Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    What happened to the days when you could just tell someone that they suck at Tanking/healing/dps and be done with it. Now the SJW's come out of the woodwork and tell you about your privilege and how you invaded their wow safe space.
    Who the hell wants a crappy day like that? Certainly not my wife. Jerks like the ones you describe have put her off of dungeons so much that she wont even run them with guild groups because they have given her PTSD. She came back to the game last month after seeing the movie and we started leveling in Pandaria. I convinced her to run ONE dungeon with me to completely do all the jade forest quests and swore that it would go fine and be no problem and that i only encounter the nicest people in my WOD heroic/mythics. All those people quit to go yell at people in league of legends, i said (a game she also won't play any more because of that exact same behavior).

We zone in with the 3 other people and i kid you not, the very first thing someone said is "wtf is with that old ass pet?" (her favorite cat from way back in vanilla that she had got out for some nostalgia when she started playing again) and then someone started in on her talent choices, while they were running ahead to pull monsters. Didn't even say hello first. Certainly didn't offer any advice to her about what to pick. Well except for one guy who berated her for not having a talent and his friend said "that's a 100 talent dude" and the guy said "lol, still."

Just to put the cherry on a shit sunday, the guy posted meters. She was, of course, last. They laughed at her and said they might as well have four manned it.

So yeah, pretty terrible evening of wow and I can pretty much guarantee that they ruined other people's evenings as well. They don't deserve to talk in the game. Ignoring them won't keep them from making other folks feel terrible and THAT is what is going to kill subscriptions faster.

I would rather take the gamble that this system kills the game than go through one more run with a bunch of insufferable pricks ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    True getting rid of that would be awesome just make sure you don't try to convince someone to take a different talent or it might be taken as harassment.
    Big difference between "have you considered taking force armour vs Nova...It really helps" and "not with this Trolling Rehgar. No Force armour vs Nova"

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    with 10 seconds of thought, the result becomes obvious:

all those with a grudge will group target their enemies.
    those silenced will start to report the non-silenced.
    within a few weeks, general, trade, and the forums will be silent out of fear of being reported.

brilliant!

once again, blizz demonstrates a complete lack of thought towards the consequences of their actions.

-tiny of magtheridon (soon to be silenced due to 'unpopular' views)
    Or you could be smart and not vent those "unpopular" views other than to people you know, as they're clearly bad enough to warrant reports if you already know that you'll end up silenced... It's plain to see just how needed this feature is.

I have no intention of harrasing anyone else in this game I just see my communication as a possible pitfall for someone to abuse this system and take advantage of.
    For example you didn't directly attack me but in any situation I could report you for what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So do most grown ups. The people crying over this feature are those without the intellect to change their ways, if they can't "teach someone how to play" by throwing profanity and insults around, they'll have to find another way to vent their angst!
    Hello GM today I was distraut with the thought that my fellow warcraft member has decided to be toxic towards me in saying that I am without the intellect to change my ways and that I just throw profanity around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    LOL. Yes, Blizzard will be using one post by a player in the forums as their guidelines. But you run down the valley with your made up flag, crying that the sky is falling. It's fucking hilarious!

Pro Tip: If you report someone for low DPS, that means...nothing. No penalties will happen.

But you keep thinking it will. It's cute.
    Almost got perma banned because my alt was named Qumquat. Took 4 GM, and 3 months, to finally figure it out that's the funny mod on a name of a fruit and the name of a notorious elephant.

Not all GMs are geniuses.

So do most grown ups. The people crying over this feature are those without the intellect to change their ways, if they can't "teach someone how to play" by throwing profanity and insults around, they'll have to find another way to vent their angst!
    Yup, indeed. I know some of the loudest people complaining about this feature are some of the biggest trolls in the game. The irony is so palpable.

True getting rid of that would be awesome just make sure you don't try to convince someone to take a different talent or it might be taken as harassment.
    Are you really incapable of constructively telling someone why a different choice would be beneficial? Or more importantly, DOES IT MATTER? No one in LFR/LFD/Normal or world quests needs an optimized talent build. It's almost impossible to get choices that so severely impact your damage, tanking, or healing, that it matters and the people doing heroic raids or mythic dungeons simply will copy icy-veins and be done with it. Who gives a crap if i pick greater invisibility or cold snap? I'm not going to be in your raid for my entire life and greater invisibility affords me more convenience during the other 90% of my time in the game.

