Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why would they hire me in a heartbeat?
    I dunno. Probably because you like their games I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Nice, but it is going to be so easy to report people, specially when you have to raid with imbeciles that cant avoid fire. Cant ask them to play better without fear of silence
    "Okay, I think I know what we did wrong. We stood in the fire too long and lost too many people. So let's try again and everyone be a bit more mindful of our positioning."

=-)
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Wow, yes. Overwatch version too pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Regular gm's are the ones that investigate/verify pretty much every report unless it's hacks and exploits.

So yes eventually this will increase ticket times, we'll just have to see how taxing it will be.
    Regular GMs have to investigate/verify every report right now. This doesn't change the report tool, just the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Barrens chat died ages ago.
    Actually, it's quite active atm thanks to the influx of players leveling, at least across the servers I play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...Only if everything you write is either profanity or personal attacks...
    Pretty much this. If you are a jack ass, you have a ton to worry about. If you are a normal everyday player, you are fine. Kinda like the real world. If you are a criminal, prepare to face consequences. If you are a contributing member of society and not a delinquent , you don't anything to worry about.

Also this will help CMs / GMs a lot. It will help weed out the weeds (repeat offenders) so they don't get so many reports about the same person. I love that its account wide too. No more alt harass. It should really be bnet account wide so they can't hop on another account and harass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Actually, you're pretty wrong. I work as a programmer, and I specialize in keeping social spaces 'clean' of garbage posts. I can tell you without a doubt that this system will actually improve ticket times. Bad apples are bad apples, and as you remove them, the purity goes up. Over time people begin to recognize quality, and a lack of disturbances, this creates a culture where people that were on the fence polluters - will just simply not pollute.

If you make it so that the eyes in the sky are always watching, always waiting, then your misbehaving people simply go somewhere else. It does work; and it will make for a more serene experience in World of Warcraft.

If that's the case, why did Blizzard wait 10 years to implement such a good quality system?

Edit: I also don't see how this new implementation is some kind of ground break technology that was just recently discovered.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2016-07-12 at 03:39 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regular gm's are the ones that investigate/verify pretty much every report unless it's hacks and exploits.

So yes eventually this will increase ticket times, we'll just have to see how taxing it will be.
    It'll be taxing as long as they don't offer stupid prizes for those who play stupid games like logging false reports. There should be a strike system in place for them just as much as there is one for those who are getting reported for legitimate reasons.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I love this. While yes there is an ignore list I'd rather see morons who spam trade with stupid crap cop punishments. We shouldn't have to resort to ignoring someone just to shut them up when they are being offensive or spamming crap in chat when they know damn well it's inappropriate. How funny it would be if someone were stupid enough to get themselves silenced for years!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Incorrect. Because they come back on a worthless account and don't care about future penalties.

A penalty has them come back on the valuable account - with a bit more trepidation before the next offence.
    Yeah and when that account gets banned, they lose money again, and so on, eventually they run out. The problem is that blizzard is very lazy in this regard and doesn't want to spend resources in constantly checking, they use their 6 month ban system so they think it keeps them away for 6 months and they can deal with the problem then. That's the real reason behind it, not because it's psychologically proven, because that's just pure bs.

about friken time

Deleted
    I can't wait for this change to hit EU Argent Dawn, so many bullshit people spamming the trade channel 24/7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Regular GMs have to investigate/verify every report right now. This doesn't change the report tool, just the punishment.
    Afaik they don't even bother with spam reports, just so you know. I reported someone over the course over a year via that report tool that used racist slurs, never suspended, always playing, when I opened a ticket, got banned the same week for it. So yeah, I highly doubt they read these 'reports'.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It'll be taxing as long as they don't offer stupid prizes for those who play stupid games like logging false reports. There should be a strike system in place for them just as much as there is one for those who are getting reported for legitimate reasons.
    The problem with that is having to check every report twice. Once for the reported, and if found innocent, again to see if the people who reported them had ill intentions, which of them did, which of them didn't. You can't be sure what intentions someone had when they right-clicked someone's name and then left-clicked "Report for Spam".

Trying to find a connection between each reporter and the rest to see if they're multiboxers, part of the same group, raid, guild or friends in Facebook can take a lot of time. It's not always as easy as reading someone say in guild/raid chat "hey, let's report X and get them silenced for fun!". You'd have to check their whispers, every channel they were in at the moment, even /say. This, again, for every reporter.

Afaik they don't even bother with spam reports, just so you know. I reported someone over the course over a year via that report tool that used racist slurs, never suspended, always playing, when I opened a ticket, got banned the same week for it. So yeah, I highly doubt they read these 'reports'.
    Anything they currently consider can be safely banned automatically will probably be automatically silenced. Everything they do manually now, they'll do manually after this.

And a ticket will always have priority over a "right-click -> report for spam".
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-07-12 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Welcome to 2016, where totalitarian societies are encouraged and freedom of speech is frowned upon! #policetheirkeyboard
    There he is, the "Doesn't understand what free speech means" dude, as expected.

Thank god...had some retardes trade stuff some-times that goes trough my filters, even trough I have a ton...like when ppl chatting.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Summary for new readers:

1. This is the WORST thing EVER
    2. This is the BEST thing EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I can't wait for this change to hit EU Argent Dawn, so many bullshit people spamming the trade channel 24/7.

Good point you brought up. On low-pop servers this is not a big issues, however, high-pop is a different story. How will Blizzard deal with all the, "Join my guild," "I want to join a guild," and Arena/CM/R BG carry spam.

Thing is that some of them are 'Walls of Text' which can sometimes engulf 1-2 other post within trade/general chat. So, what happens? The person who had their message eaten up by the *Wall of Text* will post their message again, and maybe 1 other time since the *Wall of Text* is being spammed over and over (Could be multiple guilds looking for recruits ect). Rinse and Repeat with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Also something to keep in mind. What would stop a guild leader from going to his/her guild, and asking his guild to report some X guild member who he/she doesn't like (Vendetta). (Also, keep in mind that this guild leader is very popular in his/her guild and loved by his/her guild mates)

Now, this is just an example, and not saying this would always happen, but it's still a legit concern when considering this method.
    If the targeted person never posts anything in chat that's actionable, nothing will happen.

It's very simple. Don't shit-talk, spam, or play the Anal game in trade, and that guild can report you all day, and nothing will happen.

There has to be proof of abuse. A guild can't just make up stuff and get people silenced.

So watch what you post - and you'll have nothing to worry about, ever.

Imagine that, people will have to think before posting. It's like Blizzard wants that to happen. Crazy talk, I know!

Maybe ppl will start using the right channels for the right things. Im happy about this.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM