Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy builds / Stat priorities - Beta

Hi there,

I was hoping to see if some of the unholy beta testers could post their findings in terms of what builds work for what situations, and what stat priorities are needed for those specific builds.

Example post format:

Talents
    55: All will Serve
    56: Pestilent Pustules
    58: Castigator
    60: Sludge Belcher
    75: Corpse Shield
    90: Infected Claws
    100: Defile

I use this spec for...
    This is why I use this spec aoe or this is why I use this spec for single target ... etc

Stat Priority
    Haste > Mastery > Crit

Additional Information
    Anything extra you feel is worth mentioning
    It doesn't have to be super detailed, but feel free to add any information you feel necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Please try and avoid arguing why another posters spec is "wrong" - Just trying to build up a list, then people can make up their own minds based on information provided.
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2016-07-11 at 02:45 PM.

Talents:
    55: Bursting Sores
    56: Epidemic (AoE fights) / Pestilent Pustules (single target)
    58: Clawing Shadows
    60: Asphyxiate
    75: Corpse Shield
    90: Necrosis
    100: Dark Arbiter / Soul Reaper

I use this spec for...
    Both single target and AoE. Bursting Sores is pretty good after the buffs and i don't like having 2 "pets" out.
    Clawing Shadows for more damage (stacking mastery).
    Asphyxiate only because i can't stand the look of the ugly Sludge Belcher model. And from what i've tested, the damage difference is very small from "normal" pet and Belcher, even for AoE.
    Necrosis is great with our Artifact trait "Scourge of Worlds" which is our best golden trait in my opinion.
    Trying Soul Reaper right now, but i feel like Dark Arbiter is best in Dungeons.

Stat Priority
    Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers

Additional Information
    Love the playstyle this way. Really enjoying UH DK!
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2016-07-11 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    I have consulted my magical mystical bunions and they predict a severe Nerf 3 days after the pre patch which will not be reverted or compensated for during most of legion. Our dps will be bottom 10% from that point on.

Until the last raid patch of the expansion. Then one of our dps specs will be reasonably buffed. For 3 days.

Updated to latest beta build : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...o7yri1b3N9lTs/

Copy pasta from Acherus discord, but until sims are out and tuning is done completely dont take this as gospel.

Tried a castigator spec with high crit but it was mehh. Ebon fever is really good on AoE, clawing shadow is default choice because mastery, sludge belcher(a 2nd grip is always nice), epidemic(insane AoE), shadow infusion(much higher uptime on DT), dark arbiter(stupidly strong burst cd).
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-07-11 at 08:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope this thread keeps up. Tried UH but weapon quest is broken.. I inspected all the dk s here and everyone has different talents. So there is no wrong way to do it which is nice. From what I can tell it's like 3 buttons but think I'm doing it wrong... Made a premade so the gear sucks
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

For the UH artifact quest copy your dk again and skip broken shore intro quest it will "fix" it. Since it seems to be a bug related to the dalaran teleportation.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-07-11 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    For the UH artifact quest copy your dk again and skip broken shore intro quest it will "fix" it. Since it seems to be a bug related to the dalaran teleportation.
    You don't have to re-copy your character, but you have to do a short quest chain that starts in Dalaran. I forget the NPC's name, but it's the female elf on the right when you're inside the violet keep looking out the door. Archivist something, I think. Anyway, you choose the chat bubble option and going through the dialog you get offered a quest. The whole thing doesn't take too long, and in the process Dalaran gets teleported to Deadwind Pass. This puts you in the correct phase for the artifact quests.

As for the NPC that gets stuck at the Duskwood/Deadwind border, run back and forth across the zone border and eventually he'll keep moving instead of getting stuck and yelling at you to hurry up. It took me a little over a dozen tries, but it worked eventually.

Then you get to the camp, and get the quest to check out the sodden grave. If you haven't done the quest that puts Dalaran in Deadwind, the graves will not spawn, because you're in the wrong phase. I myself had this issue, and saw tons of other confused people as well. I found a blue post commenting on this, went and did the quest line, and was able to get my artifact with no other troubles. This is on a character that I copied and did the broken shore intro quest.

