Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blizzard has just been retconning and whitewashing to make Illidan looks like he has been good and right all along. That expressed itself through Xera's narrative which made us to be those who were wrong when we weren't before. It's why I can't just take this seriously.

It was made so that Cenarius rejected Illidan when it was originally Illidan who walked away himself due not having enough patience. The Ravencrest event was changed to be that Illidan had no choice but to commit those crimes when it was originally that Illidan just drained other mages for no reason other than to fuel his display of power. The event of stealing the Dragon Soul from Neltharion's lair may have been retconned in the chronicle to be that Illidan was the one who stole the DS through his own effort when it was originally Malfurion who stole it from the lair and Illidan with Azshara's men took it from Malfurion. The list goes on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Blizzard has just been retconning and whitewashing to make Illidan looks like he has been good and right all along. That expressed itself through Xera's narrative which made us to be those who were wrong when we weren't before. It's why I can't just take this seriously.

It was made so that Cenarius rejected Illidan when it was originally Illidan who walked away himself due not having enough patience. The Ravencrest event was changed to be that Illidan had no choice but to commit those crimes when it was originally that Illidan just drained other mages for no reason other than to fuel his display of power. The event of stealing the Dragon Soul from Neltharion's lair may have been retconned in the chronicle to be that Illidan was the one who stole the DS through his own effort when it was originally Malfurion who stole it from the lair and Illidan with Azshara's men took it from Malfurion. The list goes on.
    Yes, and thank god they're doing it, because Richard Knaak's portrayal of Illidan in those books is puerile and one-dimensional while the newer narrative is more true to how he was presented in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Yes, and thank god they're doing it, because Richard Knaak's portrayal of Illidan in those books is puerile and one-dimensional while the newer narrative is more true to how he was presented in Warcraft 3.
    errr no. WC3 account of WoTA has Illidan betraying his people and be a power hungry. This retcon is not true to WC3 in any way. You will only like these retcons if you just wanna see Illidan be the one who has been good and right all along no matter what. Making others look bad to make Illidan looks good is not a good way to write a story.

Illidan has never been someone who cares about other people(except Tyrande) and the world whether it's WC3 or Trilogy version. It was his character that he was supposed to be selfish and power hungry.

These are from WC3's WotA

"Knowing that the Well’s destruction would prevent him from ever wielding magic again, Illidan selfishly abandoned the group and set out to warn the high-borne of Furion’s plan. Due to the madness brought on by his addiction and the stinging resentment towards his brother’s affair with Tyrande, Illidan felt no remorse at betraying Furion and siding with Azshara and her ilk. Above all else, Illidan vowed to protect the Well’s power by any means necessary."

"Azshara, having received Illidan’s warning, was more than prepared for them. Nearly all of Furion’s followers fell before the mad Queen’s raging powers. Tyrande, attempting to attack Azshara from behind, was caught off guard by the Queen’s high-borne guardsmen. Though she vanquished the guardsmen, Tyrande suffered grievous wounds at their hands. At seeing his love fall, Furion went into a murderous rage and resolved to end Azshara’s life."

How this freaking guy turned into the savior and the one who has been looking after people and the world all along?
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-07-13 at 02:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    errr no. WC3 account of WoTA has Illidan betraying his people and be a power hungry. This retcon is not true to WC3 in any way. You will only this these retcons if you just wanna see Illidan be the one who has been good and right all along no matter what. Making others look bad to make Illidan looks good is not a good way to write a story.

Illidan has never been someone who cares about other people(excep Tyrande) and the world whether it's WC3 or Trilogy version. It was his character that he was supposed to be selfish and power hungry.
    I just re-played W3 recently. He's got a lot more character and depth in the game than in those books. He's flawed and often a serious creep, yeah, but never one-dimensional. There was more to him.

You're just a Richard Knaak fan who is butthurt than your pulp fiction trash is being retconned due to player demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    I just re-played W3 recently. He's got a lot more character and depth in the game than in those books. He's flawed and often a serious creep, yeah, but never one-dimensional. There was more to him.

You're just a Richard Knaak fan who is butthurt than your pulp fiction trash is being retconned due to player demand.
    What? I just linked WC3 version of WotA to you. I don't even like the trilogy because of the whole time travel thing... What is also player demand? Do you mean your demand? and why be agressive?
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-07-13 at 02:32 AM.

Deleted
    I don't get this, I really don't. Blizzard hasn't been retconning or whitewashing anything, they still show the arrogant killer douche that he always was. It's just Xe'ra, a cosmic entity, that is fanboying Illidan and that doesn't make Illidan less bad, it makes Xe'ra not really caring about nothing but the supreme plan of the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I don't get this, I really don't. Blizzard hasn't been retconning or whitewashing anything, they still show the arrogant killer douche that he always was. It's just Xe'ra, a cosmic entity, that is fanboying Illidan and that doesn't make Illidan less bad, it makes Xe'ra not really caring about nothing but the supreme plan of the Light.
    Maybe if the Naaru were shown as manipulative bastards, but so far every time they make a speech, its an universal truth that cannot be denied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe if the Naaru were shown as manipulative bastards, but so far every time they make a speech, its an universal truth that cannot be denied.
    They are basically wisdom of pandaria. In space !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So was Kosh until the new Kosh appeared and the galaxy learned about the truth. The Vorlons in Babylon 5 used Jack the Ripper as their Inquisitor.