Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Fully agreed, I'm just pointing out that showing MMO-Champ posters calling for deaths as being taken seriously as 'This is why their cause is just!' is.. stupid, frankly.
    Yeah it's kind of parhetic that people do that, but thankfully they aren't the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Disruption of emergency services is a serious crime and I'm sure they'd be charged more heavily if that were actually the case (not to mention being blasted by right-wing news for at least a few news cycles). But I don't consider your coffee being slightly cooler when you get into the office a serious transgression against our society.

Where do you draw the line? Because people say this sort of shit offhandedly in real life in the South. Do you have to wait until the tire is someone's skull to have any sort of response to it?
    You draw the line at 'It's MMO Champion and the internet, stop taking it seriously'

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Wasn't suggesting any justification. Pointing out the unlikeness of a person being fired because they were stuck in traffic. There's a small possibility if you have a boss that's an ass and doesn't verify things but I would hardly think that anyone thinks this is the prime concern for not blocking roads.
    Oh okay.

Still, inconveniencing people is not the way you'd want to go around this. All it does is annoy, not help.

For the OP though, no, I've never been to a BLM protest. There's literally none held around me ever, except maybe in the city which I'm not taking a 2 hour train ride for $30-50 and taking off from work to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    As someone who's knows someone that was almost killed in a traffic jam (and it was not intentional like these are) why should people care about the lives of people that intentional put others peoples lives in danger?
    You should care about all life mate. What thy are doing, is it right? No. I said that. They are impeding public transit. It shouldn't be a death sentence however. We have people that morally do a hell of a lot worse than block traffic and don't get a death sentence. What about them? See what I'm getting at here?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they soon may be considered a terrorist organization https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...t-organization

Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims". This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. Black Lives Matter has earned this title due to its actions in Ferguson, Baltimore, and even at a Bernie Sanders rally, as well as all over the United States and Canada. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions - and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare Black Lives Matter a terror group - on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.

This petition reach it's 100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I'll just leave this here
    You do know that Tiananmen Square was a public place where protesters gathered. They basically took over a public place to voice their concerns.

While blocking traffic alienates more people, since in the long run they care about getting home or to work. The protests are peaceful and meant to bring attention to their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    You should care about all life mate. What thy are doing, is it right? No. I said that. They are impeding public transit. It shouldn't be a death sentence however. We have people that morally do a hell of a lot worse than block traffic and don't get a death sentence. What about them? See what I'm getting at here?
    You're making assumptions that he doesn't care about all life. You can care about all life while still speaking out against a method that endangers others, and as many have said now, very very few wish death on these people.

Know what could raise awareness too? Coming together in these 1000+ groups, and picking up litter from the city. Offering to help others in their community repair their home or help with various tasks. Holding meetings to educate people, any number of things that would draw people's eyes and also do good for the people they wish to help.

Disruption of emergency services is a serious crime and I'm sure they'd be charged more heavily if that were actually the case (not to mention being blasted by right-wing news for at least a few news cycles). But I don't consider your coffee being slightly cooler when you get into the office a serious transgression against our society.

Where do you draw the line? Because people say this sort of shit offhandedly in real life in the South. Do you have to wait until the tire is someone's skull to have any sort of response to it?
    You would like to think its that simple to just get "cold coffee", but that's not realistic. You have no idea what results when you block an interstate both ways. It's wrong and shouldn't be done.

Putting others at the risk of death shows how little regard for human life, if they want to stand it a highway and get hit, it's not a death sentence it was suicide.
    What about them, if they put others life at risk intentionally throw them in a hole.

You're making assumptions that he doesn't care about all life. You can care about all life while still speaking out against a method that endangers others, and as many have said now, very very few wish death on these people.
    No I did not intend that to be my point. He stated why should their lives matter. I'm giving him an example of why and saying it all matters. Just for clarification. I'm not making the statement that the poster in question doesn't care about life.

- - - Updated - - -

Putting others at the risk of death shows how little regard for human life, if they want to stand it a highway and get hit, it's not a death sentence it was suicide.
    What about them, if they put others life at risk intentionally throw them in a hole.
    Oh I agree sir. It is dangerous for all involved. Please don't mistake me here. I'm not condoning it at all. I'm very much against it. Giving a death sentence for it, however, seems a bit steep is what I'm getting at.

