Thread: Civilization VI

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Hoping someone mods in Finland for VI as well, as it's in a mod for V. Although, would be nice to get a whole bunch of smaller nations in a DLC or something.

Found a video (series) of someone playing Finland in V:

Mannerheim, ski troops and sauna seem about right, although in VI there'd be something else as well if I'm not mistaken.
    The Civ series really is a goldmine for DLC opportunities, there are hundreds of small countries that could be added through DLC. The best part would be how cheap the DLC would be to produce, a few animations, some voice acting, and some unit reskins here and there. Shame Civ V had so little, they could make more Wonders, more Civs, more natural resources, etc. and I would buy all of em.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    it's because that's how France likes to think of themselves. Their wars were really just them spreading their culture.
    I guess, but a Domination france would work so much better...

Like if (In Civ 5) The unique unit Musketeer could be kept, their unique ability would be replaced with the ability for post-industrial military units to build trenches (similar to Roman Legions building roads) and the Chateau would be replaced with another improvement, the aforementioned trench (also buildable by workers, for defense). They could even change up the leader, cause Napoleon is getting kind of cliché. Someone like Clovis I or Louis XVI.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone give a TL;DR of what makes Civ 6 different from Civ 5 on a higher level? Beyond Earth took such an interesting concept and bombed with it so I'm skeptical of dropping 60$ on a Civ title before it's had all its DLC/expansion content released.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Anyone give a TL;DR of what makes Civ 6 different from Civ 5 on a higher level? Beyond Earth took such an interesting concept and bombed with it so I'm skeptical of dropping 60$ on a Civ title before it's had all its DLC/expansion content released.
    - Diplomacy has been overhauled, with personalities given to each AI. Egypt prefers other civs that field large armies, for example. They haven't gone into a lot of detail yet, but it's supposed to be a lot more dynamic.
    - The "quest system" is now used for technology instead of city states. For example, building a city on a coast will award a bonus to naval technologies. It's intent is that it'll make games more varied, with your progression and advancement influenced by what you do and where.
    - Social policies are now unlocks rather than a progression tree. You unlock "cards" which are militaristic, economical, diplomatic, 'wild cards' etc. Different government types offer different slots for you to place the cards. Later government types offer more slots.
    - Cities now spread out over multiple hexes, with "districts" that can be attacked separately from the city itself.
    - Workers are now consumed after use. No more constantly micromanaging them when you don't need them, and having them consume maintenance.
    - Combat has changed. It's still 1 unit per tile, but a lot of 'support' units (Anti-air, artillery, etc.) are now attached to other units to create combined armed units.
    - City states now require envoys or diplomats that you increase over time, unlocking new objectives that offer larger rewards. You don't simply buy them out with gold anymore.
    - The diplomatic victory condition has been scrapped for a new victory that hasn't been revealed yet.
    - Roads are formed automatically by trade routes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The had me at: "Sean Bean narrates a hope filled trailer about the nature of humanity and ever expanding progress of our lives" Really they had me at: "Sean Bean narrates..."

But for real, Sean Bean could sell me Sean Bean's Baked Beans and I'd never touch a can of Bush's again. Morgan Freeman who? Sean Bean, that's who.
    Yep he's got my vote.

Wait, that wasn't a campaign ad?

TAKE MY MONEY!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Hmmm I don't know, maybe I project my gloomy mood onto this, but after seeing the 2 little trailers there I can't help but think:

"Man, this game is probably going to be extremely boring after the first 2 playthroughs."

I mean... it's most likely going to have less features than the Civ5 or Civ4 and it'll take ~1 year until DLCs come out that bring the game to a stage where it should've been in the first place (like Civ5). I like Civ... but the last one made me realise that the base game itself sucks.

The combat system is so annoying :/

Deleted
    I'll wait and see about that. But yes, historically Civ games were for the most part lacking in the base game, and became much better with the addons.
    But only 2 playthroughs? One does not just stop without taking another turn or playing another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Hmmm I don't know, maybe I project my gloomy mood onto this, but after seeing the 2 little trailers there I can't help but think:

"Man, this game is probably going to be extremely boring after the first 2 playthroughs."

