Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard has taken possible abuse into account when they designed this. I know many people think Blizzard has a collective IQ less than their shoe size, but assuming they would release a broken feature that ends up in termination of many people's gameplay (through silence affecting things like mail) is beyond baseless.
    Like they taken possible abuse into account when they designed vote kick feature in dungeons? Tell me how long it took them to fix that ? Oh wait, they never did.

So does this mean we can't spam Thunderfury anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    Like they taken possible abuse into account when they designed vote kick feature in dungeons? Tell me how long it took them to fix that ? Oh wait, they never did.
    Vote kick kinda needs to be decided on the spot, there's no time for anyone to wait for a verdict from Blizzard now is there?

Yeah, that can and has been abused so much, but how would you improve the system? Vote kick is a needed feature regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Meh... this is going to backfire. They have the same system in hots. You pick hero that is "wrong" according to someone else, you get reported and silenced without even saying anything. For whatever reason someone may report you and you get silenced.

"But blizz investigates it! THis wont happen unless you are really toxic player!".

Yeah... that what they say. Still in hots you really can get silenced for not ever saying anything. It is probably mostly automated. Once certain number of reports has been reached, it will slap you with silence... no investigating it. After that you need to specifically contact blizz to get the silence off in these cases. It will take time and effort. If you said any single "bad" word somewhere in last few months, you probably won't get silence off.

This would work, if blizz could actually check trough all thos thousands reports every day. They wont.
    Now isn't HoTS f2p? I think a lot of people here are underestimating the power of money when it comes to Blizzard. They run a pretty large risk of losing every day Joe's sub if they allow abuse of the system to run rampant, don't ya think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Now isn't HoTS f2p? I think a lot of people here are underestimating the power of money when it comes to Blizzard. They run a pretty large risk of losing every day Joe's sub if they allow abuse of the system to run rampant, don't ya think?
    Lol so it's ok in HoTS because it's F2P? It's an example. They'll do the same thing in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I dunno about you, but I'd never buy another account if mine got permabanned. Too much effort put for a lifetime on this one.

No offense, but if you can present an opinion that automated system is better for Blizzard...Don't you think they haven't thought about it, let alone honed the system to avoid insane random bans?

It's all about money money money for companies, but conspiracy theories just go overboard on this forum
    Lets wait and see.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Ya it makes someone delicate because they don't want to deal with the same 12 people acting out of character because of the anonymity of the internet. You're probably the softest person in your social group, because of the exact same shit.
    I don't find his argument--that you somehow get tougher by being exposed to asshats--particularly praiseworthy either. Being constantly subjected to bullying might very well make you tougher; but it doesn't meant that we should let the bully's have their way. I like that Blizzard wants to enforce standards.

Now the person who said that blizzard doesn't enforce general chat certainly has a point. I would do deeply love Dars patrolling general forums and ban-hammering people; it's what they need, community forum monitors. In fact, that's why I just don't go there anymore. The mods here keep things from getting (wildly) out of control and I approve of that.

I think you can have freedom of speech without being an absolute ass.

Would also add that I have very, very few people on my ignore list but I have absolutely used the Report button on many occasions. I might need to communicate with some asshat someday and I hate putting them on ignore. But I do report them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think you might be right. It is a shame that it will not carry over to here.
    Here people just get banned. It amounts to the same thing though...they are prevented from posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    So you cannot use the wording of one argument to argue a different conclusion? You should teach.

I'm glad you're sarcastically admitting you used inflammatory and hyperbolic wording to seem like a fascist when you're really just a good guy.

Because one should not be "made to take personal responsibility" for expressing their opinions other than to be ignored by their audience. The onus is on them to better themselves, not you.

Blizzard's automated service that doesn't care a wit about the content in any meaningful fashion. Simply the number of reports can be sufficient. So, you are a judge and jury. Not too hard to follow out.

The only solution you seem to entertain is removal... so you're basically a fascist.
    What?

I am not sarcastically admitting anything. I repeated the words of the poster I quoted. It is not my fault you do not understand that different words, although they might sound similar (that means almost the same, by the way), mean different things. Nor is my fault that you decided go off on some racist hyperbole.