Seriously man. Just try talking to someone like they weren't dirt to you and see how many times you get silenced. It's really not that hard to understand or do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Big difference between "have you considered taking force armour vs Nova...It really helps" and "not with this Trolling Rehgar. No Force armour vs Nova"
    I suppose at that point it depends on the GM you get with the ticket honestly this has been my point the entire time we will watch what we say because if it goes to investigation at all there is a chance we will get silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Yup, indeed. I know some of the loudest people complaining about this feature are some of the biggest trolls in the game. The irony is so palpable.
    And yet the biggest pussies won't man the fuck up.

If words hurt your feeling. I'll love hurting you.

I don't doubt it! They're just sad that they won't be able to keep it up, it's really all the proof one needs for the good this feature will bring!

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    Are you really incapable of constructively telling someone why a different choice would be beneficial? Or more importantly, DOES IT MATTER? No one in LFR/LFD/Normal or world quests needs an optimized talent build. It's almost impossible to get choices that so severely impact your damage, tanking, or healing, that it matters and the people doing heroic raids or mythic dungeons simply will copy icy-veins and be done with it. Who gives a crap if i pick greater invisibility or cold snap? I'm not going to be in your raid for my entire life and greater invisibility affords me more convenience during the other 90% of my time in the game.

Seriously man. Just try talking to someone like they weren't dirt to you and see how many times you get silenced. It's really not that hard to understand or do.
    The only thing I would be incapable of in that situation would be determining if the person I was talking to about it was a troll that wanted to get me silenced for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were talking about me I am not a troll I am just interested in this topic because of the fact that it effects us all regardless of how nice you are there is still going to be possibility that you will end up getting silenced.

I hardly ever post on MMO Champion just decided to get in on this debate.

Hello GM today I was distraut with the thought that my fellow warcraft member has decided to be toxic towards me in saying that I am without the intellect to change my ways and that I just throw profanity around.
    Don't flatter yourself, I never engage in conversations with trolls and angsty ragekids in-game. Report and move on = the ticket to a good experience!

People that know how to behave, won't have anything to fear from the feature. Same as they rarely (mistakes happen, and can as such be appealed) have anything to fear from being reported for botting.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post

And I'll love reporting you when you do. Guess which side is gonna win?

The only thing I would be incapable of in that situation would be determining if the person I was talking to about it was a troll that wanted to get me silenced for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were talking about me I am not a troll I am just interested in this topic because of the fact that it effects us all regardless of how nice you are there is still going to be possibility that you will end up getting silenced.

I hardly ever post on MMO Champion just decided to get in on this debate.
    There is no debate on the internet.

Your opinion (as mine) is the only one that is right =D

Whether or not I'm sensitive toward words is irrelevant. It'll still be nice to have your type of garbage gone from the game. Just like RL, there will be consequences to being a jackass.

I don't doubt it! They're just sad that they won't be able to keep it up, it's really all the proof one needs for the good this feature will bring!
    It's a little unnerving that some people are fighting so hard for their right to be unapologetic dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And I'll love reporting you when you do. Guess which side is gonna win?
    Do you really think I give a fucking shit about the mods on this forums... I can always create a new account =D

Do you really think I give a fucking shit about the mods on this forums... I can always create a new account =D
    I'm not talking about MMO champion. You go on ahead and insult/hurt me in all the way you can, I care not

Do it in WoW, and you'll be paying for those new accounts each time, while I can report + ignore you. Every. Single. Time.

Whether or not I'm sensitive toward words is irrelevant. It'll still be nice to have your type of garbage gone from the game. Just like RL, there will be consequences to being a jackass.

It's a little unnerving that some people are fighting so hard for their right to be unapologetic dicks.
    Yeah like real life, if you think I actually give a shit that you'll punch me... You'll end up in lockup while I press charges for assault.

What will be your defense? His words hurt my feeble feelings.

Get real punk.

I am wondering how this is going to work. I generally hate people who are preaching homophobic, conservative, religious and/or racist politics in trade chat. I'm sure most of them hate the things that I say as well. I usually don't start these conversations, I just chime in on them to agitate conservative racist and/or homophobic people. If we all start reporting each other for these kind of things, are we going to get silenced over that, or are we only going to get silenced over hate speech and abusive language or spanning. Is blizzard going to look over what was actually said before they silencing people? Lets say you are on a server packed with conservative people and they are report you just because they don't like your point of view, are we going to get silenced for that?

I suppose at that point it depends on the GM you get with the ticket honestly this has been my point the entire time we will watch what we say because if it goes to investigation at all there is a chance we will get silenced.

They're entirely different statements.

The first is giving advice to another player about a specific circumstance. The mod in the message even states that's exactly the kind of thing they want to see from players

The second is saying that that player deliberately made a choice to not take Force Armour in order to aggravate the rest of the team. That's the kind of behaviour that resulted in the ban.