Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World First contenders and early Legion

Legion is bringing some new elements to the PvE race. Artifact weapon leveling will give an advantage. There are crazy impactful legendaries to be somehow farmed. On top of that, there are mythic+ dungeons which may award some high ilvl pre-raid gear, aswell as the good-old leveling and gearing alts for multiple heroic runs.

How is all that gonna affect the world first contenders for this tier? What will these guilds do in the first weeks of Legion? Prioritize leveling as much as possible their main spec artifacts? But who knows if a balance patch right before mythic might change the spec spectrum?
    What about legendaries? Will they target specific legendaries for specific classes in forming their roost? Will they even try to exploit the potential of these legendaries by stacking a spec with a specific legendary in order to beat a certain fight?
    How will they find time to level and gear alts with all that to do? How important alt raids will be?

I'm curious about what they will choose to do, their different paths and outcomes, how much luck will affect this preparation.
    What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, if I remember correctly, mythic and mythic+ dungeons unlock with Emerald Nightmare, at which point every top guild will do multiple raids for gear.
    Second, besides Serenity, there are not many guild left that can fight them toe to toe (in my opinion).
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

mythic+ will not really have any impact on world first races since it only unlocks once mythic raid opens and once that happens they won't spend time doing dungeon.
    Atleast if it goes like Highmaul where the endboss wasn't so much of a gearcheck. If it ends up being a gearcheck and they have already done all their heroic runs they might choose to do some mythic+ (especially near the end of a week for the weekly chest) but I think most are expecting Emerald Nightmare to not last more than one lockout.
    Alts don't really need a lot of gear, they'll have their alts around ~835. The most important thing on alts will be starting the order hall campaign as early as possible to have your 3rd relic slot but alts won't need more time than in other expansions really.

edit: regular mythic dungeons are unlocked immediatly. Mythic+ once mythic EN releases

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Legion is bringing some new elements to the PvE race. Artifact weapon leveling will give an advantage. There are crazy impactful legendaries to be somehow farmed. On top of that, there are mythic+ dungeons which may award some high ilvl pre-raid gear, aswell as the good-old leveling and gearing alts for multiple heroic runs.

How is all that gonna affect the world first contenders for this tier? What will these guilds do in the first weeks of Legion? Prioritize leveling as much as possible their main spec artifacts? But who knows if a balance patch right before mythic might change the spec spectrum?
    What about legendaries? Will they target specific legendaries for specific classes in forming their roost? Will they even try to exploit the potential of these legendaries by stacking a spec with a specific legendary in order to beat a certain fight?
    How will they find time to level and gear alts with all that to do? How important alt raids will be?

I'm curious about what they will choose to do, their different paths and outcomes, how much luck will affect this preparation.
    What do you guys think?
    Mythic+ doesn't come out until raids. It will almost be a non factor outside the end of week item which will be 875+ for most high end pushers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Second, besides Serenity, there are not many guild left that can fight them toe to toe (in my opinion).
    them being?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    them being?
    Serenity....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    them being?
    The whole hardcore raiding team of Method, minus Sco and Rogerbrown, who were not really big parts of the raid team in HFC.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Most of what you say does not mean "only the world fist people should care about them". Anyone can follow some guidelines.

Prioritize leveling as much as possible their main spec artifacts? But who knows if a balance patch right before mythic might change the spec spectrum?

Good point. It's a bad idea to give everything on one spec. The fist 13 ranks are relatively easy so one could in fact slow down or hoard some power after those.

Unless 5mans are a big deal for some people (they actually are a big deal for many) , one could hoard power and never use it until the raids.

I doubt they're gonna bench much because of that because even they can't bench some people (e.g. imagine benching the raid leader) but they could do it for less important players, like when having to choose between two trials.

Those people are always "crazy". They take 14 days off work at least to play for 16 hours each day. It's pretty rough and it's something some people won't want or be able to do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how often PvP loot actually drops, I'd be surprised if arena isn't the best avenue for acquiring really high iLvL loot in the first week. Without set bonuses you're strictly going by item level, and if rating indeed influences how high of iLvL you can get, it stands to reason that high level arena is likely the best avenue to obtain gear. Perhaps being even more time efficient than the conventional method for past expansions of making a legion of alternate characters, leveling and gearing them and then doing split runs.

That is of course unless they disable you from being able to obtain higher iLvL PvP gear the first week until mythic comes out the following week. Basically capping it on the first week so that regardless of your arena rating, you can't really get a piece of gear that is higher than the highest heroic possibility on that given week.

Even if they capped arena and slowly allowed the highest item level possible to slowly bump up as the season goes on, as long as the baseline is high enough, it might be a pretty valuable use of high end raiders time for the first couple weeks of gearing. High end PvPers don't always go hand in hand with high end PvE guilds, but most guilds at the highest level usually have gladiator level players who are on their raiding roster in some number. Some guilds obviously more than others.

Again depends on the behind the scenes numbers and how PvP gear is acquired, but it would be quite interesting if the first couple weeks for high end raiders was just arena spam in the off chance of getting gear, rather than alt spam with split runs.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Unless 5mans are a big deal for some people (they actually are a big deal for many) , one could hoard power and never use it until the raids.
    (...)
    Those people are always "crazy". They take 14 days off work at least to play for 16 hours each day. It's pretty rough and it's something some people won't want or be able to do.
    Yeah i think you're spot on. They'll probably just bank most of their artifact power until the very day of mythic raiding, when they know which spec to go etc.

Regarding taking vacation, this might just become more important. They'll need of course to put full time once mythic is out. But even before, in the weeks of preparation. If you're playing 12 hours a day and your competitor is playing 16 hours a day for whole weeks, the artifact power difference might be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    That is of course unless they disable you from being able to obtain higher iLvL PvP gear the first week until mythic comes out the following week. Basically capping it on the first week so that regardless of your arena rating, you can't really get a piece of gear that is higher than the highest heroic possibility on that given week.
    Good call. Arena might play a part indeed. But if i remember correctly they said the reroll chance is capped in regard to raids released.

Most of what you say does not mean "only the world fist people should care about them". Anyone can follow some guidelines.

Prioritize leveling as much as possible their main spec artifacts? But who knows if a balance patch right before mythic might change the spec spectrum?

Good point. It's a bad idea to give everything on one spec. The fist 13 ranks are relatively easy so one could in fact slow down or hoard some power after those.

I doubt they're gonna bench much because of that because even they can't bench some people (e.g. imagine benching the raid leader) but they could do it for less important players, like when having to choose between two trials.

No one takes 2 weeks off work to play 16h a day i'm sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last world 1st race people were already complaining that it took way 2 long for them to complete it because reason and they had to go back to work.

No one plays 16h a day for 2 weeks either it is just not functional you wont be able to perform at all if you do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No one takes 2 weeks off work to play 16h a day i'm sorry to burst your bubble.
    It was on the application of Method.. verbatim.

It was on the application of Method.. verbatim.
    I repeat my self no one does that.
    They may take days of work even 2 weeks vacations but no one spends 16h a day infront of the pc.

Not for more then 2-3days tops after that its counter productive especially during progression.

They may take days of work even 2 weeks vacations but no one spends 16h a day infront of the pc.

Not for more then 2-3days tops after that its counter productive especially during progression.
    In the past the top guilds have averaged 12-16 hours for over a week. There's also guilds like exorsus managing nearly 20 hours 4 days in a row iirc in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    In the past the top guilds have averaged 12-16 hours for over a week. There's also guilds like exorsus managing nearly 20 hours 4 days in a row iirc in cataclysm.
    4days in a row is not 2 weeks do you even number?
    No guild i repeat no guild can raid 16h a day for 2 weeks period.
    Not Paragon not Serenity no one can do that it is just physicly and mentally draining.

Yes they will take the days off 2 weeks or what not but in those 2 weeks they will push 3-5days tops for around 15h a day and after that they will cut down the hours.

Again please...........

I'm sorry that 5 days of 16 and 2 of 8-12 is so different

Maybe you should be doing 'math' here, since that's extraordinarily close. It's a top end number but it's a completely valid one to bring up. You're acting as if they don't even raid close to that when in fact, they do.

Since multi-launched raids they've lowered their general raid times because they can't cope with this back to back every month or two, f.ex. back in MoP they were putting in double digit hours everyday, but stepped down to 8-10 for HoF/ToES
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    no one spends 16h a day infront of the pc.

Speak for yourself, I do that every day, all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm sorry that 5 days of 16 and 2 of 8-12 is so different

Maybe you should be doing 'math' here, since that's extraordinarily close. It's a top end number but it's a completely valid one to bring up. You're acting as if they don't even raid close to that when in fact, they do.

Since multi-launched raids they've lowered their general raid times because they can't cope with this back to back every month or two, f.ex. back in MoP they were putting in double digit hours everyday, but stepped down to 8-10 for HoF/ToES
    8 is 8 12 is 12 neither is 16.
    Again wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Speak for yourself, I do that every day, all year long.
    Well i feel sad for you.

Deleted
    8 is 8 12 is 12 neither is 16.
    Again wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i feel sad for you.
    You should feel happy instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea dont think there is currently any guild that would challenge Serenity. The question is who will be second =P