Artifact Knowledge level 20: 9000%
    Artifact Knowledge level 21: 11300%
    Artifact Knowledge level 22: 14200%
    Artifact Knowledge level 23: 17800%
    Artifact Knowledge level 24: 22300%
    Artifact Knowledge level 25: 24900%
    Taken from game files - ArtifactCategory.db2, CurvePoint.db2

Deleted
    Graph updated based on the latest (proven?) results.

- - - Updated - - -

Math is weird. If you zoom in up to 15 it seems like the first few go much slower but much faster after 6. When you look at the graph full force it seems "slow" up to around 15.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-07-08 at 09:08 PM.

Odd that there is such a drop-off at level 25, but i guess they really wanted to reach the 250x (100% + 24900%) multiplier as a final value.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the OP reflecting Shauren's post. Thanks for the information.

Deleted
    It does look like an exponential function (-partly based).

Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-07-08 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Odd that there is such a drop-off at level 25, but i guess they really wanted to reach the 250x (100% + 24900%) multiplier as a final value.
    The raw data was not stored in percentage increases like that but as a multiplier, being 1 at level 0 and 250 at level 25
    I simply applied (X - 1) * 100 for the post formatting since that is what you can see ingame
    Last edited by Shauren; 2016-07-08 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It does look like an exponential function (-partly based).

Its roughly similar to y = 1.25^x, but then rounded to nice even values. From the values, it seems like they rounded the previous value and then applied the 25% increase on top of that rounded value. At least that gives values closer to the datamined values.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    The raw data was not stored in percentage increases like that but as a multiplier, being 1 at level 0 and 250 at level 25
    I simply applied (X - 1) * 100 for the post formatting since that is what you can see ingame
    Makes sense.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-07-08 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Even if I remove the last result, excel doesn't find a very sane exponential formula, and it is slightly off at the end but it is the closest with the automatic functions it has.

The apparent conclusion here is that it will be fairly easy to max out your primary artifact traits as you get close to level 25, even across your alternate artifact specs, but... it's going take a long ass time to fill up your secondary traits across all of them. Which I suppose is working as designed.

EDIT: The specific reason I say this is that the secondary artifact traits don't seem to increase at the same rate as the primary traits, but just cost a lot. So for example, the difference in cost between primary artifact level 14 to 24 is 6840 -> 82500, which is an increase of 12x. Similarly, going from level 24 to 34 (the max primary trait) is 82500 -> 1245840, or an increase of 15x. On the other hand, going from the first secondary trait to the last one (level 20) is 1,635,200 to 4,605,000, or a difference of only 2.8x.

So it seems like they tuned so that Artifact Knowledge helps you to get to the max level pretty easily if you wait long enough, but then you just grind the rest of it out.
    Last edited by Krom2040; 2016-07-08 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    So it seems like they tuned so that Artifact Knowledge helps you to get to the max level pretty easily if you wait long enough, but then you just grind the rest of it out.
    Your conclusion seems slightly odd. Rank 34 costs a somewhat similar amount as Rank 1 of the bonus levels, so if anything it gets easier at that point because the curve flattens substantially?

It all depends how long Artifact Knowledge takes to get to 25, compared to the Artifact getting to 34 traits.

http://i.imgur.com/wISmxm4.jpg?1

If you take kib's spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Lv0/edit#gid=0) and change to these mined values, you get the dates set above at one artifact knowledge every 5 days.

So if artifact knowledge stays at once per 5 days (it won't), it will take 194 days to get all 54 points.

