Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point of it. Or any other pokemon game either o: But it's worth a try once it's available here as well.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's fascinating to first look at, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of longevity. It's pretty repetitive and other than people who become obsessed with collecting them all for the sake of collecting them all, I think most will get pretty bored before too long unless they add in some more goals or PVP.

This game is an endless generator of amusing news:

"What was the world like before Pokémon Go came into our lives and sucked our phone’s battery dry? If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon, the game uses actual locations to serve as pokestops to collect pokeballs and gyms to battle your Pokémon. One particular location of a gym just so happens to be the Westboro Baptist Church, the well-known hate group that recently attempted to protest the funerals for victims of the Orlando Pulse Nightclub Shooting, but instead got totally owned. Now, the Westboro Baptist Church is in another heated battle, this time regarding Pokémon Go.

This weekend, a Pokémon trainer by the nickname Pinknose claimed the WBC gym using a Clefairy by the name LoveIsLove; a popular phrase for the LGBTQ+ rights movement."

http://uproxx.com/webculture/westbor...mon-go-battle/

Even the WBC plays it.

Everytime someone hypes up Pokémon Go they talk about the social aspect and going out in the environment. Nigga you could go for a walk in the park for centuries but now that 100 weedles live there its cool? Don't get me wrong I got my ghastly and my dratini but its fun for like 5min and I go about my business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I don't like Pokemon, think I grew up just outside its influence. I have heard the game already killed someone cause they walked off a bridge playing it though.
    the game didnt kill them their stupidity did
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

I don't get it! I climbed across a fallen tree and caught a Ghastly and then wondered why I'd bothered. I can barely do anything with him, and all I did was flick my screen to catch him.

I hate the feeling that I'm getting old, but I just don't understand the appeal without a proper battle or story system.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Why are all the pokemon go threads in gen OT? Don't they belong to the gaming sub forum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I don't get it! I climbed across a fallen tree and caught a Ghastly and then wondered why I'd bothered. I can barely do anything with him, and all I did was flick my screen to catch him.

I hate the feeling that I'm getting old, but I just don't understand the appeal without a proper battle or story system.
    As someone who has played the first pokemon games but no longer cares enough, I have to wonder why people like this one. I get the appeal of being connected with your world or some such nonsense, but to be honest, the games in the 90s offered vastly more than this app.

10+ Year Old Account
    I caught a Mankey here at work and that's all that needs to be said. Mankey is THE SHIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

There is a battle system!

It's just at gyms instead of everywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    There is a battle system!

It's just at gyms instead of everywhere in the world.
    Are you referring to the 2 abilities tap spam fest?
    Well the second ability needs to be charged, but still..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You are referring to the 2 abilities tap spam fest?
    shhhh, it exists.

We had 8 people (red team, fuckers!) hyping up our gym with two blue scum trying to steal it yesterday, was good. It took them all day to wear down our P8 gym and take it

10+ Year Old Account
    they should add rarer pokemon that only appear during bad weather (Blizzards, Thunderstorms)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm incredibly entertained, I don't have any desire to play it myself but I think it's a cool idea and its fun watching all the jokes that come from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    shhhh, it exists.

We had 8 people (red team, fuckers!) hyping up our gym with two blue scum trying to steal it yesterday, was good. It took them all day to wear down our P8 gym and take it
    I take it there was a wall socket nearby so that people could charge their phones?`:P
    You also probably live in a densely populated area, eh? I think the next gym around here is like in the next town from what I heard.

I take it there was a wall socket nearby so that people could charge their phones?`:P
    You also probably live in a densely populated area, eh? I think the next gym around here is like in the next town from what I heard.
    No, actually. I would say we were out there for about an hour, if that.. it's in the middle of a dog park, so people go there since it has benches and shade and is generally nice.

And yeah, this is in a neighborhood a few hours outta LA. There's three gyms within walking distance, a few more within driving distance, and our "historic" section is packed to the brim with pokestops.. wish I was willing to spend gas so I could go there and restock on pokeballs.

There's one literally outside my house, I can battle there without getting off the sofa if I desired
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Keep in mind the game is just base right now. It'll be interesting to see what all they end up adding.

And with the absolute cash cow potential this has, it'll be a fun ride.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Keep in mind the game is just base right now. It'll be interesting to see what all they end up adding.

And with the absolute cash cow potential this has, it'll be a fun ride.
    Well, as for adding something, and being a cash cow, definitely see them adding some kind of deals with retailers where you'll find some super rare pokey dokey in a Target or Walmart or something for a limited time. That'll get people in the store.

Or something similar. The cash grab and cashing in will definitely come at some point. That is, unless this truly is a fad that just fades away very quickly.

As said...

Oh, I have no doubt that it's most likely a fad.

Doesn't stop me from having fun with it.

Or from it reminding me that I'm not as young as I used to be and MAYBE hiking 22km in three days was a bit much for my back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not released here yet so I haven't tried it, but was wondering, what do you do with the pokemons once you've caught them? Is there a story or some sort of progression?