Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He honestly isn't totally wrong, considering how much violence is attributed to drug gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You should have stopped at 10,000 Orlong. tsk tsk
    Would have been a great opportunity to reboot the Orlong franchise

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Could always do what the new police chief in the philippine's does now, killing drug dealers and criminals on sight. The people love it.
    That's because people are oppressive asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If you're poor and you're spending your money on drugs, that's your problem right there. People making shitty choices and life and blaming the law lol. I am glad my poor parents didn't spend money on drugs and instead focused on me getting a good education.
    That's still not a justification to actually ban drugs. It's more hypocrisy from conservatives... who want to blame the tool, and not the person.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole war on drugs thing is stupid.

It should only be illegal if you manufacture and distribute. Jailing someone for using is just stupid. If you want to ruin your life by getting high on heroin go for it. I really don't care.

The only addition I'd add to that is you are endangering someone else. As in you are a parent and getting high on heroin or whatever while your toddler is there.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's because people are oppressive asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

That's still not a justification to actually ban drugs. It's more hypocrisy from conservatives... who want to blame the tool, and not the person.
    And whos going to cover the cost of the drug users medical bills, and legal bills when they do stupid shit while high?

Deleted
    And whos going to cover the cost of the drug users medical bills, and legal bills when they do stupid shit while high?
    Just end the war on drugs and use a small portion of it's costs to cover those bills. End up saving a ton of money.

I don't know if the war on drugs really can be considered a root cause, but this war on drugs isn't helping at all.

Obligatory video:
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Just end the war on drugs and use a small portion of it's costs to cover those bills. End up saving a ton of money.
    You don't think we would see an increase in drug users if it was legal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't know if the war on drugs really can be considered a root cause, but this war on drugs isn't helping at all.

Obligatory video:
    [video=youtube;wJUXLqNHCaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI[/]
    Try linking a source that weighs pros and cons and I will take it more seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Multiple members of the Nixon administration that implemented the "War on Drugs" have admitted at this point that it was a smokescreen to institutionalize racist policies as a counter to the Civil Rights movement. This is not news, despite the fact that we have a disturbingly large percentage of the population that refuses to see it.
    I was wondering if someone was going to mention this before me. Thank you

It'll never be ended because it'll threaten that Cartel/CIA monopoly on drug production/distribution as well as hurt the for profit prison business. Far too much money involved.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The drug users themselves. Or, they can die in a gutter for all I care. Freedom is awesome.

Try linking a source that weighs pros and cons and I will take it more seriously
    There's links to cited sources in the video description.

And there's of course the wiki.

Bonus video:
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Does he not realize the war on drugs was specifically initiated to harass and jail minorities ? With all the money the government makes stealing then reselling drugs, they won't ever stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If youre poor, where are you getting money for drugs?
    Crime. There's a direct correlation between drug use and crime, since one is expensive and the other helps pay for it. Just like there's a direct correlation between people being lower-educated being lower-income, and being lower-income and having a lower education increases the likelihood of doing drugs, and thus committing crime.

And if youre poor shouldnt you spending your money on necessities like food and shelter instead of drugs?. Maybe if they didnt do drugs they wouldnt be poor. Where is the personal responsibility?
    Drugs will ruin people's lives, no doubt, but it's probably more likely that people do drugs because they're poor via the explanation above. Also, people who are poor shouldn't smoke cigarettes or drink, since cigs and alcohol are expensive and aren't necessities like food and shelter, but this crazy thing called "addiction" and "dependency" laugh at your assertions.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a bigger "root cause" is the proliferation of handguns in the country. Police end up a lot more on edge and fearful knowing that anyone they stop could be armed.

- - - Updated - - -

Who covers those costs for people who do stupid shit while drunk?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think a bigger "root cause" is the proliferation of handguns in the country. Police end up a lot more on edge and fearful knowing that anyone they stop could be armed.

- - - Updated - - -

Who covers those costs for people who do stupid shit while drunk?
    Are you saying legal drug use wouldn't already tax that situation even further? Insurance premiums would go up, hospitals would be more over crowded. And lol comparing addictive hard drugs to alcohol.

7+ Year Old Account
    “The root is the war on drugs, I believe. Police knocking down doors, shooting first,” Johnson said in an interview Friday in Washington. “If you are (black and) arrested in a drug-related crime, there is four times more likelihood of going to prison than if you are white. And shooting is part of the same phenomenon.”

He spews opinion not backed up by fact ( stats show otherwise)

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying legal drug use wouldn't already tax that situation even further? Insurance premiums would go up, hospitals would be more over crowded. And lol comparing addictive hard drugs to alcohol.
    Not really, no. Hardcore junkies aside (who do this sort of thing regardless of legality), most people aren't going to increase the frequency of their use all that much. If you get drunk once a week today, you'll probably get drunk or high once a week in the future.

And alcohol IS an addictive hard drug.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-07-12 at 05:59 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, the war on drugs has always had a racial component behind it. More white people use and deal drugs than black people (both in terms of raw numbers and percentages), but black people are much more likely to be arrested and/or shot over drugs.

That’s when I asked the question, well, don’t they sell drugs out in Potomac and Springfield, and places like that? Maybe you all think they don’t, but statistics show they use more drugs out in those areas than anywhere. The special agent in charge, he says ‘You know, if we go out there and start messing with those folks, they know judges, they know lawyers, they know politicians. You start locking their kids up; somebody’s going to jerk our chain.’ He said, ‘they’re going to call us on it, and before you know it, they’re going to shut us down, and there goes your overtime.'”

- Former U.S. Marshal and DEA Agent Matthew Fogg, interview for Brave New Films

Deleted
    You don't think we would see an increase in drug users if it was legal?
    You think people are walking around thinking "oh man I wish heroin was legal, I'd so shoot up tonight"?

No. There wouldn't be an increase in drug users.

https://mic.com/articles/110344/14-y...at-s-happening