Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Pandaren! No wait, Tauren! No no, Troll!

The choice is fairly arbitrary because they come out pretty close in most cases in terms of raw output. One might be better than the other but it's not going to lead to you getting benched or anything. That being said, the BE interrupt is situationally very useful in raids (possibly PVP too? I don't PVP seriously so i can't say for sure).

AoE interrupt/silence can be very useful for your group if you are trying to force mobs into a cluster to be aoed down (imps on xhul and manno) or as an "oh shit" button when your regular interrupt is on cool down but you still need to interrupt something, like can sometimes happen with fights like Soc. I haven't checked all the Legion fights too extensively as I don't have beta access but there is likely bosses or at least trash pulls that will be in each tier where an AOE interrupt is golden. Alternatively, you could just use it for the rage when a situation for the interrupt isn't present.

Blood elves are really really common though, so any raid group you are in probably has somebody that can use it for mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc master race.

Jk, play what you think looks best. Unless you are in the top 1% of raiding guilds your racial choice will likely not make or break your raid. I've been an Orc Fury Warrior since vanilla and I love how it looks and how the race fits the theme well - although I do admit that it was cooler when we used 1H weapons as opposed to now when we have basically been pigeonholed into 2Hs for the past few expansions. Just waiting for the day they give us non-hunched Orcs, then we'll even be more badass (or play a female Orc for bonus cool points).

My second favorite is probably Tauren, just due to their massive size and stance and how they hold their weapons. Undead is an underrated one in my opinion and it's always cool to see UD Warriors around.

Male Belf is by far the best looking race in the game. It being the best choice in both the Utility and DPS metrics is also a bonus.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Troll looks brilliant imo. Also the Zerking-buff is great.

I do prefer Tauren due to size, and Brawn. And War Stomp is a great tool for trash.

The only worthwhile situation to be a specific race was to be Human for the trinket racial in PVP, something that is gone in Legion. I think you should just play what you think looks best, which is why I have always remained Tauren on my Warrior, and have never done a race change on any character. I also have an Orc and a Human Warrior at 100 though, and they look cool too!

These race threads come up every time, it's always the same answer.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Hibbity who-blah!
    Oh, I know. I just love irritating you.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I don't think you met your objective.

On topic: play what you'll enjoy long-term race wise, whether min/maxed, aesthetic, or both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do what I do. Make multiple warriors.(across 3 accounts I have 10. Totally not excessive)

I used to be orc female and switched to female BE. Aesthetically, I regret my choice, the armors feel way too small, similar thing for the weapons. On the other hand though, the AoE silence is insanely useful, especially if you plan on doing Mythic+ dungeons. Really depends what's your goal. If it's only to raid, I'd go with Orc because their armors look the best (female though, male look horrible with that weird posture).

Deleted
    Undead is the only valid choice. You will gain gazillions of DPS through sheer badassery!

Aesthetically, male orcs, trolls & undead with swords looks silly to me (posture doesn't look right to be swinging 2 swords). If you plan on transmogrifying into swords the entire life of the character, pick a different gender or race.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    you could at least do that without spreading factually wrong information

I'm really wanting to go Blood Elf but the animation bugs are killing it for me

https://www.twitch.tv/jphinz/v/76226386

I've tweeted this to a couple people at blizzard and posted on bug forum with no response. Do you think it will get fixed before launch or do I just have to deal with it?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm really wanting to go Blood Elf but the animation bugs are killing it for me

https://www.twitch.tv/jphinz/v/76226386

I've tweeted this to a couple people at blizzard and posted on bug forum with no response. Do you think it will get fixed before launch or do I just have to deal with it?
    I've not been playing BElf so I don't even know what the bug is. It's a good idea when submitting bugs to treat people like they're stupid, especially when they deal with a lot of different subjects. Detail exactly what the bug is, why it isn't working how it should be, and what the implications (if any) there are. Pictures and videos help, but only if there's readily apparent instructions or context as to what we're looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I've not been playing BElf so I don't even know what the bug is. It's a good idea when submitting bugs to treat people like they're stupid, especially when they deal with a lot of different subjects. Detail exactly what the bug is, why it isn't working how it should be, and what the implications (if any) there are. Pictures and videos help, but only if there's readily apparent instructions or context as to what we're looking at.
    O yeah I guess it's not super clear. When you strafe or jump during slam (or whatever animations share with slam) the top half of your body spins and your legs stay the same, you look like a G.I Joe action figure.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    O yeah I guess it's not super clear. When you strafe or jump during slam (or whatever animations share with slam) the top half of your body spins and your legs stay the same, you look like a G.I Joe action figure.
    Gotcha. Probably more noticeable to someone who plays BElf regularly; I was wondering if you meant it was using the wrong animation for Slam (weird that Slam is a spin, but whatever).

Now that you've pointed it out, I definitely notice it. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to resubmit the issue along with the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Creonptc View Post
    Undead Warrior is best warrior
    This guy gets it.

Go troll or go home :^]

Lately I've been more and more tempted to race change to a Female Belf cause I'm a scrub and want to have a backup silence for when I miss my own interrupt.