Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    They say upon review, so there will be a human element checking out if the numerous reports are valid, so no abuse.
    It's not likely that they will check up everyone that gets enough reports. I really doubt Blizzard has the manpower to do so.

With the way Legion is designed you'll also have a lot more people being pissed at each other and sending in reports so we'll see people being silenced for no good reason, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Probably saying something mean about the game and hurting all the fanboys feelings. Or valid criticism.
    Or, you know, acting like a retard... If someone feels that he's at risk by this system being implemented, chances are that person is not as eloquent and constructive as he might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Or, you know, acting like a retard...
    Ok example. "I don't enjoy the questing in Azsuna. I just felt it was boring and not very exciting to be in but the other zones were great". I bet you my life savings that the fanboys jump on that and mass report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You still haven't provided a reason as to why trolls would feel more powerful with this than they do with the current report tool, which isn't getting changed.

Currently, Right click -> Report for spam may get someone banned. I don't see why silencing them would be more appealing than that.
    Are you high? I just did. A troll can have a group mass report something they cannot appeal due to the rising ticket timers.

Deleted
    Probably saying something mean about the game and hurting all the fanboys feelings. Or valid criticism.
    If you follow up your valid criticism with '...and that's why you're a fucking retard' then I wouldn't be surprised if people ban you.

As much as many people find it difficult to recognise the difference between criticism and an insult, so too are people unable to string together a criticism without throwing an insult in there.

IF the system is truly regulated by humans, you're not gonna get banned for criticising someone's play. Unless you opened by calling them a retard, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    This is perfect. It was about damn time too!
    Not perfect if it turns into what League of Legends has where pretty much premades in League can troll you to no end and then report you if you even argue with them. I've actually had an email battle with their people who claimed "You were arguing so you got a chat restriction"

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    If you follow up your valid criticism with '...and that's why you're a fucking retard' then I wouldn't be surprised if people ban you.

As much as many people find it difficult to recognise the difference between criticism and an insult, so too are people unable to string together a criticism without throwing an insult in there.

IF the system is truly regulated by humans, you're not gonna get banned for criticising someone's play. Unless you opened by calling them a retard, of course.
    In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised if valid criticism of someones rotation/dps got you silenced.

Ok example. "I don't enjoy the questing in Azsuna. I just felt it was boring and not very exciting to be in but the other zones were great". I bet you my life savings that the fanboys jump on that and mass report it.
    And I bet your life savings that the "fanboys" reporting that, won't have a single impact on you if you really wrote it that constructively, which is rarely the case. There's usually quite a lot of "this sucks!" and "only IDIOTS can enjoy this!!" thrown into those conversations.

I'm very vocal on chat channels and this system doesn't threaten me at all.

Telling someone (on live not in Legion of course) "Using drain life as your filler is not optimal" I'm sure.

Exactly. People capable of giving criticism without stooping to reasoning such as "only fanboys disagree with my OPINION!" shouldn't feel at risk.

Not that giving criticism in-game in chat channels is much more than a waste of time anyway... constructive criticism does more good on the official forums, via the Suggestion form and such.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-12 at 03:22 PM.

I like it. This is great to combat gold sellers. Something blizzard needed to do at launch of wow but better late than never

Indeed. You can't send invites silenced but you can send invites when silenced. Dafuq?
    Start a raid/party - CANNOT
    If you are in a raid/party and you want to invite someone - CAN.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Got a response from a GM on what abusive is:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Things that break our code of conduct and are reported.

Like cursing.
    Spamming.
    Harassment.

This isn't just an automated system, our Game Masters will review under the same rules they always have.
    So basically anything that was reportable/suspendable before is now Silenceable.

Deleted
    In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised if valid criticism of someones rotation/dps got you silenced.
    I'd be surprised if it did. I don't even expect the people who truly deserve a chat ban to receive one. I think that people who reported criticism of a rotation would be pretty much ignored. I still find it hard to believe that there is someone out there sensitive enough to report someone for criticising their rotation.

I both like it and kinda dislike it...
    It depends on how Blizzard will react and control the reports.

Example: trolls will report people for LFM,guild recruits and no matter how many reporters these people should not be silenced.
    I would only report gold seller probably and toxic people, but i never really look in general chats anymore so they don't really bother me.

I hope this system can't be abused by big grps of trolls that just wanna mess with people.

Deleted
    That means no more realm jumps? That was the only thing what kept me playing the game...
    How will the game punish those who silence people without no reason? 48hrs ban? Because without that I know some people who will use their 4-7accounts to silence people all day every day.

It fits here too: ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Are you high? I just did. A troll can have a group mass report something they cannot appeal due to the rising ticket timers.
    They can do that now, with a harsher punishment, and it's not a widespread issue.

Again, this only changes the punishment, not the report tool, which is fine as it is.

Will the debuff applied to these players be called Tyrande's Silence?

I'd be surprised if it did. I don't even expect the people who truly deserve a chat ban to receive one. I think that people who reported criticism of a rotation would be pretty much ignored. I still find it hard to believe that there is someone out there sensitive enough to report someone for criticising their rotation.
    You would be surprised mate. Not wow but FF14 has a few sensitive ones.