Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    In a world of adults, where companies actually enforce their rules. But go on, abuse it to your heart's content, the faster you are removed
    Trust me. If I reported every single person for spam/abuse nothing would happen to me. You know why? Because you can't prove I"m abusing it.

Please, learn yourself. Its embarrassing.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Anything to stifle free speech. Can't have anybody being offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    So you can still whisp to your wow friends, so if I want to insult someone I just add his chaacter to my wow friends list (which is not reciprocal) and weeeee!

Amazing system...
    And then, instead of silenced, you just get a ban.

Deleted
    Lol everybody will report anyone for every harsh little word. results in zillions of reports blizz can never handle

Quote Originally Posted by Truefacts View Post
    Anything to stifle free speech. Can't have anybody being offended.
    How is that even close to being 'anything to stifle free speech'? They could turn off the chat entirely instead. There could have been live moderation instead. They could censor certain words automatically like they do in some other MMORPGs, and so on. It's actually even better for offenders when this goes live, because instead of what used to a ban for offensive language, will turn into a mute instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well as long as you arent trolling or spamming trade chat, or 4 chat, you wont be reported. Stop fighting this just because if thats the category you fall into you should be silenced.
    The irony of this statement is palpable.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    New Silence Penalty Coming to World of Warcraft
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft offers many opportunities to engage with other players in a variety of ways and to help support positive experiences in these engagements we wanted to inform you of a new silence penalty we will be implementing with the pre-expansion patch for Legion. Depending on the type of report, players who are found to be abusive in chat or engage in inappropriate chat behaviors may be silenced from engaging in certain ways within the game.

The Silence Penalty
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.

Silenced Players Are Unable to:
    • Talk in Instance Chat (Raid, Party, and Battlegrounds)
    • Talk in global channels that are auto joined (such as General or Trade)
    • Create Calendar Invites/Events
    • Send in-game mail
    • Send Party Invitations
    • Send War Game Invitations
    • Send Invitations to Duel
    • Update a Premade Group Listing
    • Create a New List for a Premade Group

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    • Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
    • Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
    • Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
    • Create Parties and Raids
    • Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
    • Share Quests

The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

Silenced players will be receiving a notification when attempting to send a message to a channel in which they have been restricted.The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

By using the in-game report tool to identify players who may be engaging in inappropriate interactions within the various channels, you’ll be helping create the type of community we all want to take part in.

Woot woot the ultimate griefing tool from Blizzard.

Now you get a bunch of fucktard spamming you for spamming because you pwned one of their moronic friends... and you're silenced for 3 years.

Thank you blizzard for fucking up your own game because you refuse to put resources to babysit your fucken chat system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Players will only be silenced after an investigation by Blizzard, so I tend to think that the possibilities for abuse are fairly low.

I'm really excited for this.
    Dude I almost got perma banned asking for donation. There is as much idiotic GMs than they got players.
    Last edited by ipaq; 2016-07-12 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Welcome to 2016, where totalitarian societies are encouraged and freedom of speech is frowned upon! #policetheirkeyboard
    No a free speech issue, as all it does is empower others that think you are an asshole with a way to show you the door.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally!
    Anal Silence!
    The end of the most annoying trend that ever existed on trade chat

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this is going to be abused so much. I can't wait to be silenced for not doing what other players want in a dungeon or a raid that isn't in my guild. Holy shit this is going to be bad. Not only will people kick you but they'll think it's funny to report you as well.

after investigation
    Yeah bullshit a robot does everything.

This doesn't seem like something that can eventually be abused. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see multiboxers and "hardcore" players abuse this and only get a hand slap.

"lol it's just a game"

Not allowed to use in-game mail? Well fuck off Blizzard. Stop back-seat monitoring your own god damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfury View Post
    I have to say I've been playing WoW for 10 years now - and I've never gotten a ban or even a warning once. I've sworn plenty of times on trade / chat / in groups - I've yelled at a few people (nothing ever racist or homophobic) - and I've been directly critical of their playstyle - again, without being overly vulgar. I can't imagine what you have to do to get banned - or how much you have to stir the shit pot - I don't see the average player having any issues with this. I know I won't.
    I don't think that many players care but given what you stated. It looks like you may very well fall into the silenced group eventually.

Everything you listed is a legit, reportable offense that I'd bet blizzard silences you for. No matter how light you think you went. Not a permanent ban mind you.

This has worked fairly well in HotS and I'm thrilled they're adding it to WoW. Sure, there is potential to abuse it as there is with *everything* in this game basically. Most of you whining about it are well aware you're breaking ToS which you agreed to follow. I'm not uptight but when someone is just being an asshole to others for no reason, they need to be silenced for a bit. And Blizz has gotten better about following up on things where mistakes are made. So have a little faith or stop playing if you're so offended. Stop with the "Free Speech" meme material as this isn't government related and quoting all the BS about that is off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This doesn't seem like something that can eventually be abused. At all.
    That's because you where never on the receiving end of a bunch of ragin' nerds you pwned. They will dedicate their life spamming any type of reports on you =D

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    That's because you where never on the receiving end of a bunch of ragin' nerds you pwned. They will dedicate their life spamming any type of reports on you =D
    I thought the "At all." would have been enough, but it wasn't; It's alright! It's difficult to pass sarcasm over simple text. In the end, my bad for not using "/s".

But yes, I completely agree with you. Salty and Trollish people will abuse the hell out of this. And this is something that is simply fixed with the always simple "Ignore"-feature or, if we want to go into "Our current features are not enough, we need more!", a customizable Chat-Filter like Black Desert Online's, in which we can add words and\or sentences and, whatever we put in there, won't appear in our chat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Lol this is going to be abused so much. I can't wait to be silenced for not doing what other players want in a dungeon or a raid that isn't in my guild. Holy shit this is going to be bad. Not only will people kick you but they'll think it's funny to report you as well.

Yeah bullshit a robot does everything.
    what stopping people from just randomly reporting people , will there be someone that makes determination if silence is even required? trolls all day sit in chat just reporting people for no reason

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ha. Holy shit, that was meant to say UNnecessary.

But hey, at least you got to call someone a fanboy, right? And search my post history, for some reason, so... yay?
    LOL good one.

Quote Originally Posted by cadous View Post
    what stopping people from just randomly reporting people , will there be someone that makes determination if silence is even required? trolls all day sit in chat just reporting people for no reason
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

Bolded the answer for you.

totally time to spend some gold for a month and get my multi box farm back up....

and totally abuse the system