in so many fields is also an example of or savagery resembling the middle ages.
    Is this a civilised country?

the worse divide between the rich and the poor in the western world.
    the worse access to health care in the western world.
    despicable racism.
    the worse access to education in the western world.
    the worse number of people living in poverty in the western world
    the worse number of death in the western world outside of war.

yeah, hold on to your guns, they are not the problem (sarcasm for those that cant read it).

RIP all those that died, the over 500 blacks killed by the police this year, the 2 guys that got executed this week and the poor police that lost their lives.

What a sad state of affair.
    You can not sit over there in Europe and say "despicable racism"

The USA has race concerns that are voiced whereas many European countries have race issues that are ignored and a minority that is largely invisible and has no voice. Here minorities do have voices and they do have positions in government, something many European countries consistently struggle with.

The USA may talk about racism a lot, but the very fact we TALK about it at all is what puts us ahead when it comes to race relations than most other countries who pretend they have no problems because it's awfully quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i am not a scientist but lazy theory on why the cops are not charged or convicted as frequently as the general population

they don't commit as many crimes
    Well the more complex answer is: qualified immunity.

In a nut shell, without qualified immunity no one would take the job.

The concept is a solid idea, however even I believe its applied a little too liberally now a days.