Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Blizzard even said though, the reports are moderated, which means a human will look into it, and all bans are appeallable.
    Also, if someone cannot get a point across without resorting to harsh or offensive language, even jokingly, in a public channel, then maybe they shouldn't be using the public channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Faggot is also a meatball in the North of England,a nd was used originally to describe a bundle of sticks. Certain swearwords are worldwide, colloquialisms aren't. You literally are just resorting to very pedantic and childish means now to attempt to "prove a point" that really is irrelevant in the first place.
    Not going to bother responding now.
    So you think you can colloquially call someone a faggot and Blizz will think you're calling them a meatball? Pish to me is hiding piss in the same way I said "f".

I want them to strictly define what is and isn't "abusive"

That word has become far to fluid recently.

You completely ignored what I was saying. Some words are worldwide accepted as offensive, others aren't. Seriously, you know exactly what I mean, so stop trying to be pedantic in an attempt to try and prove a silly argument. You are just making yourself looking foolish.
    Really? Saying you won't respond and then doing so in 2 minutes makes you look like a stand up person who means what they say. Not at all foolish.

Why can't people just not be fucking pussies?(FLAGGED) Way to ruin wow fucking SJW degenerates.(FLAGGED)
    I'm so tired of people saying words hurt their feelings in a game on the internet.

Go outside you fucking plebs.(FALGGED) Literally I wish a meteor would descend on the Earth(FLAGGED) and not only kill 75% of the population(FLAGGED) but give the rest cancer.(FLAGGED) The amount of people that think silencing people's opinions is equal to tolerance is fucking disgusting. It's not a matter of "oh it's not politically correct, it's not safe, it's not okay" it is literally people's opinions, everyone grows up learning their own way, no one is perfect, what is good and bad in the world is subjective and is constantly changing, just 200 years ago people thought it was cool to have slaves. Maybe we should've implemented a law against speaking out back then, the white people could've been like, "Hey bro, it really hurts our feelings when you say you don't like being our slaves." Then at least while this cancer was happening we could have some slaves helping around the house.. (HAH FLAGGED FOR RACISM!!) In reality, if you don't want to see someone block them. That is too hard? Fuck you.(FLAGGED)

I'm not talking in world of warcraft anymore. In fact, I'm going to report everyone that does. I'll literally sit in trade and report everyone that talks because if I can't voice my opinion without fear of having my PAID FUCKING SERVICE degraded I'll just abuse their shit system. To be honest, I'm not that cancerous, I just speak my mind and sometimes people don't agree with me, what is to say I don't get trolled by a group of dudes that like to go around reporting people? The whole thing is fucking cancer to me.

Free speech is dead. Fuck Blizzard and fuck the cunts that thought this was a good idea.(FLAGGED)
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2016-07-13 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Flagged myself for the cunts that are going to flag this post anyway, MOD who infracts me, take a long look at your life.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    tbh

we have lived the 'wild wild west' approach to ingame toxicity for a decade+; I think we can say conclusively that it sucks. People don't get banned for saying stupid shit in tradechat, or else we wouldn't have the tradechat that we have. Bring on the authoritarian approach I say, let's see how that goes for a while.
    Exactly.

I'm not going to go sit in a corner and cry because someone said bad things to me on the Internet. But, dammit, I'd rather people just grow up and not make the "community" a cesspool that has to be tolerated. If people can't learn this on their own, and if weren't brought up that way, then educate them by other means.

Learn to dispense insults and abuse with discretion. After a while, you'll realize that very little of it, if any, is ever warranted, or useful. Argue vigorously, sure. A little clever sarcasm is fine and will hone your thinking skills and will develop your patience when you get it right back at you. Meanwhile, life will go on, and you won't be a nerdraging asshole any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    True, but you forgot that the wonderful community needs to be able to offer constructive criticism to, well, anyone.
    You don't need to offer constructive criticism to anyone who isn't actively participating in a conversation. Option #1 should always be: Keep your nose out of it.

No one actually wants unsolicited advice. I realize that (for a range of people) "your" advice is of an immensely higher quality than average advice, and practically everyone around you will suffer if you don't offer your advice and encourage them to take it to heart. In fact, hound them until they do exactly what you say.

But ... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Oh sure, just like faggot is an archaic word to describe a piece of wood.
    While the word Faggot does mean a bundle of sticks...the word Fag in England also means cigarette...but some of us a bit smarter not use those words in a game that reaches world wide. Don't try to bend the rules to fit your world....you must bend to fit the world instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You don't need to offer constructive criticism to anyone who isn't actively participating in a conversation. Option #1 should always be: Keep your nose out of it.

No one actually wants unsolicited advice. I realize that (for a range of people) "your" advice is of an immensely higher quality than average advice, and practically everyone around you will suffer if you don't offer your advice and encourage them to take it to heart. In fact, hound them until they do exactly what you say.

