Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And like I said what if it is not policed properly and people just reporting for the fun of it end up getting the person who did nothing wrong silenced? Trolls exist believe it or not and not just as a playable race
    If you dont shittalk then you wont be banned even when 20 people will report you. Similar system is in LoL, theres plenty false reports and noone is getting banned for nothing. Just stop spread8ing this false bulshiit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's a shame the community has degraded to this point. This isn't how the community should be policed. One of the reasons Classic WoW and its community were so superior to now is that there were no Name Changes and so if you wanted to be a successful player in whichever avenue you chose, you had to act like a human being and build a player reputation for yourself amongst your community. That very community policed itself through black lists and social stigmas. If you were ousted as a troll, ninja, etc. , you had no hope of succeeding barring grouping up with others of that nature.

Conversely, this tool will just be a way for SJWs, Trolls, and Communists to silence whoever they target. As long as there is a legitimate investigation (which I HIGHLY doubt) than we've not much to worry about though.
    Honestly like I said. If there is then it's a good system. But this is Blizzard so you know.

Deleted
    No more anal jokes in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by calolifer View Post
    No more anal jokes in trade.
    Good. That and TF spam is irritating to read on Silvermoon EU.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    wtf is this league "toxic" autism doing in my wow
    Pretty sure normies are overrepresented...

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Can I just have a bigger ignore list?
    This x 10000, I'v sent feedbacks to Blizzard throughout the years asking for a bigger ignore list ever since they modified the ignore function for dungeon queues to avoid being placed in the same group as certain players again (I believe it was somewhere in WotLK expac).

Since it turns the ignore function into a tool for quality control, it makes only sense to increase the max number it can contain by order of magnitudes(I wish).

There's always going to be a certain percentage of players that are going to be bad apples whether the player base is at 300k or 12 millions, I think the limit should reflect that reality at least. Instead of having an arbitrary number (50?) that doesn't take in consideration population numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It won't happen more often than it does now
    It will. I can't wait to see you get silenced for something you didn't mean in a negative way, or even do anything at all, but then because its only 24 Hours, be unable to appeal it Won't that be fun for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vile, angry players will be penalized and polite, cooperative players will be rewarded.

This pleases me! ^_^
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Silenced Players Are Unable to:
    Send Party Invitations

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Create Parties and Raids

Somebody already posted this but i didn't see an answer to this. How does that even work?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    wtf is this league "toxic" autism doing in my wow
    League is a tribunal which the players police if I'm not mistaken but still goes to higher ups for the proper investigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    a larger ignore list, and full block of all their toons on that account would be nice
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can't ignore an account, and also people end up filling up their ignore lists. Having some form of silencing for serial annoyances does seem like a good idea.
    So expand the ignore list. Problem solved, and less risk of abuse and less manpower to "investigate"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romoreas View Post
    I didn't realize it was that hard to contain yourself from getting emotional and simply putting a person on ignore?

This actually scares me, Hitler also knew what was good for his community....
    Or maybe Blizzard doesn't want to allow people to spew shit on their private platform? You're not entitled to say what you want on someone's private video game. Comparing it to Hitler is not only godwin as fuck but these situations are nothing alike. Hitler didn't ban people from spamming trade chat with shit jokes.

Nobody relies on World of Warcraft's trade chat to provide them with a platform for their political expression. If you open up trade chat, call someone a nigger faggot, then spam anal jokes, expect to be silenced for being an idiot. No normal player has anything to fear from this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    Silenced Players Are Unable to:
    Send Party Invitations

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Create Parties and Raids

Somebody already posted this but i didn't see an answer to this. How does that even work?
    Indeed. You can't send invites silenced but you can send invites when silenced. Dafuq?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Welcome to 2016, where totalitarian societies are encouraged and freedom of speech is frowned upon! #policetheirkeyboard
    There IS no "freedom of speech" in game or on the Blizzard forums except what they allow. Since they are NOT the government, and both the game and forums are their property, is is very acceptable for them to determine what's allowed there. You don't like it, you're free to play someone else's game, or even design/build your own.

You want to wave the "Freedom of speech" flag and natter on about "totalitarian societies", go learn what the hell the oft-quoted "freedom of speech" actually applies to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    It will.
    Why?

No, really, why?

The report tool is the same. The exact same.

It's the punishment that's getting changed, in favour of the punished, if anything.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those who are worried about this are likely the players that it'll effect the most. Sorry, but you shitlord keyboard warriors with anger issues are going to have to find another way to feel better about yourselves rather than act like an idiot in chat because you weren't hugged enough as a kid.

For those who think this'll be abused? I'm sure it will be but that'll entirely depend on whether or not Blizzard is able to properly investigate the reports. False positives slip through everything already so I'm sure that won't change but to think that every player out there has a Twitter army of level 1 characters or are multiboxers ready to fire off reports is a little bit much. All it takes is cross referencing the reports along with looking at your character's chat and they'll know if you're being a dick or not. If anything, those who create false reports should get the same treatment as those who are properly being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Vile, angry players will be penalized and polite, cooperative players will be rewarded.

This pleases me! ^_^
    Ofc a brony would post that.

Looks like MMO-C need something similar too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But again how do we know if they will half ass it or not? The right click system is half assed to hell. I'm not saying the system is bad but if not done properly it is open to abuse.
    the same way you know they don't half-ass botting reports or other types of reports that already happen?

This is literally the same system implemented on Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft2 and Overwatch. After a high amount of reports(the threshold is probably higher for Wow due to the nature of the game), a GM will review the reports and judge wether or not the player deserves the silence. Then the player will feel like they don't deserve and hilarity ensues