My Gengar is still undefeated in my gym hahah.

So does anyone know if its true you get extra exp if you catch a Pokemon using a Curveball throw?

I hear, see, and read a good bit of talk about getting extra exp by using the Curveball technique. But when I do it I don't get anything bonus. The only time I get bonus exp while curveballing is if it lands on a "Nice, Great or whatever the 3rd one is" .. which you can get by throwing the ball normally.

So yeah am I tripping or does a basic curveball throw actually not give you bonus exp?

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah... mom and I were planning a trip to an animal sanctuary thing that you drive through tomorrow for the pokemanz. I hit my data cap today (renews on the 15th), and mom said "Lets delay the trip until the 15th then!". lols at her feeding my addiction.

Just so you guys know, im lvl 19 and found a blastoise just outside my house lvl 1250 and had it run away from me posted just to cry
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So yeah... mom and I were planning a trip to an animal sanctuary thing that you drive through tomorrow for the pokemanz. I hit my data cap today (renews on the 15th), and mom said "Lets delay the trip until the 15th then!". lols at her feeding my addiction.
    She wants to spend more time with you!

Lost 3 Dratinis and a Pikachu so far. Dratini is one of my faves too
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Lost 3 Dratinis and a Pikachu so far. Dratini is one of my faves too
    Supposedly there's a dratini spawn near me. I need to check it out sometime. People are saying Dragonite is the strongest Pokemon in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Game is okay. I just caught a few Pokemon as I was driving to get groceries so far. Kind of cool but I haven't done any of the other game features.

Hearing all the sob stories about his this app made people start exercising or get over their depression or how it's bringing world peace is getting sickening though. Can't people just play...I hate overhyped stuff.
    Had no bike.

Bought mountainbike to hatch eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Just so you guys know, im lvl 19 and found a blastoise just outside my house lvl 1250 and had it run away from me posted just to cry
    My game crashed on Gengar. I feel your pain. Gengar has always been one of my favourite Pokemon across all releases.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Oh cool didn't know he could even spawn. I always assumed Squirtles would spawn and he'd just be obtained through evolution. Do the others (Charizard/Venasaur) just/could spawn at any random location at any time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Had no bike.

Bind it to select, that's what I do now.

But seriously, biking works great for hunting pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had no bike.

Just dont ride it indoors, or an Oak tree will fall on you

We had a Snorlax spawn near our house, so we immediately got into our car to go see if we could find it (it's past 2am when we did this btw, not going walking at 2am). We kept getting 2 paw prints away...then suddenly, it disappeared. So sad. On the way home, an onix spawned on top of us, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. Lost a pikachu, then rapidash showed up in it's spot. So got that instead. Still sad we lost the pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    We had a Snorlax spawn near our house, so we immediately got into our car to go see if we could find it (it's past 2am when we did this btw, not going walking at 2am). We kept getting 2 paw prints away...then suddenly, it disappeared. So sad. On the way home, an onix spawned on top of us, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. Lost a pikachu, then rapidash showed up in it's spot. So got that instead. Still sad we lost the pikachu.

2 feet is better walked. It's literally about 100 to 150 meters.

2 feet is better walked. It's literally about 100 to 150 meters.
    I realize that, but it was late, and we couldn't exactly go hopping the fences through our neighbor's yards to catch a pokemon. With people getting police called on them lately because people think other people could be burglars. We live in Texas, they love guns here. =P We aren't chancing that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I realize that, but it was late, and we couldn't exactly go hopping the fences through our neighbor's yards to catch a pokemon. With people getting police called on them lately because people think other people could be burglars. We live in Texas, they love guns here. =P We aren't chancing that lol.
    Gotta risk it for the biscuit. I let my dog out a couple days ago, and turned the porch light on for him, and caught some kid running through my neighbors yard LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I had a productive evening. Was out for about 4 hours, first hatched all the eggs I had and then went to the next town over to restock on eggs. While there I ran into two of my cousins, the three of us plus two more took over one of the gym and then hunted around town.

I started with just the Charmander and Pikachu in my bags, and this is what I ended the night with, minus a bunch more pidgey/rattata fodder that I had transferred before I went to the other town. Sorry in advance for the number of images.

Man, this is horse shit. All weekend at my apartment and not a single pokemon. I stop by my folks place for a few hours today? 14.

I'm starting to wonder exactly how the game determines which Pokemon spawn in any given location. I've been pretty dedicated over the past few days and I always run into the same "rare" ones in the same locations. For example, Pinsirs will always spawn at a large park in the northern part of my town, while Scyther will always spawn at a large park in the southern part of my town. Then Dratini always spawns in the harbor, and Jynx always spawns in a park near the beach. There have to be parts of town that I just haven't thought of exploring that yield Pokemon like Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, and Ditto. Time to make one of those maps with the thumb tacs and red string.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    I'm starting to wonder exactly how the game determines which Pokemon spawn in any given location. I've been pretty dedicated over the past few days and I always run into the same "rare" ones in the same locations. For example, Pinsirs will always spawn at a large park in the northern part of my town, while Scyther will always spawn at a large park in the southern part of my town. Then Dratini always spawns in the harbor, and Jynx always spawns in a park near the beach. There have to be parts of town that I just haven't thought of exploring that yield Pokemon like Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, and Ditto. Time to make one of those maps with the thumb tacs and red string.
    wanna trade for some ratatas and pigeys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well leveling to 9 got a few more Pokemon spawning at my house. Eggecute and nidorian female. Tents cool is prob by the lake but the lake is too far for walking, and requires paying money to get to by driving