What?

How do you know it will be automated? Even if it is I have no fear of people ganging up on me to report me.

Removal of what?

I hope this will clear up Trade chat to be actually about buying and selling stuff instead of the thunderfury spam bullshit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBaller View Post
    I hope this will clear up Trade chat to be actually about buying and selling stuff instead of the thunderfury spam bullshit
    Probably won't decrease that subject much.

Flame bait should die down, though (offensive outbursts--especially about politics, religion, touchy subjects...)
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Lol so it's ok in HoTS because it's F2P? It's an example. They'll do the same thing in WoW.
    I didnt say it was OK. What I clearly said was that since money is involved Blizzard may be a bit more cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be bad for oceanic servers lol. But I guess some people feel a mature language filter and ignore option isn't enough and that every cunt needs to be punished because mean words.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think its a great idea as long as its not exploited

Signature by Serryn

What? Doesn't Blizzard have a freaking achievement or something named after this?

This is gonna lead people to abuse the system, I can see it now. "insert random politic argument here" Omg i'm reporting this guy he doesn't agree with me wahh wah wahhh.

And it will be automated. The porcelain skin comment was 100% accurate, so many people like to whine and there will be thousands of reports daily, do you honestly think Blizzard will pay people to manually go through and investigate every single report? Lol

I am for an IMPROVED ignore feature of some sort, but this seems like this money could be spent elsewhere like attempting to endure inevitable face plant subs are gonna do 3 months after launch.

My 2c.

This video pretty much sums up my thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8TqgJj0Gw

We have a freaking ignore function already use it. It does seem like a ploy for Blizzard to mute racist/raging players without actually banning them to retain their subscription/money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    [Blizzquote]
    From the wording it seems this will be implemented in 7.0. I love this new policy and I like that the penalty will be perpetually increased. I hope they don't back down on any of it. This has been needed for a long time.
    first off you dont love it , you dont have a reason to love it.
    you never needed it!
    do you know what an ignore button is ?
    THIS HAS NEVER BEEN NEEDED EVER!!
    the only thing that was an issue WERE GOLD SELLERS !! but even those you can put on ignore !
    im really starting to question your logic because there is NONE
    you praise it for no reason nor do you give a hint why you say its been needed for a long time !
    basically YOU ARE WORKING FOR BLIZZ PROMOTING THIS PENALTY CRAP
    knock it off already , this stuff isnt funny
    people have an ignore button and that is enough !!
    we do not need to be catered to like small children who cant handle some one else who has a bad mood ! ,.. at best and is reacting it out to vent his or her emotions to feel better .. so NAME ME 1 REASON AND EXAMPLE why YOU think we need this ?
    and it better be a good one..

Quote Originally Posted by Codezlol View Post
    SNIP...
    I am for an IMPROVED ignore feature of some sort, but this seems like this money could be spent elsewhere like attempting to endure inevitable face plant subs are gonna do 3 months after launch.

My 2c.
    I very much agree with that.

Just improve the system thats already there and gamers are familiar with.

No need for a second system when the first would do just the same if expanded a bit (account wide being one of them) and leave it totally in the players hands to deal with things they don't like if they wanted as well as it being an immediate action to chats they dislike.

Reporting and waiting to see if something happens. Seems like it's not well thought out. A second system just seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Since Warlords of Draenor Ignore DOES ignore an account. I've noticed it myself by accident when I ignored some random low level alt who was badmouthing and later on his main couldn't whisper me.
    In my experience it does not I've had guildies try it with making toons outside of the guild and ignoring one of their toons has not affected any of their other toons

you really need a thicker skinn and get to know WOW before you say dumb stuff
    YOU cant bring reality into WOW , wow is a community and you are part of the community or You are NOT
    and you being an outsider bringing in stuff from outside ( RL) into wow is a big NONO
    if you cant handle some thunderfury spam what people love doing then DONT PAY ATTENTION to the trade chat ..
    you make things so difficult for yourself