But ... no.
    I was being sarcastic. I had hoped that the italics would convey this but obviously not as you're the second person to take my post seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    While the word Faggot does mean a bundle of sticks...the word Fag in England also means cigarette...but some of us a bit smarter not use those words in a game that reaches world wide. Don't try to bend the rules to fit your world....you must bend to fit the world instead.
    Yea don't worry. I'm not going to go to America and express a strong need to "smoke some fags" within earshot of police.

Deleted
    Can't wait to abuse the shit out of this pathetic system

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems like a solid way of stopping the toxicity that many players seem so confident in slinging around these days.
    Hi

Dude, just give it a rest. You don't have any argument to begin with, and now are just feebly attempting to get a rise out of me in order for me to insult you so you can then report me and go "Hurr durr see systems like this suck!" or something asinine in an attempt to try and prove something that is completely irrelevant anyways. Just leave it lol.
    Why do you keep replying when you said you wouldn't bother anymore

Don't take the moral high ground if you're petty enough to be provoked into responding every time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Players are basically obliged to interact with people they don't want to
    How do you fix this without making all the content single player, and optional multiplayer?
    Because even if you belong to a solid guild, where everyone get´s on well with their guildies, nobody is gonna be able to bypass the need of sometimes having to interact with people they don´t want to, it is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    How is this prone to abuse? It states that the reports will be reviewed before action is taken. Anyone who abuses this by spam sending in reports on innocent people will just receive punishment themselves. Seems fine to me.
    Blizzard will find out that they can't handle these reports, just like Riot did, and move the responsibility to another entity, either automated or player driven. It won't necessarily be abused to silence people, it will be abused by people unloading thousands of false reports as a fun activity to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people still think this is about individual players and not wanting to see what they have to say? That's what the ignore feature does. But as it stands even if you ignore every moron that spams trade chat you still have the problem of trade chat being clogged to hell with useless shit, you just won't see it. With this system it'll cut down the spam and useless crap for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. Looking forward to this so much that I'm going to uninstall BadBoy and Decliner when the patch drops, just so I can report the trolls and gold scammers.

The best part of this is that it's account wide, so if you misbehave, you can't just swap toons and continue being an a**hole. Even better would be if they someday take it to their other games, so that if your account gets Silenced for 24 hours, you can't queue for ranked matches in HoTS, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Delicate porcelain skinned players unable to figure out how to use the /ignore fuction, Blizzard resorts to heavy handed tactics that are prone to abuse.
    Doesn't ignore their alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Doesn't ignore their alts.
    That's been the biggest problem with ignore. That it doesn't ignore their alts, nor does it carry over to your own alts, so if there's someone truly heinous regularly haunting your realm's trade chat, you end up having to ignore them x5 or however many alts you have. Real pita.

This solution is so much better. You can still ignore those you simply don't like, who aren't violating policy. But for those who ARE trolling/scamming, as long as Blizzard agrees the person's comment was over the line, then they are not going to be able to inflict themselves on the general population for awhile.

7+ Year Old Account
    best idea in the world <<<<

when a gold seller/bot is banned all people who reported them split the gold on the char equally

jk btw...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Bad groups don't deliver so why exist?
    I admit i have asked myself this quite some times, but to be fair i stoped asking this same question like six months ago.
    I was doing a timewalking of the lich king, gundrak, and there was a newbie, who was having an unbelievable hard time because he/she got lost, i guess he/she had some terrible prior experiences when grouping with people, we had to literally stop, look for him/her and telling him/her to stay calm and to not worry, because it was just a game; still after finishing the dungeon he/she was so shocked we had to keep on telling him/her it was ok, and nothing that had not happened to all of us.
    The level of terror this poor guy had, was unbelievable, so if you add that to the fact of being a newbie, yeah his/her performance was of course awful, thank god the other 3 guys were patient and tolerant people, but then i started thinking that if not for the penalty for leaving the dungeons, and taking in consideration the high level of intolerance to newbies i see in dungeons, this guy would have never been able to do any group content.
    Since that incident i try to be even more patient with people, because i never thought anyone could suffer so much when playing this game, specially not out of a raiding enviroment.
    So if this new system is gonna help some people to have a better experience, even at the cost of some people abusing it, i welcome it.
    I have found other people at disconfort when playing, not in such an extreme example as the guy in gundrak, but the thing is some people can get hurt by a comment in a chat, so i think it is ok to try to make that people safer.
    Besides we all can still behave as we want in this regard when playing with friends using IP voice programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Oh God, seriously?

Just don't use language that is, you know, offensive. Don't ANAL spam trade. You can insult your bros in real life, assuming you have any, and aren't reduced to offending people online who you don't even know.
    I'm not talking about childish things like that Anal spam crap. I'm talking about SJWs, Trolls, and Communists en masse using this to silence different opinions be it political or otherwise. We have no proof as of now that every "investigation" will be done by a human (and even then, those humans can be SJWs etc. themselves), and so that is a major worry.