Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Is Trump TRYING To Lose?

Donald Trump will not let it go. He is still talking about the anti-semitic tweet he sent out.

“Donald J. Trump on Wednesday offered a defiant defense of his campaign’s decision to publish an image widely viewed as anti-Semitic — saying he regretted deleting it — and vigorously reaffirmed his praise of Saddam Hussein, the murderous Iraqi dictator.

In the span of 30 minutes, an often-shouting Mr. Trump breathed new life into a controversy that was sparked on Saturday by his posting of an image on his Twitter account of a six-pointed star next to a picture of Hillary Clinton, with money seeming to rain down in the background. The image was quickly, and broadly, criticized for invoking stereotypes of Jews. Mr. Trump deleted it two hours later, and replaced the star image with a circle.

“ ‘You shouldn’t have taken it down,’ ” Mr. Trump recalled telling one of his campaign workers. “I said, ‘Too bad, you should have left it up.’ I would have rather defended it.”

“That’s just a star,” Mr. Trump said repeatedly.

It was a striking display of self-sabotage from a presumptive presidential nominee and underscored the limitations of Mr. Trump’s scattershot approach during the Republican primaries — not to mention how difficult he often makes it for his campaign team to control him.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/us...aign.html?_r=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary, Trump, Hillary, Hillary, Bernie, Trump, Hillary, Trump, Hillary, Hillary, Trump, Bernie, Trump, Trump...

Welcome to MMO Champ 2016!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    He tweeted a star then changed it to a circle. Woopty-Doo. He has already been called a Nazi so many times I don't see how it could possibly matter.

No he isn't trying to lose, being president would be a huge achievement. There is no reason he would fear it.

If he isn't trying to lose then he is doing a bloody awful job at it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    He tweeted a star then changed it to a circle. Woopty-Doo. He has already been called a Nazi so many times I don't see how it could possibly matter.

No he isn't trying to lose, being president would be a huge achievement. There is no reason he would fear it.
    Being the worst president ever would also be an achievement. And his chances for that one are quite high, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post

The woopty-doo this isn't a one off, its one in a history of and it was lifted from a white supremacists twitter

CONFIRMED: Trump is a plant from the Clinton Campaign to throw the GOP's chances for a white House Victory.

At first it was total conspiracy theory bullshit, but now I seriously have to wonder that myself. I mean he has Shillary-Above-The-Law to attack and wasn't shy about doing it earlier as well, but now he is busy praising Saddam Hussein? I mean, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    CONFIRMED: Trump is a plant from the Clinton Campaign to throw the GOP's chances for a white House Victory.
    In any rational, sane world, that would be the case.

But the world we live in is neither rational nor sane.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is probably like, "WTF, I just mocked the US election system, and suddenly became one of the two main candidates? Quickly, I must do something to bail out of it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    At first it was total conspiracy theory bullshit, but now I seriously have to wonder that myself. I mean he has Shillary-Above-The-Law to attack and wasn't shy about doing it earlier as well, but now he is busy praising Saddam Hussein?
    The real fun part is how people will mentally twist themselves to defend him.

Like how they made up a reason that violating the 14th ammendment, as Trump proposed to do, would be possible, or how they rationalized making torture legal, or how they rationalized banning all Muslims.

Trump just has to say shit, and then people make up reasons for him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The woopty-doo this isn't a one off, its one in a history of and it was lifted from a white supremacists twitter
    Who cares? Policy and arguments are all that matter. The source doesn't matter at all.

Up until a week or two ago I thought that perhaps Trump was some sort of political mastermind who was keeping himself relevant by essentially trolling the American public. And appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Now I think that he is simply an idiot. An idiot who may still possibly end up in the White House, but that seems less likely the closer we inch towards the general election.

I don't think anyone would be able to pay someone enough to purposefully lose the election when they have a chance at winning it. We're talking going down in history here.

If he wanted to lose a better way of doing it would be to start sounding like Crooked Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think people underestimate how incompetent he is.
    Nah, so far he has played the republican crowd like a fiddle and flip flopped how it served him to do that. Now that he is the nominee he suddenly tries to even offend them as well without actually going to the center crowd. Since both candidates are shit the best way to victory is just making the other seem worse than yourself, even a hobo hired from the next street corner could tell him that, no way a professional team wouldn't see that. I'm more inclined to believe that he has one continuous stroke since he was selected than him being that stupid, he'd need live support if that was the case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elarena View Post
    If he wanted to lose a better way of doing it would be to start sounding like Crooked Hillary.
    Lying about planning on giving out free stuff without a big tax hike is effective though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elarena View Post
    But if he stops sounding like a retard, he loses the one thing connecting him to his voter base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The real fun part is how people will mentally twist themselves to defend him.

Like how they made up a reason that violating the 14th ammendment, as Trump proposed to do, would be possible, or how they rationalized making torture legal, or how they rationalized banning all Muslims.

Trump just has to say shit, and then people make up reasons for him.
    I mean the wall was ludicrous enough, wasn't it? Lol.

You remember how a big drawing point of his campaign is the whole "political correctness gone mad" thing? Well, this plays into exactly that. The media saying "omg the Star of David! He's anti-semetic!" and him going "It's just a star you jackasses" doesn't work against him. It in fact plays perfectly to his base. The fact that people don't realize that confounds me. This sort of shit has been a part of his campaign and draw of public appeal from day 1.

If you think this is him somehow trying to lose, you haven't been paying any attention to his campaign to date.