Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    The profanity filter applies to everyone, not just the person who is being an ass. I don't want to void out any profanity, maybe just make one jerk shut up. Even then they can make a new character and do the same thing (I don't think the ignore feature works on the bnet account, right?).

Any system can be abused, sure, but I'd like to believe that most of the time its going to be doing good. And if not, then Blizz can make it right.
    Again, shut one jerk up ? .... IGNORE LIST. It's done. So why do we need a function, where having a different opinion / calling some one an idiot for standing in fire (being an idiot) will result in losing most social privileges IN A SOCIAL GAME? This idea is on par with Bnet showing real life names on their public forums. There is no realm where this new system is better or even equal to the one already in game (Ignore list).

I can assure you, as a human being YOU will get irritated and make an outburst that is negative. YOU might find yourself no longer able to act in game for 24 hours because of one lapse in judgement, and after it happens a few more times... You won't even be able to participate in game, as communication is vital in a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    This has me really worried, the ignore system works fine I don't understand why they had to add this I only see room for abuse. Remember when groupfinder came out and 4man guild group would kick pugs because it was fun? remember when the stupid blizzstore helms came out and people were bared from groups or instant kicked from LFR?

tldr ignore system already works and I'm afraid to be muted because some guild thought it would be funny to troll me.
    First of all, blizz will review the reports, if anything, false reports might get the reporters themselves into trouble. And second, use your brain, the person you ignore today is going to be in trade chat a few hours later with a slightly different name and your ignore list will be full of deleted toons after a week. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Good and anyone getting upset over this is probably the type that spams trade/general with cancerous off-topic bullshit nobody wants to read. Go post in forums if you're looking to scratch your Intelligent Discourse™ itch
    And you sound like an easily offended moron that's going to use this system because some one says to you "Hey idiot say out of the fire!"

Protip: You have an ignore list. Use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    First of all, blizz will review the reports, if anything, false reports might get the reporters themselves into trouble. And second, use your brain, the person you ignore today is going to be in trade chat a few hours later with a slightly different name and your ignore list will be full of deleted toons after a week. Duh.
    How about you use your brain? Blizzard can make the ignore list account wide, some people arn't easily offended / don't mind some playful banter from time to time, why is it one persons opinion of "Oh, this guy should be ignored!" now needs to be stuffed down the throats of every one else that disagrees?

I really feel this is going to be abused really severely...
    Can only imagine groups of trolls, or someone with an insane amount of accounts for multiboxing are going to exploit that crap out of this to have Blizzard "Silence" them...

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post

So taken directly from the bay of Blizzdrones as expected chat such as "dps is too low" is considered garbage and will probably be reported as spam. Weither or not you get a GM who is good enough at their job to determine if this is considered harassment will probably be a coin flip.

Brb grabbing popcorn to see how long it takes for this to play out...
    I know isn't this fantastic ? How long do you think till people are being reported for "Being called bad because they were standing in fire and wiping their group".

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    I know isn't this fantastic ? How long do you think till people are being reported for "Being called bad because they were standing in fire and wiping their group".
    And it is entirely possible to have a full year silence...
    The system doesn't have a cap, and doubles the offense with each ban, starting at 24 hours...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Again, shut one jerk up ? .... IGNORE LIST. It's done. So why do we need a function, where having a different opinion / calling some one an idiot for standing in fire (being an idiot) will result in losing most social privileges IN A SOCIAL GAME? This idea is on par with Bnet showing real life names on their public forums. There is no realm where this new system is better or even equal to the one already in game (Ignore list).

I can assure you, as a human being YOU will get irritated and make an outburst that is negative. YOU might find yourself no longer able to act in game for 24 hours because of one lapse in judgement, and after it happens a few more times... You won't even be able to participate in game, as communication is vital in a game like this.
    The game needs this new function, because the /ignore feature doesn't work. Clearly.

Mistakes happen. People will learn to think before they type. And the assholes who abuse the chat channels? Well, they'll be silenced. Working as intended.

Honestly, the only reason anyone could be against this is probably abusing the chat channels. If you cannopt participate in a social setting without being a foul mouthed douchebag, set up a Vent server, and cuss away. But you won't be allowed to do it in WoW now. Boo hoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The may as well just ban repeat offenders because most of them will just unsub if they cant do half of anything lol
    Which is indeed what they used to do.