Thanks for the clarification, i didnt know we could do that instead. Now im sad since i recopied my character when i had that bug happen

No problem! I almost re-copied myself, figured that info might save somebody else the time and frustration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait we can copy a character twice?? Same gear and all just rename? The template I made is still stuck in deadwind pass along with dozens of others who cannot do the weapon quest...

Luckily I found a mythic 2 hander I didn't vendor to try UH later today

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help!! Gonna try that TODAY
    Filthy Casual

Updated to latest beta build : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...o7yri1b3N9lTs/

Copy pasta from Acherus discord, but until sims are out and tuning is done completely dont take this as gospel.

Tried a castigator spec with high crit but it was mehh. Ebon fever is really good on AoE, clawing shadow is default choice because mastery, sludge belcher(a 2nd grip is always nice), epidemic(insane AoE), shadow infusion(much higher uptime on DT), dark arbiter(stupidly strong burst cd).
    Very minor but I'm noticing the images have them picking up portal to the underworld while the text doesn't seem to mention it and I'm curious of it's actual strength compared to doing the precise path the text says? It's very possible I derp'd and missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Very minor but I'm noticing the images have them picking up portal to the underworld while the text doesn't seem to mention it and I'm curious of it's actual strength compared to doing the precise path the text says? It's very possible I derp'd and missed something.
    It is pretty strong after the buff it received in the build yesterday(now 120% ap), it was our 10th trait the build before this one, idk if its worth picking before that tho, i would still rush to SoW and 1/3 runic tattoo for the 3rd DC and then get portal to the underworld just like before.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I work too much to follow this stuff and the DK community is pretty great at helping me play catch up and it is apprecaited.

Do you think that Sludge Belcher will have its damage nerfed? At the moment it hits harder than a common ghoul and therefore you'd gimp yourself not picking up this talent (in PvE at least). There should be a DPS increase talent in an utility talents row, in my opinion.
    Isn't this choice a bit odd? The Devs created "thematic" rows of talents to avoid being forced to select a specific talent.

Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    Do you think that Sludge Belcher will have its damage nerfed? At the moment it hits harder than a common ghoul and therefore you'd gimp yourself not picking up this talent (in PvE at least). There should be a DPS increase talent in an utility talents row, in my opinion.
    Isn't this choice a bit odd? The Devs created "thematic" rows of talents to avoid being forced to select a specific talent.
    I mean the other 2 talents are situational at best while sludge belcher is giving you a 2nd grip and higher health to your pet, which could make corpse shield even better for soaking damage(lesser chance that your pet ends up dying, not that big of an issue tho)
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-07-14 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    not sure where you got this information from (unless you're making it up yourself), but the sludge belcher hits for exactly the same amount as the regular ghoul does, the only difference is that it has more health and has a 360 degree aoe instead of a 180 cleave.

Deleted
    Not sure guys if you know but Scourge Strike with Scourge the Unbeliever (chance for ss to generate rune) can proc from each hit. Had it give me 2 runes with rank 1 on many occasions. For clawing shadows it's just one.
    Personally I like castigator more than clawing shadows but in pvp and a lot of pie that range alone will be insane.

I tested it last week and it was doing at least 1/3 more damage on a dummy. I'm really puzzled, I swear I double checked Skada and the difference was pretty clear, but now they actually hit for the same amount.

I apologize.

Everyone has talked about talents, but what is the rotation looking like for Unholy now come patch day for single target and AoE?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    Everyone has talked about talents, but what is the rotation looking like for Unholy now come patch day for single target and AoE?
    for ST im guessing start off with Outbreak and build stacks of wounds asap, the hit Apocalypse!!! zombies rise up and tear shit up!
    I know Castigator relies on heavy crit while other builds are all mastery based. and for AoE you have to line the stars up properly before DnD ans SS/CS spam

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you said Patch Day.... not sure. still depends on talents. have to troll these forums to see honestly. few posts on play styles
    Filthy Casual