Page 1 of 2
LastLast

N Korea says that US sanctions is an act of war

Washington (CNN)The Obama administration on Wednesday slapped sanctions on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and 10 other regime officials for their alleged complicity in human rights abuses against the North Korean people.

The move marked the first time Washington sanctioned Kim Jong Un personally. Administration officials said Kim was "ultimately responsible" for what they called "North Korea's notorious abuses of human rights."

"Under Kim Jong Un, North Korea continues to inflict intolerable cruelty and hardship on millions of its own people, including extrajudicial killings, forced labor, and torture," Acting Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence Adam J. Szubin said in a statement announcing the new action.
    "As a result of today's actions, any property or interest in property of those designated by (Office of Foreign Assets Control) within U.S. jurisdiction is frozen," the Treasury Department said. "Additionally, transactions by U.S. persons involving the designated persons are generally prohibited."
    A lot of international financial institutions similarly avoid those designated on these types of sanctions list so they can do business with U.S. institutions.
    North Korea on Thursday lashed out at the move, calling it an "open declaration of war against DPRK" and "the worst crime that can never be pardoned," according to state news agency KCNA.
    While North Korea urged the United States to retract the sanctions, it also said that it will handle all issues "arising in the relations with the U.S." under wartime law, KCNA reported, quoting North Korea's Foreign Ministry.
    The sanctions also extend to five North Korean state entities, including the Ministry of People's Security, which the report says oversees labor camps and other detention facilities, where torture, execution, rape, starvation and forced labor takes place. Choe Pu Il, the minister of People's Security, was also named to the list, along with several top officials in the agency.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/politi...hts/index.html
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They say alot of thing but never acually do anything about it, just empty threats.

Deleted
    Heard this on the radio late last night.

I wonder how long it will be before North Korea does something to get itself wiped from the face of the Earth.

What isn't an act of war to them? They do empty threats all the time. It's like a hobby for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They say alot of thing but never acually do anything about it, just empty threats.
    ^this

/10char

North Korea is basically your crazy elderly uncle that likes to steal things.

"Don't pay him no mind"
    - Everyone's mom.

Sounds like they have ran out from rice again and acting up to receive another delivery to sooth them.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fb712...unched-missile

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea said that North Korea on Saturday test-fired what appeared to be a submarine-launched ballistic missile off its eastern coast.

The missile was fired from a location near the North Korean coastal town of Sinpo, where analysts have previously detected efforts by the North to develop submarine-launched ballistic missile systems, said an official from Seoul's Defense Ministry, who didn't want to be named, citing office rules. He couldn't immediately confirm how far the missile traveled and where it landed.

North Korea's acquiring the ability to launch missiles from submarines would be an alarming development for rivals and neighbors because missiles from submerged vessels are harder to detect in advance. While security experts say it's unlikely that North Korea possesses an operational submarine capable of firing missiles, they acknowledge that the North is making progress on such technology.

So telling the truth is a crime to them? That figures. Not like he's going to do anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They are right tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's see...

North Korean leader:

North Korean commoners:

How dare they sanction the God himself, when he apparently sacrifices everything for his people! Act of war, indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, let's see...

North Korean leader:

How dare they sanction the God himself, when he apparently sacrifices everything for his people! Act of war, indeed!
    That background looks fake as fuck

Can't economic sanctions be considered an act of war, similar to an embargo or blockade? N Korea says alot of crazy shit, but this isn't one of them.

"If goods don't cross borders, armies will."

Maybe the sanctions aren't technically an act of war but it'll give N Korea "jus ad bellum" the right to go to war.
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2016-07-09 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    That background looks fake as fuck
    I think they just applied a lot of cheap Photoshop filters to the original. They are known to do that.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

"The worst crime that can never be pardoned"

What, did someone eat fatty's cake or something?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, let's see...
    North Korean commoners:

What do you think their BMI is?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    This means war! Time to have a military parade where we showcase our highly advance military technology....from the Soviet surplus....from 1978....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What do you think their BMI is?
    Hard to say... Probably 1/3rd of their leader's.

We're technically still at war with them so that's kind of stupid to say.

Deleted
    They will soon make another video about how they annihilate the US. With great music of course.