Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Stephen Colbert takes the gloves off on Hillary

That's great, Steve. You're just a bit late is all. Well, it is the Late Show. Way to try and reclaim some credibility after first pushing the Clinton agenda for a year.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-12 at 10:42 PM.

yeah... we really need jon stewart back, Colberts only funny like 20% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    comedians going to comedy

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    yeah... we really need jon stewart back, Colberts only funny like 20% of the time.
    John Stewart was very clever and funny. Stephen Colbert was very funny and clever on his comedy central show. I don't think that he is that funny or clever now.

Wow that wasn't funny at all. I was expecting an intelligent informative opinion...I was disappointed.

This dude is usually a massive shill. That being said, it would be more interesting if he actually explained a bit more in detail because you already know there's a bunch of dumb asses that watch shows like this to actually get the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This dude is usually a massive shill. That being said, it would be more interesting if he actually explained a bit more in detail because you already know there's a bunch of dumb asses that watch shows like this to actually get the news.
    No one watches the late show for news.
    It's a variety chat show with 2 - 3 celebrity guests a night.

Maybe you might wanna check where you get your news from, since you've gotten this one as wrong as it gets. lol

Anyway, the Late Show on CBS is not the Colbert Report on Comedy Central.
    While it is the same person, the CR showcased a fictional character, being a Republican politician going TV host.
    The LS host is simply the person Stephen Colbert running the show in a similar fashion than the predecessors, especially Letterman.
    Two completely different concepts, for completely different audiences.
    The Late Show is not a political show.
    It deals with politics aspects, but only superficially.
    Unlike the Colbert Report which was a political satire show.

As for the political agenda pushing.
    That's true and simply untrue at the same time.
    Colbert makes fun of both sides ever since the primaries started.
    To my knowledge he is leaning Democrat personally, but he's going after the candidates as they provide comedy material.
    Which, of course, puts Trump in the driver seat, because.... To say it with Lewis Black, "I cannot make this shit any funnier".

As for the daily political satire, Seth Meyers is hands down the best source to watch.
    SNL superiority shines big on NBC.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Colbert's still a great host on the late show, but i do miss the old Colbert personality. so much more fun.
    Hi

True, but the only funny one was "you are so bad, the only person you can beat is Donald Trump".

"Liar Liar pants suit on fire" LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No one watches the late show for news.
    It's a variety chat show with 2 - 3 celebrity guests a night.

Maybe you might wanna check where you get your news from, since you've gotten this one as wrong as it gets. lol

Anyway, the Late Show on CBS is not the Colbert Report on Comedy Central.
    While it is the same person, the CR showcased a fictional character, being a Republican politician going TV host.
    The LS host is simply the person Stephen Colbert running the show in a similar fashion than the predecessors, especially Letterman.
    Two completely different concepts, for completely different audiences.
    The Late Show is not a political show.
    It deals with politics aspects, but only superficially.
    Unlike the Colbert Report which was a political satire show.

As for the political agenda pushing.
    That's true and simply untrue at the same time.
    Colbert makes fun of both sides ever since the primaries started.
    To my knowledge he is leaning Democrat personally, but he's going after the candidates as they provide comedy material.
    Which, of course, puts Trump in the driver seat, because.... To say it with Lewis Black, "I cannot make this shit any funnier".

As for the daily political satire, Seth Meyers is hands down the best source to watch.
    SNL superiority shines big on NBC.
    I dunno about not watching his show for the news, he seems like a beacon for millennial weirdo's on certain topics since John Stewart has stepped down - these folks have habitually gotten their news from comedy shows in the past, why stop now? And yes I'm well aware of his republican parody character before.

So Colbert makes fun of both sides? Do you have any other videos of him doing such with Hillary or Bernie Sanders? I'm curious, as I said this dude has a reputation for being a pretty big shill from his past.

Not funny but I am agree with him. His second last part is what really hit home. Republicans would have had an easy win if they didn't fall for Trump.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I think he lost credibility a very long time ago. Can't go back to the days of 2004 jon stewart though. Being as progressive as possible is in and the cool thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

That's great, Steve. You're just a bit late is all. Well, it is the Late Show. Way to try and reclaim some credibility after first pushing the Clinton agenda for a year.
    I guess I don't watch much TV because I don't recall seeing him since he left his old show.

But holy shit wow. This does not look like a good TV show. It looks really unprofessional, aside from being really unfunny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    True, but the only funny one was "you are so bad, the only person you can beat is Donald Trump".
    I have been saying that all along, for both of them. A literal zombie would crush them both. Maybe that Gary Johnson has a chance...

...LOL jk! Gary Johnson couldn't beat Putin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not funny but I am agree with him. His second last part is what really hit home. Republicans would have had an easy win if they didn't fall for Trump.
    Which Republican was consistently polling higher than Hillary?

Hillary has a lot of demographic lapdogs, the claim that any other Republican would be an easy win needs to be proven.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-14 at 12:49 AM.

Trump generates so many easy comedy hits on a daily basis it's a wonder he ever got around to Hillary. The man's a walking satire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I guess I don't watch much TV because I don't recall seeing him since he left his old show.

But holy shit wow. This does not look like a good TV show. It looks really unprofessional, aside from being really unfunny.
    He took Letterman's spot on The Late Show after he retired. It was a terrible sketch and was likely supposed to be. I don't think Syd caught that it wasn't hard hitting at all and was supposed to be stupid.

Try this one instead.

He's not wrong....but unfortunately all the jokes are pretty lame and not funny at all :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I have been saying that all along, for both of them. A literal zombie would crush them both. Maybe that Gary Johnson has a chance...
    ...LOL jk! Gary Johnson couldn't beat Putin.
    Even Jesus himself could not beat those two if he isn't running in the 2 established parties.

Who is steve colbert?