Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I don't agree with what they did, but much of the BlackLivesMatter movement is essentially just Anti-Police. They put their lives on the line daily, and to have it thrown back in their face, is quite annoying I'm sure.

There isn't much evidence either to suggest that White cops are on a rampage, killing Black people. Black people suffer from racial profiling, of course, I doubt anyone is ignoring that, but in terms of being shot dead by the police? I've not seen a single report that suggests there is an epidemic going on.

Black on Black crime is larger than White on Black crime, including the Police. But you don't see the BLM movement trying to make the situation better, you don't see them trying to reduce gang culture amongst teenagers, you don't see them trying to improve education or social programs in poor areas. What you see them doing is being racist, abusive and rude and doing nothing more than blaming the police.
    Get your logic put of here, its racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    There are criminals that exist, and most of them dislike the cops. That fact doesn't give cops the right to act like little babies every time somebody hurts their feelings. They're supposed to protect and serve, by pulling stunts like this they are effectively leaving the rest of us out to dry just because somebody said something they don't like.
    I agree, I said as much in an earlier post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I don't agree with what they did, but much of the BlackLivesMatter movement is essentially just Anti-Police. They put their lives on the line daily, and to have it thrown back in their face, is quite annoying I'm sure.

There isn't much evidence either to suggest that White cops are on a rampage, killing Black people. Black people suffer from racial profiling, of course, I doubt anyone is ignoring that, but in terms of being shot dead by the police? I've not seen a single report that suggests there is an epidemic going on.

Black on Black crime is larger than White on Black crime, including the Police. But you don't see the BLM movement trying to make the situation better, you don't see them trying to reduce gang culture amongst teenagers, you don't see them trying to improve education or social programs in poor areas. What you see them doing is being racist, abusive and rude and doing nothing more than blaming the police.
    The research I've read indicates that racial profiling is indeed a real thing, when data is adjusted to take into account things like demographic factors.

I linked one study in an earlier thread: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0141854

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Although if they are so butthurt about BLM that they're walking out of some shitty security side work gigs then I definitely call that into question...
    Yes because they are "butthurt" that they have to protect people who endorse a movement that encourages cop killing.

Also you might want to check your usage of "butthurt" as it is insulting to homosexual males.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Yes because they are "butthurt" that they have to protect people who endorse a movement that encourages cop killing.

Also you might want to check your usage of "butthurt" as it is insulting to homosexual males.
    Lol, are you for real right now...

Cops can't simply avoid people who don't like them/want to kill other people (that statement is clearly hyperbole btw but let's pretend it's not for a moment). It is their job to protect the public despite the fact that some people might not like them very much.

People have been disliking any sort of authority figures including cops since the beginning of time/civilization. It's not going to change anytime soon.

Cops can't simply avoid people who don't like them/want to kill other people (that statement is clearly hyperbole btw but let's pretend it's not for a moment). It is their job to protect the public despite the fact that some people might not like them very much.
    Great, why dont you go get a job as a cop? Practice the bullshit you preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Quote me saying they should be...

Police should police them selfs then?

- - - Updated - - -

Do they talk about systematic change? Would this be a systematic change?

- - - Updated - - -

...and if a player posts an idiotic comment on Twitter, they will tell him to kiss his ass and then threaten to not work the venue?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-browns-games/

Get your politics out of my sports news...
    Then how about the fucking players get themselves out of politics. No one gives a fuck who they support or what they think about any political situation. They are paid to play not make statements or stands for someone or another.

You know that's a ridiculous argument, the whole world can't become cops...also I went to law school, basically the same thing. Unless you think people love lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Then how about the fucking players get themselves out of politics. No one gives a fuck who they support or what they think about any political situation. They are paid to play not make statements or stands for someone or another.
    Yes, how dare people try and criticize the government in America.

You know that's a ridiculous argument, the whole world can't become cops...also I went to law school, basically the same thing. Unless you think people love lawyers.
    Right, law school is the same as being a cop on the beat...Im done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Learn to discern the meanings behind words and phrases. But I'll help you out with this one.
    and then you put this;

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth — there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate — young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem.

The problem is with #BlackLivesMatters is it's only directed at white people as the problem and not everyone around them including themselves. They should be protesting gangs, drug dealers and hoods as well as police stations (which they never do) and generally when I've seen protests by them they tend to yell at anyone talking against them and drown them out and/or try to disrupt stereotypical "white" things to get our attention.

You want #BlackLivesMatter to impress me, start fixing their own messed up communities and people who promote violence towards women and cops and white people and start protesting their own problems as a collective. Criminal scumbags being turned into martyr'd heroes has to be the dumbest shit I've seen in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Independent contractors for a security company (which is what they were at that moment) can do just that. You walk off, call your boss/liaison/contractor and tell them you refuse on moral grounds. Just because they are police officers in their official capacity doesn't mean they lose that privilege.
    Sure, at-will employment means you can do that in any state. It doesn't mean you can do that and keep your job, however.

Black Lives Matter Go Home.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Why don't YOU become a cop? Like wtf sort of argument is this? "You're wrong because you won't become a cop?" Lmfao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dam, someone's all butthurt here.

If I became a cop and I shot one of your family members, you probably wouldn't be defending my actions regardless of what the circumstances were, nor would you condone me throwing a hissy fit if anyone criticized me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Dam, someone's all butthurt here.
    Clearly in need of some hemorrhoid cream.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...8n3?li=BBnbfcL

I respect the choice the cop's made and understand there opinion on the matter.

With that said each one should be fired, they refused to do there job and should be fired for it. As a copy you DO NOT get to pick and chose who to protect. Even if you are told to protect some idiot like the #BLM group or even the KKK.

Edit: Maybe not fired from should receive some punishment for being unprofessional.
    You shouldn't expect someone to work in what they feel is a hostile work enviorment.

It was withi their right to leave if they felt uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand cops work security as side income, it's not a required part of their job. In any case, a job is a job. You don't get to pick and choose who to provide security for because you might get butthurt about it.

Do you get to go to work and say, "nah I won't do this?" and expect to keep your job?
    Why can't you? As long as it's private venues and for a private company (the stadium in this case), they have every right to walk out.

And given the article, it looks like they won't be going back.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-07-13 at 04:47 AM.

Did you flunk? Because no lawyer would say they are basically the same thing as a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...8n3?li=BBnbfcL

I respect the choice the cop's made and understand there opinion on the matter.

With that said each one should be fired, they refused to do there job and should be fired for it. As a copy you DO NOT get to pick and chose who to protect. Even if you are told to protect some idiot like the #BLM group or even the KKK.

Edit: Maybe not fired from should receive some punishment for being unprofessional.
    You yourself bolded the part where they're independent contractors. That means they were hired by the arena to work security for that specific job. There's no firing off the police force for that.

Good lord the amount of stupidity you run into every single thread on this site is astounding.

I'm glad those people walked out. Dumb people want to set police on fire because of a few bad apples.