Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    You don't get that on beta either. Only on the pvp realms where you can't do any pve.
    People don't gear up seriously in beta anyways, so the point still stands
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

We dont know. WoD was pretty good at release.
    The only indicator I can think of is that this time there hasnt been any drastic changes to some core feature shortly before launch, which is probably a good sign for 7.1.
    Last edited by owbu; 2016-07-10 at 08:03 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    We dont know. WoD at release was good.
    WoD only had one flaw, but it was a doozy. It had insufficient total content to last 6 months let alone almost 2 years. The content that was there was pretty good.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Any xpack without garrison is better than wod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Consensus is always that the current expansion is the worst .... that's just historical record. WoD is no different in that regard.
    It's curious how expansions look better in hindsight. I suspect a big part of that is that you are no longer trapped in it once a new expansion comes along. Once there's somewhere else to go I wonder if people get a lot more relaxed about everything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Detected sarcasm. I am neither calling that old talent system good nor the new one good. Just saying we used to have lot of CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS. Few years down the lane i wonder how many spells we will be using. Probably just 4 spells like in DOTA out of them 1/2 may be passive.

Having said that, I liked the old talent system. I see you like the new one better. Fair enough. It's subjective.
    There weren't a lot of options, there were a lot of things you could put points into but that doesn't mean they're really options. There weren't any choices that changed how you played your character like there are with the new system. It was the illusion of customization, but in reality there were a handful of cookie cutter builds to use and that was it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

As a fellow beta tester, I tell can you straight off the bat that legion is much better than WoD.

I know that WoD is so low that a fish carcass would be better at this point but I feel that this is at least a step in a better direction.

My key issue at present is that the artifact system whilst good overall will punish us in the long term. Particularly, as the ability to switch specifications or classes is going to be difficult even with their "catch up" system in place.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-07-10 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    No, as a beta tester, Legion is and will be FAR superior to WoD.
    They just need to get these classes tuned....

WoD tuning was decent for the first week or two, except for the monks with the pvp set, but otherwise it was okay to start...

Legion's tuning is awful right now. lol

Everything else is great though.

Legion already looks better with the non-raid progression (world quests, artifacts, the acknowledgement of dungeons, pvp prestige levels) so I'll definitely be playing come release

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Well, we'll have to wait and see. Currently it does look a lot better. But it will be the post-launch-support that will make or break this product. That's for sure.
    I have been saying if WoD was released as it is now in regards to open world content, and we still had 2-3 real content patches to look forward to WoD could have been one of the better expacs.

The leveling content was great, Tanaan should have been in at launch, and flight should have been been available much much sooner.

W/that in mind imagine if would got 2-3 content patches in size and depth that they delivered in MoP.

My faith in Blizz is at a alltime low and my hopes are not high. I fear that as far as Blizzard is concerned WoW is in maintenance mode and they are intent on doing as little as they possibly can with it. At least that is what WoD felt like.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

WoD only had one flaw, but it was a doozy. It had insufficient total content to last 6 months let alone almost 2 years. The content that was there was pretty good.
    I have to agree with this. And that the Garrison's nearly forced you to hang out there alone.

Here is what I am seeing in Beta... The leveling and new content is pretty awesome! Really!

But...

The dungeons are stupid easy (haven't tried Mythic yet), and the World Quests are the very same quests you did while leveling.

The three grinds of order hall resources, AP, and ancient mana are capped for the most part... and it just feels unrewarding.

Looking forward to raiding... Blizzard rarely lets us down there. But overall... I will get tired of it in a couple months. Especially without flying. Will probably unsub and come back when flying is actually achievable. Thanks to Blizz's "No idiot left behind policy", I'll be able to take advantage of Blizz's catrchup mechanics and not really miss a damn thing.

But if you do some MMO-C searches, you will find that during MoP and LK there was just as much whinging about them as there is about WoD.

In terms of all the expansions - WoD is just an average one, there has been worse and has been better.
    The only other expansion I'd really call bad would be Cata, and WoD is a whole lot worse than that. Which is impressive, considering Cata was fairly bad.

Deleted
    i thought WoD was the best expansion after WOTLK.

