Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Can't wait to see you get banned/silenced for abusing it.
    Can't wait to see you get banned/silenced for abusing people who abused it. I for one welcome our new Orwellian chat system where everyone is reporting everyone else, now my video game can be just like the real world where someone deciding their feelings have been hurt can screw your entire day up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    It's the same exact policy they're implementing into WoW. Almost word for word.

So yes, auto-silence = 24 hr ban the first time. Want to appeal that? Well you gotta wait over 24 hours just to get your appeal seen.

Have fun being silence no matter what if you anger the trolls!
    I find it difficult to believe that the auto ban lasts longer than a match. I don't play MOBAs so I have next to no experience with HOTS. Also, maybe not feed the trolls?

Deleted
    Can it be used on NPCs? There is someone in Dalaran...

Deleted
    There are so many horrible, horrible, lazy, semi afk, slacking ..... "people" that it's really hard sometimes not to be offensive. My patience only goes this far. I see that it only counts for instance chat and trade chat not for /s or /me so can still tell them my opinion. Couldn't care less for the hur hur chat ban.

But really what's up with this douche shit nowadays.. everyone is so butthurt and can't take "feedback" anymore. The world is going far too soft.
    Last edited by mmocc92de53b79; 2016-07-12 at 05:40 PM.

Damn, wish this was around while WoD was going on. Guild was like non-stop spamming for their shitty guild recruitment , had multiple members doing it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Can it be used on NPCs? There is someone in Dalaran...
    Are you tired of raising your eyes to the skies?

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    But really what's up with this douche shit nowadays.. everyone is so butthurt and can't take "feedback" anymore. The world is going far too soft.

You know it's not feedback to tell something they suck donkey balls. You achieve pretty much nothing. No one is going to say "Oh, that really skilled player told me I sucked donkey balls and he is right! I'm going to set out to be a new person and start raiding mythic tomorrow!"

Berating other players because they don't meet someone else's expectations deserves to be silenced. I'm curious why so many are getting butt hurt about it? Does it hurt your feelings that you can't tell people whatever you want without any consequences?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-07-12 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    and observe? Why would I? Such action is illogical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mathiaslindberg View Post
    This is the worst thing Blizzard has done to the game since LFR.
    Totally agree.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for all those trolls in trade chat

... not!

I think it’s a great mistake to write off what is happening on Battle.net right now as the demands of coddled WoW players looking for more coddling.

Forty percent of casuals favor Blizzard restrictions on Trade chat banter. 40 percent!

That is high. Let me put my Hearthstone cards on the table: I am not one of those casuals.

I think this is a distinct discussion from the one about carving out safe space, and it’s worth having. Speaking up in favor of WoW free speech as a principle is a tricky business for a simple reason: The impact of trolling is not evenly distributed. It is easier to view the theoretical curtailing of trolling as The Real Villain when you have never had and can never have the experience of being on the receiving end.

Mistaking a conversation about gamer grills for one about principle can create an unwinnable argument. You can’t argue with another person’s Raid experience. “That happened to you? Well, it didn’t happen to ME!” is not an effective counterargument. “You shouldn’t feel that way” is a nonstarter.

It’s clear: People are undergeared. They are fed up and they are speaking out. We are at a tipping point of Warcraft history.

Don't let the SJWs win.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Can't wait to see you get banned/silenced for abusing it.
    You seriously think they're going to ban and silence people for doing it? What kind of world are you living in. LOL
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    You seriously think they're going to ban and silence people for doing it? What kind of world are you living in. LOL
    In a world of adults, where companies actually enforce their rules. But go on, abuse it to your heart's content, the faster you are removed

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    I think it’s a great mistake to write off what is happening on Battle.net right now as the demands of coddled WoW players looking for more coddling.

Forty percent of casuals favor Blizzard restrictions on Trade chat banter. 40 percent!

That is high. Let me put my Hearthstone cards on the table: I am not one of those casuals.

I think this is a distinct discussion from the one about carving out safe space, and it’s worth having. Speaking up in favor of WoW free speech as a principle is a tricky business for a simple reason: The impact of trolling is not evenly distributed. It is easier to view the theoretical curtailing of trolling as The Real Villain when you have never had and can never have the experience of being on the receiving end.

Mistaking a conversation about gamer grills for one about principle can create an unwinnable argument. You can’t argue with another person’s Raid experience. “That happened to you? Well, it didn’t happen to ME!” is not an effective counterargument. “You shouldn’t feel that way” is a nonstarter.

It’s clear: People are undergeared. They are fed up and they are speaking out. We are at a tipping point of Warcraft history.

Don't let the SJWs win.
    I for one have already made sure I've adapted for whats to come. And I can say for certainly that holy shit do I feel better about myself and folks around me tend to be much nicer. Being constructive is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    This in and of itself is toxic behavior, having views that certain age groups are this and that is toxic and if displayed in game i sure as hell will report it now when we hopefully can get some of the tradechat nazis that think they are moderators of trade chat actually silenced
    Good thing there is an investigation involved. So you can't just report people without cause. So no use trying your vengeful tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblinz View Post
    Good thing there is an investigation involved. So you can't just report people without cause. So no use trying your vengeful tactics.
    Good thing, because that investigation would prove the reporter correct

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post

/shrug But seriously ignore is there for a reason.
    This, I think it's overkill, it's an mmo, talking is big part of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

You know it's not feedback to tell something they suck donkey balls. You achieve pretty much nothing. No one is going to say "Oh, that really skilled player told me I sucked donkey balls and he is right! I'm going to set out to be a new person and start raiding mythic tomorrow!"

Berating other players because they don't meet someone else's expectations deserves to be silenced. I'm curious why so many are getting butt hurt about it? Does it hurt your feelings that you can't tell people whatever you want without any consequences?
    What i mean is the players who don't even bother to listen to tactics, keep failing and failing without adjusting. What fun is there in playing a game you don't want to improve in or listen to tactics that work. If you don't like that, then raiding or any instanced gameplay is not for you. You can always go outside and make friends while playing pokamon go.

trolls beware lol

This is awesome. Grats to Blizz for doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Not perfect if it turns into what League of Legends has where pretty much premades in League can troll you to no end and then report you if you even argue with them. I've actually had an email battle with their people who claimed "You were arguing so you got a chat restriction"
    League has no character investment. Losing that Warrior that you've had since Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk because you're an ass is much more effective than losing a two-years account at a F2P game.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..