View Poll Results: Does having kids make you happier?

Voters
145. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

8 5.52%
  • Sometimes

35 24.14%
  • No

63 43.45%
  • Yes

39 26.90%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Well, now I hope that works well for you. You dont seen living at all and neither do your wife (with all due respect and no offense intended.)
    I don't take offence. We're quite happy, and life is far from boring. We've lived in five different states, traveled a bunch, seen a lot. If anything we'd like to settle down and live in one place for a while, but that's not in the cards because of my profession. We'll get to someday. Just another goal to work towards. Life doesn't stop because you have kits. It just changes. Instead of going to a bar this evening I took my three oldest daughters to go see Finding Dory. It might seem lame, but I take far more enjoyment from listening to my girls tell me about how funny a scene in the movie was than I do watching one of my buddies fail to get into some chick's pants. I lived the standard bachelor life when I was in college. I did all the things most people glorify about those years. You could not pay me a million dollars to go back. My life now is far better, and more fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I don't take offence. We're quite happy, and life is far from boring. We've lived in five different states, traveled a bunch, seen a lot. If anything we'd like to settle down and live in one place for a while, but that's not in the cards because of my profession. We'll get to someday. Just another goal to work towards. Life doesn't stop because you have kits. It just changes. Instead of going to a bar this evening I took my three oldest daughters to go see Finding Dory. It might seem lame, but I take far more enjoyment from listening to my girls tell me about how funny a scene in the movie was than I do watching one of my buddies fail to get into some chick's pants. I lived the standard bachelor life when I was in college. I did all the things most people glorify about those years. You could not pay me a million dollars to go back. My life now is far better, and more fulfilling.
    If you are happy, thats what matters. Right?

The pool of subject on MMO champ is kinda not very suitable. Im probably in the very small minority that even have kids here lol. It does make me happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    If you are happy, thats what matters. Right?
    In the context of this thread, sure, as the causes of personal happiness is what we're discussing. There are larger social and demographic issues affected by fertility or lack-thereof, but I'll leave those for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It was hyperbole. Suffice to say we're very happy with the choice. We see several friends and family members having children and going through the trials and tribulations that it entails. Furthermore, every time we have to spend time with any nieces or nephews it reaffirms our decision.
    To be fair i used to think like that too, until it was my own. I used to hate kids, i mostly still do, except my own seems smart and enjoyable to be around somehow if that make sense lol. They dont annoy me as other parents kids do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does depend on the individuals involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    To be fair i used to think like that too, until it was my own. I used to hate kids, i mostly still do, except my own seems smart and enjoyable to be around somehow if that make sense lol. They dont annoy me as other parents kids do.
    Well it's not news that other peoples children are a pain in the ass, ofcourse my children are special and on some complete other level than the other somewhat retarded 5 year olds, sure you know the feeling :P

Truth is, that I'm having more fun and more happy with children than I was without, I do not see much quality in going to clubs, going to the cinema etc. I did plenty of clubbing when I was young and I really don't miss it.

Truth is that beeing a parent is sometimes hard work the first few years of a kids life, but when they hit 2 years it becomes far more fun than a chore, and it's alot easier if one isnt a narcissist.

I have no intention of having kids and when i die i wont give two shits if the human race lives on or dies in a horrible atomic fireball!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well it's not news that other peoples children are a pain in the ass, ofcourse my children are special and on some complete other level than the other somewhat retarded 5 year olds, sure you know the feeling :P

Truth is, that I'm having more fun and more happy with children than I was without, I do not see much quality in going to clubs, going to the cinema etc. I did plenty of clubbing when I was young and I really don't miss it.

Truth is that beeing a parent is sometimes hard work the first few years of a kids life, but when they hit 2 years it becomes far more fun than a chore, and it's alot easier if one isnt a narcissist.
    Nigga you lying if you're having more fun playing with blocks, reading cat in the hat and watching Frozen for the 50th time, over getting a massage while drinking something alcoholic out of a coconut. Just after some wild fucking with your wife who still has her body looking good at an all inclusive adults only resort in the Caribbean or something.
    I see what my brother does with his 4 year old and 2 year old, shit's boring as fuck.

I digress, different strokes for different folks... But fuck that shit man, I'm retiring at 55 or earlier.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-07-09 at 06:29 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Nigga you lying if you're having more fun playing with blocks, reading cat in the hat and watching Frozen for the 50th time, over getting a massage while drinking something alcoholic out of a coconut. Just after some wild fucking with your wife at an all inclusive adults only resort in the Caribbean or something.
    I see what my brother does with his 4 year old and 2 year old, shit's boring as fuck.

