Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because bacon isn't a vegetable.

10+ Year Old Account
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynnch View Post
    it's interesting to see how little most people know about nutrition, yet they still wanna put their 2 cents in. basically the only way to get heart disease is from eating meat and other animal products. which is also interesting because no other carnivores on the planet get atherosclerosis (build up of plaque in the arteries which causes heart disease) from eating meat
    Joys of biology, anything in excess can kill you. The build up of plaque has a lot to do with a balance with the lipids and proteins used to carry cholesterol and other such chemicals to where they're needed in the body. If I recall correctly it's the lipid that becomes problematic and ends up sticking to the side of artery, might've changed since I last looked at a biology paper. It happens in meat diets more cause you tend to consume more lipids in general, doesn't necessarily mean a non meat diet will avoid this outcome as there are still lipids in a non meat diet. But as you need lipids to begin with that's a good thing or there would be problems with the transport mechanism in the opposite direction. A meat diet, a non meat diet, a mixed diet, all can kill you and all can keep you alive.. comes to balancing what you eat within said diet to get the best nutritional balance for one's body. Basically excess is a major problem in many diets, even Vegan ones as many do kinda jump on the soy bandwagon which is a problem as it's not very digestible for a human which can cause problems should one excessively consume soy products. Though this entire thing comes down to choice anyway, I don't mind a Vegan.. though the name meaning the beginning and end of vegetarian is a bit meh. But I won't give up my own choices when it comes to what I eat, if a better way to produce meat comes along I'll eat that but I don't believe giving up meat entirely is the best way to balance my diet. I'm biologically an omnivore, so having a wide diet seems to be the best way to ensure I get the nutrition I require. I exclude gravy and butter.. they're evil.. and are plotting to destroy us from the inside. No, I doubt I'll ever make a post where I remain entirely serious.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-07-10 at 01:08 PM.

I actually want to go vegan myself sometime later. But it's really because of my own choice, not because of some this environmentalist shit. You don't try to convert people to follow you for whatever reason you can find to convince them. God, you do realize why do people hate a person that being super religious to the level of highly annoying because of their preach and try-hard conversion, aren't ya? Whatever your reasons to go vegan, let it be as animal lover, environmentalist, or nutritional reason, just keep it to yourself. The harder you try to convince other people for the sake of converting them, the more you make yourself stupid. So please stop dragging other "non fanatic" vegans out there to the pool of mockery and bullying any further. Vegan is really just a matter of choice of living. When you respect other people choice, they will respect you back.

Love it when people say Quorn tastes like meat.

Tastes like shit.

Deleted
    Cause i know, that somewhere on the planet, someone is getting really upset about that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because fuck you and your snobby lifestyle, literally fuck all of you people. I raise cows, chickens and turkeys, will continue to do so and eat meat til I die. Oh and fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Didn't say all the time, just said they lie so you have no proof it wasn't tested on animals and btw........all drugs are tested on animals first.
    And? I really feel like we're speaking two different languages....

Let's try it from this angle.....what does "do the least amount of harm possible" mean to you?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Because fuck you and your snobby lifestyle, literally fuck all of you people. I raise cows, chickens and turkeys, will continue to do so and eat meat til I die. Oh and fuck you.
    Thank you for raising my dinner!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    And? I really feel like we're speaking two different languages....

Let's try it from this angle.....what does "do the least amount of harm possible" mean to you?
    You do know most of the shit you use on a daily basis hurts more than just animals we meat eaters consume right? Your car hurts the whole planet! As does your heating your home or using paper etc. hell your diet hurts the planet! stop being a damn hypocrite.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotiria View Post
    You try to shame, I never said you succeeded.
    And my original post wasn't even directed at you, if I didn't quote you it by default goes to the OP. You're making this about you a lot.
    I'm talking about the original post that really did nothing for me to convince or make me believe that what they think is right.
    How ignorant of you to think that I would not accept facts were they presented to me in a better form for me to understand and not turn me off from the concept of veganism altogether due to posts like the OP as well as yours. You become so hostile whenever you are questioned or confronted about things like this, it's no wonder people wont take you seriously.
    Maybe rethink your strategies and the way you try to get people to understand you, and you might have less situations like this.
    Funny, cause I didn't say or imply this was about me or directed at me. However, you've said an awful lot about vegans in general.....and I'm a vegan.

You're also ignoring the things said to you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Don't kid yourself. If a cow ever had the chance he'd eat you and everyone you cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is pretty consistent with my impression that vegans are mostly just not really all that keen on humanity and modernity.
    Weak.

Nothing you said made sense to what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

None of that is true because it makes false assumptions about what a vegan diet is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilnor View Post
    The fact that you answer jokes seriously... never mind.

Funny thing, but while most adults can go on a healthy and diverse vegan diet, most people don't do the proper research and harm themselves by not eating the right mix of plantfood. The physical and mental growth of children can actually be stalled by going full vegan. But hey, you life and kids, ruin them the way you feel like.
    The fact that you think the same posted 100 times is a joke, is telling.

What do you think a vegan diet actually is? Do you think its just salads and fruits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like meat.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Love it when people say Quorn tastes like meat.

Tastes like shit.
    Quorn is not vegan. (Well some of it is).

I won't lie, there's precious little faux meat that tastes as good as the real thing. There are things that are close though.

The flipside of what you're saying though, is that your personal flavor enjoyment is worth the torture and slaughter of animals. Which is fine for you, but then you can't one of the people that come back and get pissy if a vegan is morally superior to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weak.

- - - Updated - - -

None of that is true because it makes false assumptions about what a vegan diet is.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you think the same posted 100 times is a joke, is telling.

What do you think a vegan diet actually is? Do you think its just salads and fruits?
    Are you actually reading what he typed? Fucking christ, eat some meat your reading comprehension might improve. He's saying many people who go vegan do not do it properly for fucks sake.

10+ Year Old Account

I won't lie, there's precious little faux meat that tastes as good as the real thing. There are things that are close though.

The flipside of what you're saying though, is that your personal flavor enjoyment is worth the torture and slaughter of animals. Which is fine for you, but then you can't one of the people that come back and get pissy if a vegan is morally superior to you.
    Is your inability to get around without a car more important to you than the pollution of an entire planet including those animals you love so much?

Weak.

Sure it does! Here's what you said again:
    If a person lives out in the wild and hunts like an actual natural predator that's fine.

I don't like modern hunting because its not done correctly. Its also not necessary for the most part.
    This seems like an explicit rejection of modernity. Someone living outside of civilization and being an "actual natural predator" is fine, but someone using modern hunting methods is bad. Why? They're not doing it "correctly", apparently. I'm sure that goalpost won't shift at all if hunters change their methods to satisfy animal rights extremists.

Deleted

Being morally superior to another and exclaiming it, is what we call being a pretencious asshole.

I just find it hilarious that most people who are vegans use it as an excuse to pamp their own self-righteousness. It's like you have nothing else to bash people with.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Are you actually reading what he typed? Fucking christ, eat some meat your reading comprehension might improve. He's saying many people who go vegan do not do it properly for fucks sake.
    lol. Yeah, he started the his post that way.

He also didn't end it that way. Please, when accusing someone of poor reading comprehension, make sure you have your's on point else you look stupid. Also, all I did was ask him what he thinks a vegan diet is.

Deleted
    Is your inability to get around without a car more important to you than the pollution of an entire planet including those animals you love so much?
    Most relevant pollution is commited by very large scale industries, the sole person doing actions such as taking the buss instead, is symbolic, but not really impactful. Just as is Veganism.