I suppose with "so many" being put on a "no-warcraft-list" they see they might be losing money by kicking off paying subs, (rude though they may be).

I can be an asshole at times. Sometimes, very rarely, just for fun.. Yeah, I have a childish streak, none of us are perfect. And we all can't be perfect little rays of sunshine. Hell, half the world is ran by assholes anyway, the other half are just unaware... My point being, they probably realize that you should be punished a bit, but not punished to the point of not giving them money every month. LoL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Does it mean trade chat will no longer be a platform to spout garbage?
    No, not in the least.
    Last edited by Violent; 2016-07-12 at 09:31 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post

So taken directly from the bay of Blizzdrones as expected chat such as "dps is too low" is considered garbage and will probably be reported as spam. Weither or not you get a GM who is good enough at their job to determine if this is considered harassment will probably be a coin flip.

Brb grabbing popcorn to see how long it takes for this to play out...
    LOL. Yes, Blizzard will be using one post by a player in the forums as their guidelines. But you run down the valley with your made up flag, crying that the sky is falling. It's fucking hilarious!

Pro Tip: If you report someone for low DPS, that means...nothing. No penalties will happen.

But you keep thinking it will. It's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    safe-space sjw retards have ruined video games forever
    Arguably you have always run the risk of getting punished if enough people reported you abusive typing in WoW. Assuming they genuinely do review every report they only difference is the punishment- instead of a three hour to three day ban from the game you get a day of silence. Again, assuming all reports are actually reviewed and the Whimso bot they use to auto answer tickets isn't handing out auto-silences for every report.

And you sound like an easily offended moron that's going to use this system because some one says to you "Hey idiot say out of the fire!"

- - - Updated - - -

How about you use your brain? Blizzard can make the ignore list account wide, some people arn't easily offended / don't mind some playful banter from time to time, why is it one persons opinion of "Oh, this guy should be ignored!" now needs to be stuffed down the throats of every one else that disagrees?
    It's because I use my brain that I know that the ignore feature is useless. And lol, are you an idiot? If Blizzard could make the ignore fuction that easily they would do that instead of the silencing ban feature, which gives them a lot of work. If it was as easy as flipping a switch it would already be in the game, don't you think? And damn, you call me brainless because I state facts? Did you see what the fuck my first sentence says 'Blizz will review the reports, false reports might get the reporters themselves into trouble'. So as long as you don't swear like a 5 year old, or call others on their dps in an aggressive way, or heck, talk about child rape on trade/general, no one will ban you. If someone gets offended by you then that means that 90% of the time you've been a prick and you got what you deserved, I have NEVER seen anyone reporting someone else in WoW, or any other game for no reason and trust me, I've played a lot of online games. Just keep your shit talk with your friends, who don't get offended, this is a game which children might be playing and I wouldn't want my daughter to see you joke about cocks in general or trade chat because she just wanted to use the channel to make some gold. And you know what? I would report the shit out of you and silence ban you to oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account

LOL yeah "stay out of the fire" is what gets me. Assuming I'm some pug raider that cares about some random. I raid with my guild, son. I get my fill of banter from them. You know what isn't "playful banter"? Morons flooding general/trade with anal [thunderfury] or talking about Trump/Hillary shit when their purpose is to TRADE and talk about the GAME. Sorry to trigger you but I will be using the feature as well as my ignore list for idiots that get butthurt when I beat them in a duel or "steal" their node/quest mob

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    LOL. Yes, Blizzard will be using one post by a player in the forums as their guidelines. But you run down the valley with your made up flag, crying that the sky is falling. It's fucking hilarious!

Pro Tip: If you report someone for low DPS, that means...nothing. No penalties will happen.

Just a hunch but that one player will end up being the typical report that unfairly gets players silenced for things being considered borderline harassment which was my only point.

Nice blizzard, half the wow community is trolls or spammers, this stupid rule is gonna kill wow.

The game needs this new function, because the /ignore feature doesn't work. Clearly.

Mistakes happen. People will learn to think before they type. And the assholes who abuse the chat channels? Well, they'll be silenced. Working as intended.

Honestly, the only reason anyone could be against this is probably abusing the chat channels. If you cannopt participate in a social setting without being a foul mouthed douchebag, set up a Vent server, and cuss away. But you won't be allowed to do it in WoW now. Boo hoo.
    But the ignore list DOES work. The people that don't want to see X Y or Z ignore it, the others who arn't easily offended (Like myself) don't we don't care.