I mean... it's most likely going to have less features than the Civ5 or Civ4 and it'll take ~1 year until DLCs come out that bring the game to a stage where it should've been in the first place (like Civ5). I like Civ... but the last one made me realise that the base game itself sucks.

I really disagree about two playthroughts...the situational method in which one researches tech combined with the AI reacting in more varied ways seems to make every playthough (hopefully) unique.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the game doesn't ship with different sizes of real Earth maps with true starting locations, I'm going to pass the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I really disagree about two playthroughts...the situational method in which one researches tech combined with the AI reacting in more varied ways seems to make every playthough (hopefully) unique.
    Did they change the tech tree? Because tech research has barely been "situational" aside from 1 or two techs in Civ so far. It's pretty much always Rush X, then Rush Y - pretty much like a build order, you might place one or two buildings earlier etc. but 'meh'.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I love how they feel the need to advertise.

They could just have one-liner saying "Yep, here's Civ VI" and people would start throwing money at the screen.

Also, looks like Ghandi's at it again!
    First product that comes to mind is Coca Cola.

I mean....need I say more? XD

They've said it's different this time- Civ6 is being made by the people that made the Civ5 expansions.

The only feature missing from Civ5 and its expansions is the World Congress added in BNW, and that's because of the replacement of the Diplomatic victory.

Religion, Espionage, Tourism and Trade routes are all in the base Civ6.

They're also going back to local happiness, apparently, and you'll be able to justify your wars to help lessen warmongering penalties.

It'll probably have less Civilizations at release than Civ5 does with its expansions though.

Matter of taste I suppose

Deleted
    Did they change the tech tree? Because tech research has barely been "situational" aside from 1 or two techs in Civ so far. It's pretty much always Rush X, then Rush Y - pretty much like a build order, you might place one or two buildings earlier etc. but 'meh'.
    As far as I understood, the tech tree is more or less the same, but you get additional research based on the tiles in your kingdom. E.g. when you have marble, you get a boost for researching masonry.
    To the older Civs: One of the good things about Civ (at least against PC) were always the many different difficulty choices, allowing you to play more or less every order you want - even those who seem to be weaker or disregard the military - and still be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Ugh, hundreds of well known Egyptian leaders and they go with the non Egyptian leader of Egypt (Cleo was Greek)

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yep he's got my vote.

Wait, that wasn't a campaign ad?

TAKE MY MONEY!
    With Sean Bean they should sometime have him appear on game, wearing clothing from movies/shows (real or fantasy) linked with the era of a character he played in. (Like one of the advisors.)

Ancient Era = Odysseus (Film Troy)
    Dark Age - Medieval eras = Ned Stark
    Late Medieval - mid colonial = ?
    Say late 1600s to late 1800s era = Sharpe
    World war eras = Major Jones (Age of Heroes)
    Modern = Travelyon?
    Future = ??

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan seems odd. Don't know how the game will end up being, but I see them being either extremely underpowered or unbeatable. Either way, I don't see them being a moderate choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people say Cleopatra looks ugly? She looks pretty similar to how she was depicted at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ugh, hundreds of well known Egyptian leaders and they go with the non Egyptian leader of Egypt (Cleo was Greek)
    Hundreds? At best people are familiar with the names of Ramses and Nefertiti.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Amenhotep (a few of them), Thutmose (a few of them), Tutankhamun and Xerxes are all widely known. At least to Age of Empires 1 players!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Well, they could always use their game to educate people I suppose. It'd certainly be interesting to see some more "unknown" leaders. But really they're unknown for a reason...that reason being that they didn't do as much to forward society, which really is the point of the game.

Which begs the question: how many players really give two doops about what civilization they're playing, over the civilization which has the appropriate stats for the type of civilization they want to build?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.