No I did not intend that to be my point. He stated why should their lives matter. I'm giving him an example of why and saying it all matters. Just for clarification. I'm not making the statement that the poster in question doesn't care about life.
    All lives do matter, and you shouldn't endanger others in your stance to say that one group of lives matter. That's the long and the short of it. As I said above, make a statement by doing community work for the people you want to protect.

As someone who's knows someone that was almost killed in a traffic jam (and it was not intentional like these are) why should people care about the lives of people that intentionally put other peoples lives in danger?
    There are a few ways to go about it. If they just ran out into the steets causing cars to swerve and slam on brakes, skid sideways and such, then they should be held accountable . But unless it was just people jumping wildly in the street, then it's up the the drivers to be paying attention. I lived in DC for 15 years. The speed limit says 55, people still do 70+, and then something happens and they can't stop in time.

We can create all kinds of "what ifs" and throw out random stories about how something happened to someone, so anything that's close applies the same. I guess we can look back at the 60s, at the "sit ins" and come up with stories about how someone could have starved to death because their diner was full of protesters.

If they caused a real problem, then they should be charged accordingly. If we're just complaining because it made of 20 mins late, then I won't be calling for their heads on pikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

That being said, you can expect it to be disregarded by BLM and stuff, simply because it doesn't fit their agenda.
    2 more pages and no mention of the study hahaha </3

The fact that you'd rather just try to ignore their problems is the reason they waste your time in the first place, so you can't just ignore it. Like, what do people not understand about this situation? This movement quietly voiced their concerns for a while and nothing came of it so it's come to this. I'm not saying it is right (or legal) but it's 100% understandable. People want to be heard, and they'll do what it takes to be heard. Hell, it arguably took 5 police officers lives for people to actually pay attention to this.

"Hold the world hostage"... with non-violent resistance. Sounds reasonable to me. People blocking the road should still be thrown in jail, but it's more admirable to fight for your cause in such a way rather than either doing nothing or violent resistance.
    I want to be heard, so I will ruin other people's day to get their attention. Perfectly "reasonable". Yep, you did get their attention, only in a very negative way.

You draw the line at 'It's MMO Champion and the internet, stop taking it seriously'
    I view most people on the internet as autistic retards who can't separate fiction from reality (because in reality that's most people anyways) and I don't really put it past anyone to actually run someone over because they wanted to beat the traffic to the McDonald's breakfast rush.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh okay.

Still, inconveniencing people is not the way you'd want to go around this. All it does is annoy, not help.
    It indeed may annoy some. Although that may indeed be the point of what they are doing. "You won't listen when we are proper and what not, now listen while we make it a tad uncomfortable". Not saying I agree.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    You do know that Tiananmen Square was a public place where protesters gathered. They basically took over a public place to voice their concerns.

While blocking traffic alienates more people, since in the long run they care about getting home or to work. The protests are peaceful and meant to bring attention to their cause.
    When military tanks actually come and you know you will get shot or run over with no mercy, these BLM cowards will shit their pants and scream and run away like they always do.

Oh I agree sir. It is dangerous for all involved. Please don't mistake me here. I'm not condoning it at all. I'm very much against it. Giving a death sentence for it, however, seems a bit steep is what I'm getting at.
    again if you stand on a highway I see it as suicide and not a death sentence.

IMO it's like pointing a gun at some random stranger, they may not pull the trigger and shoot but its still dangerous and if they get shot for doing it it's their own fault.

All lives do matter, and you shouldn't endanger others in your stance to say that one group of lives matter. That's the long and the short of it. As I said above, make a statement by doing community work for the people you want to protect.
    Agree. There are several ways to be more effective and not endanger innocents or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    It indeed may annoy some. Although that may indeed be the point of what they are doing. "You won't listen when we are proper and what not, now listen while we make it a tad uncomfortable". Not saying I agree.
    You don't need to make people uncomfortable to have them listen.