Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh I'm not even a vegetarian and I have to say, all these people saying you can't have a proper balanced diet as a veggie is plain wrong. You could live perfectly healthily off exclusively eating apple peel if you truly wanted to. It's possible to get everything the body essentially needs without touching a single bit of meat or dairy.

With all that said, I stiill enjoy the occasional rack of BBQ ribs or southern fried chicken. I haven't really developed a liking for stuff like Quorn yet. However, I spend most of my time eating fish :P And I know my dad's a pescetarian, meaning he will happily eat fish but not 'meat meat' from land based mammals etc.
    Last edited by Will; 2016-07-10 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Oh, no! The poor field mice, crickets, grasshoppers, other small creatures killed when they harvest wheat and other crops. How barbaric! We must do something.Let's all go back to growing crops in our yard and when we walk, we must have a broom to sweep ants, lizards, anything we may accidently kill from our path. We will need to also do away with any garden implements in case we accidently put a shovel through an earthworm.

#AllPreyMatters

Let's not stop here. Let's prevent the killing of smaller animals by predators! Declaw all lions!

#ClawsKill #BanClaws #BanFangs #BanSharpPointyThings #BanTonguesThatShoot

And wait, lets not stop with that. Reparations must be made to the victims for losing their families to the Big Cats, Hawks, Owls.

#PredatorsMustFall
    #BillionYearsOfOppressionDueToEvolution
    #EvolutionMustFall

#AllCatsAreKillers
    #AllDogsAreKillers

Let's also have "safe" spaces where predators may not even stare at smaller animals for fear of intimidating them.

Then, we need to have Sensitivity Training and Rehabilitation to stop predators from thinking a bad thought and moving us "forward" to a predator-free world - also need to train them to eat apples.

#LowerFoodChainJusticeWarriorsUnite
    #UpperFoodChainPrivilege

Oh, then we need a ribbon, a prey history month. What else did I miss?

Evolution didn't put me at the top of the food-chain to go back to eating lettuce.

I tried vegetarian once. Funny enough, he tasted like pork, not chicken.

This guy gets it. Life sux. Do the best you can, stop whining over stupid shit.

https://www.sott.net/article/203114-...smaller-brains
    This is immensely stupid.

First of all, all the livestock used for food eats crops. All of the animals that would be harmed in crop production for human food are still harmed for crop production of livestock food.

Secondly, no one but no one is calling for that other crap. No one is even implying it. All we are saying is that as humans, we have a choice that other species don't have. We can choose to do the least amount of harm possible. Participating in the practice of factory farming contributes to a significant amount of harm to animals, workers, customers and the environment.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Because Meat is healthy and you can't just live of Supplements your entire life.
    You don't need supplements. Vegetarians can eat everything they need to be perfectly healthy without touching a supplement.

*Edit* Well technically it depends on the specific diet of the person. What I'm saying is it's totally OK to get by without needing them, but SOME people need supplements regardless. A 'balanced vegetarian diet' for most folks generally means you don't need supplements, but SOME people may be deficient in Iron or B12 (due to lack of red meat) and have to supplement those; but certainly not ALL people need to do this - only some.
    Last edited by Will; 2016-07-10 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    "yet"? Never will be.

Vegans eat plants. Plants reduce CO2. Vegans are destroying the planet!

I eat animals who produce CO2 and eat CO2 reducing plants. I am a hero.
    Last edited by mmoc186784de60; 2016-07-10 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    IBS prevents me from ever having a fully vegan diet, vegetarian possibly (aka the kind that still eats eggs, whatever that is called in english).

Thing is however.... I have no moral qualms about eating either chicken or fish, and its not because they suffer any less, I just don't ... care, hell I've gutted fish and butchered chickens myself.

Now mammals, I do care for, and I do find the way they're treated to be kinda... out of line. But at the end of the day, its natural for carbon based life to consume other carbon based life, so each to their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meat tastes like murder, and murder taste pretty damn good!