Seriously, who the fuck are YOU or BLIZZARD to police what I can and cannot listen to in a social game? If I want to be exposed to the idiocy of trade chat I DAMN WELL HAVE THE RIGHT TO. This is an example of people unable to adapt to the real world expecting it to change for them, the ignore list is there, it does it's job perfectly.

If blizzard is so concerned about this, all they need to do is make the ignore list account wide, account wide ignore lists would do this for the easily offended morons that can't take jokes.

Fortunately ignore while not account-wide on our side will actually apply to any of their characters on the same account, on any of yours you ignore them on.
    So, while you are on that same character they can't do that.

But the ignore list DOES work. The people that don't want to see X Y or Z ignore it, the others who arn't easily offended (Like myself) don't we don't care.

Seriously, who the fuck are YOU or BLIZZARD to police what I can and cannot listen to in a social game? If I want to be exposed to the idiocy of trade chat I DAMN WELL HAVE THE RIGHT TO. This is an example of people unable to adapt to the real world expecting it to change for them, the ignore list is there, it does it's job perfectly.

If blizzard is so concerned about this, all they need to do is make the ignore list account wide, account wide ignore lists would do this for the easily offended morons that can't take jokes.
    There is a difference between a joke and being offensive.
    The former is not meant to upset others or be destructive.
    The latter is.

People just enjoy being jerks, and it is always someone else's fault when there are consequences to it.
    You should have to face consequences for it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-12 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Man, I remember having fun in guild chat years ago getting in arguments / fights with friends and having newer people to the guild thinking we were legit going at it.

I hope the review process they have prevents dumb stuff like that resulting in silences, the penalties look pretty damn harsh.

Can't help feel, if anything, it'll make an already significantly less social game even less social as some people won't want to even bother being critical of people or joking around because it's simply not worth the risk that someone will be too touchy.

He's not saying that you idiot. He's saying that the guy that says "Dude wtf your dps is so low!!" will get reported. For stating a fact. Period.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-07-12 at 09:35 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Current situation? I might be overlooking it, but what happens today that isn't quickly fixed with a /ignore?

Or, if we want to go a step further ahead, introduce a custom chat filter, that allows the user to add specific words and\or sentences so that sensible people don't even have to see their trigger words at all.
    One of the problems isn't seeing stuff you don't like, it's that non-private/non-guild chat is so often avoided because it has been taken over by people who want to act like brats all day. When people who want to be productive are so often just avoiding the feature, it's not so useful anymore. You can ignore tons of people that deserve to be ignored, but that doesn't change the fact that they are starting arguments with everyone else there, or preventing the decent people there from communicating.

It's because I use my brain that I know that the ignore feature is useless. And lol, are you an idiot? If Blizzard could make the ignore fuction that easily they would do that instead of the silencing ban feature, which gives them a lot of work. If it was as easy as flipping a switch it would already be in the game, don't you think? And damn, you call me brainless because I state facts? Did you see what the fuck my first sentence says 'Blizz will review the reports, false reports might get the reporters themselves into trouble'. So as long as you don't swear like a 5 year old, or call others on their dps in an aggressive way, or heck, talk about child rape on trade/general, no one will ban you. If someone gets offended by you then that means that 90% of the time you've been a prick and you got what you deserved, I have NEVER seen anyone reporting someone else in WoW, or any other game for no reason and trust me, I've played a lot of online games. Just keep your shit talk with your friends, who don't get offended, this is a game which children might be playing and I wouldn't want my daughter to see you joke about cocks in general or trade chat because she just wanted to use the channel to make some gold. And you know what? I would report the shit out of you and silence ban you to oblivion.
    But the ignore list is capable of doing that, you'd be ignoring their Bnet not their name. Simple as that.

Day 1 a million, not even a hyperbole a MILLION reports will be made. Do you think any amount of human beings will be able to go through all ONE MILLION reports to find out if they're legit or not ? Nope. It's going to be an automated system, which if you were unaware, people have been banned, had youtube videos striked ect ect because the automated system is far from perfect. That means day 1 a million reports of "ohhh he said my dps sucked!!!" are going to go through and a huge chunk of people are going to be silenced. For telling some one they sucked, online. Yeah. Pathetic.