Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    This, I think it's overkill, it's an mmo, talking is big part of it.
    Be honest though. With some of the toxic and hateful people that infest trade chat, LFR and PUG's, would you really want to talk to them? I sure as Hell don't.
    At least this could be a way to punish said toxic behaviour and maybe deter people from using anonymity to get away with acting like a complete asshat.

american game
    hates freedom of speach
    bad idea from Blizzard i see many ppl getting abused and leaving the game

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    What i mean is the players who don't even bother to listen to tactics, keep failing and failing without adjusting. What fun is there in playing a game you don't want to improve in or listen to tactics that work. If you don't like that, then raiding or any instanced gameplay is not for you. You can always go outside and make friends while playing pokamon go.
    Doesn't give you a right to be an ass to them. They don't deserve it, unless they are deliberately being disruptive.

Deleted
    I am very happy that Blizzard has introduced something between ban and "getting away" from penalty. There are plenty of annoying people who spam or abuse, especially when doing LFG/LFR some just don't know how to behave and it is better for them to get 24h time (or more) to cool down.

Those who don't like this system...I guess it's people who are either often trolled (and engage in spam chatting with trolls just to prove them wrong) and are scared to be reported by trolls or those who actually troll and cannot controll own emotions so they abuse other.

I believe that system won't be abused as person must be reported multiple times which means that single troll going on revenge won't be able to get people silenced. On the other side if someone is abusive usually more people report him but not all scream about that in chat or engage him about that. I guess that temporary ban was too much in many cases so this silence penalty will be used more often than ban was.

can't wait for the next anal [insert spell name] spam. this will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    american game
    hates freedom of speach
    Stop using that bullshit "Freedom of speech" excuse. It doesn't make you entitled to act like a prick to someone online.
    If a person said half of the abusive shit to someone's face in real life without the protection of anonymity, they're more than guaranteed to be taking the first Ambulance to A&E.
    Actions need consequences. I think Blizzard are doing the right thing here.

trade chat is gonna get a little bit cleaner

In the end the gold sellers will be the last ones standing just like the cock-roaches

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving so much power to random people on the internet. What could possibly go wrong :S

after investigation,
    Wait.. didn't they already do that? :S why the fuq have i been reporting spammers? >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    What i mean is the players who don't even bother to listen to tactics, keep failing and failing without adjusting. What fun is there in playing a game you don't want to improve in or listen to tactics that work. If you don't like that, then raiding or any instanced gameplay is not for you. You can always go outside and make friends while playing pokamon go.
    The fact that people keep failing is not excuse to abuse them. You don't like how they play then you either explain it to them peacefully, offer solution, demand (politely) better performance or just leave group (and that in between fights, NOT during a fight). It doesn't help to shout at others, even worse some get even more angered and those who didn't even complain suddenly leave because they don't want to group with group that is both bad and filled with chat-hate.

Been in bad group just today so I feel you but it doesn't work to shout at people. Silence penalty is good reminder about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have waited for this day......
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Because stuff like this worked wonders for LoL.

american game
    hates freedom of speach
    Last time I checked Blizzard isn't the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut the front door!
    You mean the channels will be used for their intended purposes now!?

What are global channels with moderators?

american game
    hates freedom of speach

Piss off troll.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ah, explains it. It's pretty damned stupid to bitch and whine about how easy the game has become and how bad people are, when you're partaking in the content aimed towards the lowest common denominator possible.
    No, I just remember the threads upon threads of failures of being able to kill this boss so they increased the rate at which the buff is gained.

Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wait.. didn't they already do that? :S why the fuq have i been reporting spammers? >.<
    On Live right now. Most reports often led to an account ban, depending on how severe the case is.
    This new system is more like giving someone a Time out. If they're abusive, they lose their messaging privileges for 24 hours, which will gradually increase upon repeat offenses.
    It's a much better system, on paper. But time will tell how well it plays out.

As with all moderation, the real question is what will actually trigger it. There are loads of behaviors in the game that get reported but that don't deserve to be, and if any overzealous moderator decides to use this as a means of legislating the content of Trade chat or whatever, then things are going to start getting terrible pretty fast.

A 24 hour silence already feel like a lot of overkill for a lot of situations. Nearly all players who get abusive are doing it in the heat of the moment and don't need nearly that long (let alone longer) to cool down. "Banning" somebody for 8 days when they would probably only be a problem for .01% of that time is something that IS going to happen with this system, and I suspect it's going to happen to a lot of people who would never remotely think it could happen to them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    As with all moderation, the real question is what will actually trigger it. There are loads of behaviors in the game that get reported but that don't deserve to be, and if any overzealous moderator decides to use this as a means of legislating the content of Trade chat or whatever, then things are going to start getting terrible pretty fast.

A 24 hour silence already feel like a lot of overkill for a lot of situations. Nearly all players who get abusive are doing it in the heat of the moment and don't need nearly that long (let alone longer) to cool down. "Banning" somebody for 8 days when they would probably only be a problem for .01% of that time is something that IS going to happen with this system, and I suspect it's going to happen to a lot of people who would never remotely think it could happen to them right now.
    High time some folks grew up fast.