I'd expect to have a 54/54 artifact before the second raid tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    TLDR: Get all your damn alts to 110 and farm the 500 resources every 5 days to at least keep your artifact research rolling.
    or wait for awhile on them till the Artifact researc his reduced, as the farhter the farthest perso nis ahead of you, the faster your research is

(example, not exact to what it is ingame)
    the farthest person has 25, the max (and well ALOT of people would)
    you start at 0
    1-5=1 day
    6-10=2 day
    11-15=3 day
    16-20=4 day
    21-25=5 day

but lets say the highest is 15 this time and you start at 0
    1-5= 3 day
    6-10= 4 day
    11-15=5 day
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Once more proof that if you want to play alts, your best option is to powerlevel them in the first month of the expansion, then just leave them beyond the occasional class hall world quest to get resources to keep the research grind going. Once at 25 they can get 3 gold traits in a day per artifact.
    You don't even necessarily need to do that. Artifact Knowledge research gets faster the further you are "behind". So if you start your alt after a few months, you can do the research work orders every day to catch up, instead of doing them every 5 days.

Powerleveling them right away and keeping the work orders running will still put you further ahead, but not quite as much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/wISmxm4.jpg?1

If you take kib's spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Lv0/edit#gid=0) and change to these mined values, you get the dates set above at one artifact knowledge every 5 days.

So if artifact knowledge stays at once per 5 days (it won't), it will take 194 days to get all 54 points.

I'd expect to have a 54/54 artifact before the second raid tier.
    if your doing your research every 5 days, it will stay 5 days, the time to get artifact power only goes down if you fall behind

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if your doing your research every 5 days, it will stay 5 days, the time to get artifact power only goes down if you fall behind

"Research starts at 5 days per work order. As time goes on after, this automatically gets faster for everyone."

They said this in the most recent Q&A. I've heard other people say what you're saying, just never seen a source for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Research starts at 5 days per work order. As time goes on after, this automatically gets faster for everyone."

They said this in the most recent Q&A. I've heard other people say what you're saying, just never seen a source for it.
    thats only if you fall behind... as they said "we will tell how long the expansion has been out, and how much research you could have done in that time, and if your below that, the amount of time will be reduced to keep you somewhat caught up"

also they litterally said that during the QnA that it would only be reduced if you fell behind... people at 0 would need 1 day, but those people in the 20s would still need 5 days

and you can see this on the beta, i was 1 day till i reached 10, and now i need 2 days

- - - Updated - - -

except your picking apart things let me go get the exact moment for you... as your qouting just off the mmo champ write up, and not whats actuallty said in the video...

and you can see this on the beta, i was 1 day till i reached 10, and now i need 2 days

People who have been on beta since beta was released are at one day per research right now.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. Just reading what was posted. Sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    People who have been on beta since beta was released are at one day per research right now.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. Just reading what was posted. Sorry.
    31:00 watch the ffing video... >_> https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/76762145?t=31m01s

also dont lie cause mine takes 4 days right now on the beta at 11, because it hasent been up long enough for people to reach 25 yet, as that takes 125 days and well the beta has not been up that long yet... (was looking at remaining time not full time)

but you have to remember, a short summery, or somone who is on the beta, seen it first hand, and watched the video?

also where did you get that "people on beta have 1 day" fact? cause its 100% false

1-5 was 1 day for me 5-10 was about 3 days, im now on 11 and its taking 4 days
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-08 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    For anyone interested here is how he calculated it, with full extracted data.

I'm not sure if the 4 digit numbers have a special meaning.

Actually that's not the full data, the table has much more in it that make little sense at first glance. They could be related to the length of the research or other though.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-07-08 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    31:00 watch the ffing video... >_> https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/76762145?t=31m01s

also dont lie cause mine takes 4 days right now on the beta at 11, because it hasent been up long enough for people to reach 25 yet, as that takes 125 days and well the beta has not been up that long yet... (was looking at remaining time not full time)

but you have to remember, a short summery, or somone who is on the beta, seen it first hand, and watched the video?

also where did you get that "people on beta have 1 day" fact? cause its 100% false

1-5 was 1 day for me 5-10 was about 3 days, im now on 11 and its taking 4 days
    I´m on beta and it´s taking me 48 hours for each research. Lvl 11 now.