Thread: 90-100 XP nerf?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

90-100 XP nerf?

Haven't been able to dig up any info, do we know if there's going to be a nerf to the experience needed for 90-100? Whether it's:

-Legion pre-patch?
    -Legion release?
    - No info if/when it's happening?

Thanks!

I think it already was... buy a couple XP poition... do all the bonus quests in Gorgrond execpt leaving ONE last thing to kill click up... then take a pot and finish each one out.. you'll ghain liek 6-7 levels.

Why does it matter? Just level now, why wait till there is a nerf. Not like there is anything to do ingame atm anyways. It doesn't even take long to level in WoD zones anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Why does it matter? Just level now, why wait till there is a nerf. Not like there is anything to do ingame atm anyways. It doesn't even take long to level in WoD zones anyways.
    Because doing the same exact quest line for the 17th time gets really boring?

It's even worse especially since compared to Vanilla, WotLK and Cata, you can't chose which zones you quest in for your level.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post

It's even worse especially since compared to Vanilla, WotLK and Cata, you can't chose which zones you quest in for your level.
    You can basically level up by buying garrison potions and gathering herbs/ore, getting the treasures, and doing a few quests per level. Doing it this way took me about 4-5 hours to level from 90-100 last week. Ran like 4 Alterac Valley's as well.

7+ Year Old Account

uhhh so what is the difference between doing them now, and later?

also the zones are awesome, it took me to my 8th char to finally get annoyed by it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes you can, with full heirloom gear you get so much XP that you can arbitrarily skip a few zones - which of those you skip you can switch around every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I want 17 level 100s but I'm bored by it"

Well...

There are several speed guides... here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHIKhabggM

I used something similar for most of my 21 level 100s

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    There are several speed guides... here is one:

I used something similar for most of my 21 level 100s
    These are the methods I learned about too late, but I've done as well. I don't skip all the intro stuff like he does and I tend to do the inital questing areas until I make 92. I actually have 2 accounts, so I have the luxury of having a frost DK run around and do all the work which speeds things up. If you're absolutely focused 75 mins is achievable. But I'm slower and take breaks cause it's so boring, so I think 2 1/2 hours is a more realistic base line.

Still much faster and better than questing.

Really? I'm on 19th (literally) and I'm still not bothered by it.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

If you are going to be leveling anyways...why not make a head start and begin leveling now. I just don't understand the wait if you are going to be doing it anyways. It doesn't even take that long and there are multiple paths per zone. The leveling process is going to be bland after 3-4 times, but either way you are going to have to do it if you want more max level toons. I will tell you this, Legion leveling is going to be more bland than WoD leveling. I have done it multiple times and you follow pretty much the same quest chain each time with only 4 zones and not 5. If you plan on doing dungeons you even have to finish the questline in each zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I think it already was... buy a couple XP poition... do all the bonus quests in Gorgrond execpt leaving ONE last thing to kill click up... then take a pot and finish each one out.. you'll ghain liek 6-7 levels.
    Wait.. How do I do this exactly? Can you tell more in details?

all my 11 class are at 100 !

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    How it works is have a potion. Then go around and nearly complete all the bonus areas in Gorgond. Like leave a kill or something before it completes on all of them for example. Then drink the potion then run to each one as fast as possible and complete them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    If you are going to be leveling anyways...why not make a head start and begin leveling now. I just don't understand the wait if you are going to be doing it anyways. It doesn't even take that long and there are multiple paths per zone. The leveling process is going to be bland after 3-4 times, but either way you are going to have to do it if you want more max level toons. I will tell you this, Legion leveling is going to be more bland than WoD leveling. I have done it multiple times and you follow pretty much the same quest chain each time with only 4 zones and not 5. If you plan on doing dungeons you even have to finish the questline in each zone.
    I'm already 93 and sitting with an Elixir in Gorgrond with the objectives almost done. Since it seems likely we'll see the patch in the next week or two, I was just wondering if it would be worth it to wait for the patch, and save myself some time.

You can boost to 100 when you purchase legion. So yeah xp got nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm up to 28, but to be honest, it's the entire thing now, not any specific part. I have to start at the beginning, then you're doing all the dungeons and running about and quests here and there and eurgh. It only takes about 1 and a half days played but it's gotten boring now. With my level 100 boost and my Demon Hunter that brings me to 30 (or 26 once my alt account sub expires).

The EXP nerfs aren't enough to make it less tedious if you've hit a wall on tedium, what I found I needed was time. A year or two later and you might start to enjoy the different facets of levelling again.

(personally)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renchard View Post
    I'm already 93 and sitting with an Elixir in Gorgrond with the objectives almost done. Since it seems likely we'll see the patch in the next week or two, I was just wondering if it would be worth it to wait for the patch, and save myself some time.
    If you've not already, kill the 8 monster hunter mobs for their quest handins, then set your heathstone to Talador. You can normally get another 4 minutes or so of the elixir in there, I tend to fly down towards the bonus objective with the calm 7 prowlers and kill the fire tree, whilst collecting treasures. Usually takes me from 92 (end of 92, i usually never hit level 93 from doing the setup for gorgrond) up to around 98.5. Then you just grab a few treasures in Spires (and get some in talador on the way down) and you're pretty much done.

Usually expansion experience requirements are nerfed AFTER the next expansion is released. However, there is no information about a Warlords of Draenor level-up requirement nerf at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    I do it with 2 pots.

First I wait til rested completely. The I do the two bonus quests in Shadowmoon leaving one thing left to do to complete. I also do some of the bigger quests liek the 2 or 3 wanted: quests but do not turn them in.

Of course I already have flying so it's even faster. PLan out my route to run those in AND click on all the easily accessible treasures. I am already 91 from the intro quest... and am almost 94 when I take the pot and turn everything in.

Then I am am "off speed" and do the beginning Gorgrond quests til you pick the Lumbermill outpost. Then clear (I think 10) bonus missions except one thing each... I also do a few quests here and there to turn in... doing this will take me to a little over 94... I then clear the several in Talador and the handful of quests at the outpost.

Drink the post turn everything in and I am usually 100.. sometimes I am high 99 but oh well... :P

I