WoW community is just 95% whiners

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them. Meaning that you play WoW to have fun with your class and spec as the main posture and if it dosen't feel right, it can make the game feel worse. So there lies my question in the topic.

While I realize Legion will have more content than WoD did, why does Blizzard keep reinventing the wheel?
    Nope sorry wrong, legion brings classes and the fantasy of a class back into perspective, each spec is unique enough with depth and meaning in pve and pvp.
    More content to do during the course of the expansion at all levels, and lets not forget the invasion event we really had no pre patch event the last 3 expansions.

Yes it will be because you still have to play with plebs to achieve things.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I have to agree with this. And that the Garrison's nearly forced you to hang out there alone.

Here is what I am seeing in Beta... The leveling and new content is pretty awesome! Really!

But...

The dungeons are stupid easy (haven't tried Mythic yet), and the World Quests are the very same quests you did while leveling.

The three grinds of order hall resources, AP, and ancient mana are capped for the most part... and it just feels unrewarding.

Looking forward to raiding... Blizzard rarely lets us down there. But overall... I will get tired of it in a couple months. Especially without flying. Will probably unsub and come back when flying is actually achievable. Thanks to Blizz's "No idiot left behind policy", I'll be able to take advantage of Blizz's catrchup mechanics and not really miss a damn thing.
    I disagree. Mythic dungeons in particular are very challenging. Normal is stupid easy, but it should be bc it is open to people leveling. Heroic is slightly harder but still not a lot. Mythic, on the other hand, can get very challenging and feels rewarding to complete. My guildmates and I ran some mythic this weekend and for the first time in a long time outside of raiding - we were really engaged and enjoying the dungeon crawl. I haven't felt like that about a dungeon crawl since Vanilla/TBC. I would put the dungeon system way at the top of what is appealing about Legion.

I'm not sure what you mean about "capped" for the order hall resources, AP, and mana farming (though there is a built in cap for how much mana you can hold). I don't find them unrewarding at all. WoW has always been a grind-fest and farming kind of game, from the very beginning - and if grinding/farming is not your thing, you will not enjoy gathering those resources no matter what.

As far as grinding and farming go, though, the content you do to get these resources make them a fairly enjoyable use of time. It's certainly a hell of a lot more enjoyable than clicking the mission table and being done, logging on to gather your free insta-fill resources, walking out the front door of your garrison main hut and picking flowers in your own garden, or mining your own mine.

World quests are not all the quests you do while leveling. Kirin Tor is a great example. Some of them are, though, but their demand is significantly reduced when you do them as world quests - so they are much quicker than, for instance, the stupid blue bar quests in Tanaan (vomit), so you can do them fairly quickly and move on.

It really seems to me you may just be sour about the flying issue. You appear to rail on that a lot. Is it possible it's clouding your view of the expansion? I can readily admit I am having to work hard to keep the max camera distance change from casting a shadow of yuck over the whole thing for me.

Vanilla
    TBC
    WOTLK
    Legion
    Pandaria
    Cataclysm
    Warlords of Draenor

In order of good to bad
    This is probably accurate imo. Also, if they support Legion with content they way the say they will, the gap between Legion and WotLK will be much smaller as a result - which is a very good thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    We can't know, no matter what people say now. Different things attract different people. Some people actually enjoyed Warlords of Draenor even if the majority that voiced their opinions on the matter didn't. Therefore OP wait for Legion to release then make your own opinion about the matter instead of listening to what others say, unless you got the same likes as someone else and you wait for them to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    No, as a beta tester, Legion is and will be FAR superior to WoD.
    im a beta tester also but ill hold my judgment till 7.1 wod was good after leveling that's it, legion COULD flop after the first teir imo

Deleted
    From what I have seen on the beta, there is hardly any content at max lvl. Your dailies are forced pet battles and fishing quests. There will be weekly quests to keep you subscribing, and the PvP might keep some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    From what I have seen on the beta, there is hardly any content at max lvl. Your dailies are forced pet battles and fishing quests. There will be weekly quests to keep you subscribing, and the PvP might keep some people.
    You say no content then list some content to do lol.