Thread: Am I black?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Am I black?

Edit: post #36 for those too lazy to scan two pages or even check out the daiolouge. A face pic. That's page #2 folks.

Edit#2. Would change the title to include "to you". That's more accurate to what I'm asking.

I know this sounds stupid as shit, but I'm serious. I'll link a photo of my arm but first why I'm asking.

I'm Jamaican from descent. My mom and dad are dark skinned. My grandpa is light but had more of a tan since he lived on the island.

I know light skinned brothas are a thing, but I rarely see any as light as me. Maybe that one from kid and play, but most of them just look like Drakes completion. I've always been a bit uncomfortable growing up cause other darker kids and adults looked at me funny.

So what is your verdict? Hazel eyes, light as fuck, dark blonde hair but still nappy as shit if I don't comb it. Would you consider me black?

I know this sounds stupid as shit, but I'm serious. I'll link a photo of my arm but first why I'm asking.

I'm Jamaican from descent. My mom and dad are dark skinned. My grandpa is light but had more of a tan since he lived on the island.

I know light skinned brothas are a thing, but I rarely see any as light as me. Maybe that one from kid and play, but most of them just look like Drakes completion. I've always been a bit uncomfortable growing up cause other darker kids and adults looked at me funny.

So what is your verdict? Hazel eyes, light as fuck, dark blonde hair but still nappy as shit if I don't comb it. Would you consider me black?

http://i.imgur.com/RaXS4qr.jpg
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-07-09 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say don't worry about it so much. Just be who you are and don't concern yourself so much with racial identity.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter?

who cares??
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I like how it's the thread with the broken link that has the posts in it.

I care. Hence why I am shaking for an opinion. -_-

It's not a huge deal. Just looking for what others that don't know me think. This is 100% personal and not a political anything. I just want an opiniOn.

If you don't care , no need to even click the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I like how it's the thread with the broken link that has the posts in it.
    I'm working on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaimacans have African descent so yes. You are.

Edit: Now that I've seen the picture you pass off as white but you're pretty much a mutt. Not like it matters. It's more than your skin color. It's your hair, your facial features, your skull structure.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-07-09 at 04:05 AM.

it's not the skin color that makes you what people consider black, it's the congoid genetics. black is just a layman's term for it. but it's the facial features, the hair, that make you a part of this type of people.

it really needs to be made more mainstream to call people by their nationality or actual race, than their skin color. just be jamaican, or american, or english, or whatever. or just be a caucasoid, a congoid, or mongoloid.

Deleted
    If that's your arm, it looks as white as any white guy's white arm. Looks like a Finnish white arm to me.

I understand the question goes deeper than what your arm looks like but hey you're showing your arm and asking the question.

Compare your skin colour to this:

Sample your skin colour. If it's #000000 then you are black.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Compare your picture to this:

Sample your skin colour. If it's #000000 then you are black.

Hm. If I close my eyes , I can kinda see the resemblance.

7+ Year Old Account
    juding by your arm you're white

but like derpkitteh said, you're still 'black' as in African because of your facial features and your hair
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-07-09 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I'm working on that.
    I'm just saying how funny it is about the other people, not ragging on you

From the other thread's picture: from what I can actually see, you don't look black for as much as it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Should look into finding out more about your lineage.
    Genealogy is awesome stuff, it's awesome to find out where your ancestors came from.
    Boy do I want to. Here is what I know from heresay.

Both parents dark and raised in Jamaica.
    Grandpa is Cuban
    Great grandpa is apparently German (debatable)

So I dunno. I may have a gestapo in my family tree.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been told Obama is white, so I don't know what to think. Also if by any chance you are from Argentina then you are white, it doesn't matter what people tell you.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-07-09 at 04:06 AM.

Deleted
    isn't this a repost of a old Copy pasta?

Deleted
    What are the scientific, genetic differences between white and black? Have your genetics tested. That'll give you a scientific answer.

Besides that, who gives a shit? Genetics are a weird thing, and even children can look different from their parents, let alone their grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What are the scientific, genetic differences between white and black? Have your genetics tested. That'll give you a scientific answer.

Besides that, who gives a shit? Genetics are a weird thing, and even children can look different from their parents, let alone their grandparents.

How do I do that? I saw this ad on tv about this genealogy thing, but that's it. And it's not exactly cheap.

I'm thinking of posting my face; but I don't want y'all to point out how ugly I am.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempguy View Post
    how do i do that? I saw this ad on tv about this genealogy thing, but that's it. And it's not exactly cheap.

I'm thinking of posting my face; but i don't want y'all to point out how ugly i am.
    post the face

Deleted
    Calling this a Copy pasta until Pics.