Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    first he said 12, then after blizzard's pvp post came up he said

"My apologies everyone, it appears the 12th was a typo on an email that was meant to indicate OverWatch changes.

The prepatch is still slated for the following week, the 19th of July. "

Yeah, loads of BS basically.
    Where did he say that? All i see is this Overview and there is no such thing. Just anything he wrote before the PvP-End-Announcement.

https://www.reddit.com/user/WoWLeakz/
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Where did he say that? All i see is this Overview and there is no such thing. Just anything he wrote before the PvP-End-Announcement.

Read the topic again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...gion_prepatch/

3PM PDT EDIT:

My apologies everyone, it appears the 12th was a typo on an email that was meant to indicate OverWatch changes.

The prepatch is still slated for the following week, the 19th of July.

The date change was so close to the actual date, I rushed to post here instead of properly confirming.

Once again, I am sorry for the false alarm and will continue to pass along information as I receive it.

Oh, so he edited his initial post. My bad, i just searched for a new one.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Well Blizz knows the mole now

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Well Blizz knows the mole now
    or there is no mole and its just one guy who made 100 comments and deleted those that were wrong.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, i suppose people here take the previous season end/prepatch pattern as an indication (and rightfully so) of the 19th July pre-patch.

But i see no comment on the "Please note that the end of the season does not require a patch to the game, and will occur automatically." phrase, which might indicate a 26th July pre-patch launch, especially when people claim that Blizzard does differently this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    So, i suppose people here take the previous season end/prepatch pattern as an indication (and rightfully so) of the 19th July pre-patch.

But i see no comment on the "Please note that the end of the season does not require a patch to the game, and will occur automatically." phrase, which might indicate a 26th July pre-patch launch, especially when people claim that Blizzard does differently this time.
    That line only means that the end of season is set in stone. No mather what happends the season will end on that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post

Thats a very good point. I think this is the first time they added that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    seriously i don't see why people are still discussing this? 19th is end of PVP season, means pre-patch release date. unless i am missing something.
    Well - it is a new precedent, so we don't know for sure if the old ones will be followed. Reasonable assumption - just not confirmed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    That line only means that the end of season is set in stone. No mather what happends the season will end on that date.
    That line means there is no connection between end of the season AND the prepatch.

So it can be the 19th, the 26th etc

10+ Year Old Account
    so season ends on 19th AND that leaker guy turned to be fake? Good news
    As much as I don't believe any leaks, it doesn't necessarily mean that the guy was a fake.

The guy "leaked" a prepatch launch date of July 19th, which is looking extremely likely now. Recently though, he came across more information that pointed to a July 12th release date. If the original leak was real, then it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard saw the leak, then let a fake leak spread in order to discredit the guy.

Personally, I think it was just another person's speculation labeled as a leak for click-bait purposes, but that's not the same as saying, "This guy is 100% a fake".

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    As much as I don't believe any leaks, it doesn't necessarily mean that the guy was a fake.

The guy "leaked" a prepatch launch date of July 19th, which is looking extremely likely now. Recently though, he came across more information that pointed to a July 12th release date. If the original leak was real, then it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard saw the leak, then let a fake leak spread in order to discredit the guy.

Personally, I think it was just another person's speculation labeled as a leak for click-bait purposes, but that's not the same as saying, "This guy is 100% a fake".
    The thing is, blizzard didn't even announce the prepatch date. Plus, I really dont think they'd go the trouble of discredit some guy on reddit.

ALSO, he never said he was given the wrong prepatch date. He said he MESSED up reading the date.

Here, his direct quote:

"My apologies everyone, it appears the 12th was a typo on an email that was meant to indicate OverWatch changes. "

So, the whole blizzard trying to discredit him idea goes out the window, because according to him that didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, blizzard didn't even announce the prepatch date. Plus, I really dont think they'd go the trouble of discredit some guy on reddit.
    I never said that they did release a prepatch date... And plenty of companies would go through "the trouble" (lol) to discredit an extremely popular leak, especially from a source some are claiming is constantly right.

However:

ALSO, he never said he was given the wrong prepatch date. He said he MESSED up reading the date.

Here, his direct quote:

"My apologies everyone, it appears the 12th was a typo on an email that was meant to indicate OverWatch changes. "
    That does change everything.

Still banking on the 19th to give people a month ish before Demon Hunters drop

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Patch releases the same day as the end of PVP Season.
    If there is that much certainty, why not announce that.
    I think when blizzard are actually sure of it themselves, it will be announced.

The season end is announced as the timing of that will necessitate people to hold off certain activities, or do them quicker.
    Just like the pre-patch will.
    So I see no reason to announce them separately if they were going to be the same day.
    It doesn't make much sense as far as I can see.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-09 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

The season end is announced as the timing of that will necessitate people to hold off certain activities, or do them quicker.
    So I see no reason to announce them separately if they were going to be the same day.
    They said ""Please note that the end of the season does not require a patch to the game, and will occur automatically.""

To give themselves some leeway in case something goes wrong with the build, I'd imagine.

They almost never announce a patch release date before hand, it always just comes with the end of the PVP Season, and it has been like that for every single Pre-Patch going back to BC.

Season 4 (End of BC) Season End - Oct 14th 2008 ---- WotLK Pre Patch - Oct 15th 2008
    Season 8 (End of WotLK) Season End - Oct 12th 2010 ---- Cata Pre Patch - Oct 12th 2010
    Season 11 (End of Cata) Season End - Aug 28th 2012 ---- MoP Pre Patch - Aug 28th 2012
    Season 14 (End of MoP) Season End - Oct 14th 2014 ---- WoD Pre Patch - Oct 14th 2014

So that means is that the end of the season has to occur prior to the pre-patch.
    That is all it means.
    Nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.