Quote Denis Leary
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Why would you willingly choose to not eat some of the finest foods available?
    Conscience. Doing the right thing is more important than flavor.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    This whole argument is stupid. We eat meat, fish, dairy and plants, they are all living things, heck the air you breath kills billions of organisms, you just cant see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilnor View Post
    "yet"? Never will be.

Vegans eat plants. Plants reduce CO2. Vegans are destroying the planet!

I eat animals who produce CO2and eat CO2 reducing plants. I am a hero.
    I know you're trying to be internet funny (and failing) but......

You're pretty much wrong.

Not to mention, a cow eats 24 lbs of plants a day for about 2 years before its slaughtered which produces just under 500 lbs of food. A person only needs just under 6lbs of food a day.

Deleted
    *NSA removed this comment*
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-07-10 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Because I like my meals to have taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Conscience. Doing the right thing is more important than flavor.
    The right thing according to who? Vegans who need to make everyone else feel like shit, just because they're bitter they can't eat a KFC?

I sleep fine. I look forward to my Lamb roast tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    This whole argument is stupid. We eat meat, fish, dairy and plants, they are all living things, heck the air you breath kills billions of organisms, you just cant see them.
    Its not the same and no vegan is implying it is. You understand that there's a capacity for mammals and birds for example to feel pain, right?

Deleted
    I couldn't live without cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    No matter what you do in life you're going to cause the death of animals. You can say "well you may as well not eat meat because that's contributing to the vast majority of animal deaths", and then after you stop eating meat something else would be the main cause of animal death and you'd have to stop doing that and then something else. Where would you draw the line at acceptable levels of animal death? Even going completely cave-man and living in the woods foraging berries and sap/mushrooms would eventually be the direct cause of death (starvation of bears or other foraging animals) of conscious life.

Arbitrary lines... Arbitrary lines everywhere.
    Its not arbitrary at all. That is the definition of a silly made up argument.

The vegan's "creedo" is not "nothing can ever die", its do the least amount of harm possible. Not sure how you think 15 billion animals slaughtered every year in factory farms will be replaced by something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    It's called the food chain, why don't you go ask Mr. Lion why he doesn't leave other animals alone?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    The right thing according to who? Vegans who need to make everyone else feel like shit, just because they're bitter they can't eat a KFC?

I sleep fine. I look forward to my Lamb roast tonight.
    This isn't bitterness nor is about making you feel like shit. If you feel like shit, its likely because you know the conditions with which animals are slaughtered in this world are wrong and you just resent the fact that we shine a light on this.

If you saw someone clubbing a dog to death in the street and said something about how it was wrong, you'd be no different than what a vegan is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Vegan Gains is a vegan, and he's a fuckin psychopath. The majority of vegans I've come across are insufferable egotistical douchebags, so I've come to the conclusion that being vegan is the direct cause for that...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It's called the food chain, why don't you go ask Mr. Lion why he doesn't leave other animals alone?
    No its not.

No animal raised for mass production, is part of any actual food chain as all of them are breeds that wouldn't exist without people breeding them that way. They aren't suited for anything other than growing to precise sizes and dimensions so they can be passed through the slaughter assembly line.

What a lion does is natural and necessary......there is not one part of the factory farm process that is natural from breeding to impregnation of the animals, to the growing and feeding of these animals to the antibiotics to the slaughter process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Because Vegan Gains is a vegan, and he's a fuckin psychopath. The majority of vegans I've come across are insufferable egotistical douchebags, so I've come to the conclusion that being vegan is the direct cause for that...
    The majority of vegans you've come across? Lol. What is that, like 2?

I'm sorry that I put the lives of human beings above animals. I don't enjoy the fact that animals have to die for humans to get meat but meat has been proven time and time again by god knows how many scientific studies to be an important if not irreplaceable source of many things such as animal proteins that plant proteins simply don't replace.

I don't judge vegans for being vegans. Good on them. But I'll take my healthier lifestyle and not pretend that a single human being out of billions not eating meat would make any sort of meaningful impact on an industry that will not die no matter how hard some try. Meat is too essential for us.