I digress, different strokes for different folks... But fuck that shit man, I'm retiring at 55 or earlier.
    Getting a massage while drinking sounds like fun, except the masseuse is most likely shit, I'll have a hangover for 2 days and ruin the vacation.

Yes playing soccer with my boys or reading for my girls do beat that, and It's free too.

Having kids do not rule out having sex, and I don't need to be in the caribbean to do it either, and you're right, different people different strokes, trust me when I was 20, having kids werent exactly top of my plan either, but clubbing and getting drunk became much less important.

But having kids is ofcourse something you should really want, people change alot from 20 to 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a massage while drinking sounds like fun, except the masseuse is most likely shit, I'll have a hangover for 2 days and ruin the vacation.

Yes playing soccer with my boys or reading for my girls do beat that, and It's free too.

Having kids do not rule out having sex, and I don't need to be in the caribbean to do it either, and you're right, different people different strokes, trust me when I was 20, having kids werent exactly top of my plan either, but clubbing and getting drunk became much less important.

But having kids is ofcourse something you should really want, people change alot from 20 to 40.
    My wife and I are both 35 and have been married for 9 years, together for 11. Lol, no way, kids suck. I can go see one of my seven nieces or nephews if I want to be annoyed after 2 mins.
    Anyway, I'm out. Do us non breeders a favor and don't bring kids under 14 on a flight.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happier when I see kids suck out the life of a normal mom and dad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to want kids when I was slightly younger. But my elder brother moved in with his family. 10 year old kid with adhd and a baby that NEVER SHUTS THE FUCK UP. God I get countless urges a day to punch both of them in the face. I can't fucking stand children. I'm much happier with money. Thanks.

Deleted
    I am a dad of two kids. One is 15 months old and the other one is now 9 weeks old.

I feel like without kids your happiness is more constant and easier to control. With kids there are higher highs and lower lows. When they were just born it was mostly the major lack of sleep that took away the possibility of remotely feeling happy. Now the dust is settled and they boh have a decent sleeping pattern things are looking easier.

My wife and I are both 35 and have been married for 9 years, together for 11. Lol, no way, kids suck. I can go see one of my seven nieces or nephews if I want to be annoyed after 2 mins.
    Anyway, I'm out. Do us non breeders a favor and don't bring kids under 14 on a flight.
    Well I've never belived that kids were a good idea if you're a narcissist, and I suggest you stay at home if you want to avoid kids, and others kids cant be compared to your own. And I'm bringing all my kids on a plane in August

10+ Year Old Account
    Father of twins who're 2.5 years old.

Kids come with a miriad of emotions, and it completely depends on the child(ren) which ones they induce upon their parents.
    Looking at my nephew (only child, and four months younger), he is a lot tougher to handle than my twins combined.

So asking a parent if they're happy with children, or were happier without, is like the whole "What colour is this dress?" story; it's variable, and different for each parent.

This was my situation:
    1) College student, girlfriend (now wife) was a high-school student
    2) Pregnant of twins, I had to quit school (she was in her exams, I was in my first year)
    3) Had to look for a job
    4) Arrange my own house (good thing my parents had a savingsaccount stashed away in a dark corner, otherwise I'd have to loan)
    5) Did not have work until my kids were three months old

Now that I have stability, I can honestly admit my kids bring me joy. In the beginning? Stress from everything hardly let me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've never belived that kids were a good idea if you're a narcissist, and I suggest you stay at home if you want to avoid kids, and others kids cant be compared to your own. And I'm bringing all my kids on a plane in August
    Didn't you say something about having twin 1 year olds? And you're bringing them plus other young children on what's a presumably a flight for pleasure? That's one of the more "I'm a selfish asshole and proud of it" things I've heard in some time. I hope for you fellow passengers sake it's a short flight.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I have kids. Would I NOT have them, absolutely not. Do they make me happier? They make my life feel like it has an ultimate meaning, kind of like I'm leaving my mark on the world, but I really doubt that my life would be any less fulfilling or that I would be any less happier without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm not a parent, I can't even fathom the idea as I'm too selfish about my own time and my own ambitions to even consider it, but hey maybe that's also why I'm single. #foreveralone
    i am with this guy

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i am with this guy
    Same with me.