Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yup. But as I don't find breaking up unions to be a viable option I'd rather see them put to the purpose of general public works if they don't have specialized skills they can be adapted into the work force with.
    Its the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    to get rid of #3? The day we learn the Media is about $$$$$
    I don't get why people don't get this. The media is driven by profit and sometimes an owner that has certain ideals and want the company to be liberal/conservative. But the main goal is always going to be profit. They want you to hate what they're writing, because hate makes you come back to read the next shit story and get even angrier. The established media is perhaps too powerful in todays society, but they're not always running some political errand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    These criminals are not following the teachings of the religion. They deserve to be brought to justice and I can only hope that no more of these attacks occur.
    That is up to debate. Just like other religions, Islam has many different groups that apply the beliefs of Islam in different ways. A lot of that has led to the different sects of Islam to also kill each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That is up to debate. Just like other religions, Islam has many different groups that apply the beliefs of Islam in different ways. A lot of that has led to the different sects of Islam to also kill each other.
    This link explains what is going on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    10 ways Islam Condems Terrorism for those who care to learn:

http://www.juancole.com/2013/04/isla...terrorism.html

These criminals are not following the teachings of the religion. They deserve to be brought to justice and I can only hope that no more of these attacks occur.
    they are following teachings of the religion tho, the Quran and Hadith have plenty of calls for violence, sure they also have contradictory calls for peace but that dosnt mean the violent passages dont count.

Deleted
    I am just saying it isn't a good comparison. Is anything wrong with that?
    The teachings of the Jain prohibits violence.
    An extremist Jain will drink water and breathe through a cloth to keep from killing insects.
    If there were 10 billion Jain, we still would not have a single fucking Jain terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Not to them, just their culture and beliefs
    That's such a bullshit distinction lol. "We don.t have a problem with you, we just loath one of the core tenants of your identity!" Like telling gay people you don't hate them, just "their sin".

Forcing them to assimilate is a time tested method.
    Cutting them off from all help and treating them with hostility isn't the time tested method for integrating societies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Were incidences like Cologne common place before? decades ago even?
    Did immigrants not excist, before thoose incidents?

Shit, the founding of the USA better watch out, thoose were some real proper terrorist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    they are following teachings of the religion tho, the Quran and Hadith have plenty of calls for violence, sure they also have contradictory calls for peace but that dosnt mean the violent passages dont count.
    That makes no sense. Are you a math professor if you read one line of a math textbook? Nope. I think we're better off trusting people who actually spend their time studying this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The terrorists mainly came from the Catholic community within Ulster, nuking Ulster to prevent terrorism in Ulster would be hard for anybody to justify.
    And you realize all of these recent attacks were committed by locals and not foreigners? What should we do, nuke Nice to get rid of terorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So basically create a society as hostile to them as possible? How's that supposed to make them join it? You seem to be overlooking some basic aspects of human nature here unless you're thinking you can Stockholm Syndrome entire populations into joining up.
    government != society
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Clicked on the thread thinking I'd get some news, but I see we are already bashing Christians...
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

I am just saying it isn't a good comparison. Is anything wrong with that?
    how is it a bad comparison, having a lower population should not completely eliminate any violent/terrorist tendency just reduce the prevalence.

10+ Year Old Account
    This link explains what is going on though.
    That link ignores that Islam itself spread through aggressive expansion.

If Islam was confined to Saudi Arabia then it might have some validity, but as it spread from the Balkans to Morocco to Pakistan at swordpoint, it ignores what Muhammed and his followers did.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    government != society
    I don't see how "we'll have the government be hostile to them but society will be totally chill" is a reasonable expectation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    The teachings of the Jain prohibits violence.
    An extremist Jain will drink water and breathe through a cloth to keep from killing insects.
    If there were 10 billion Jain, we still would not have a single fucking Jain terrorist.
    If you look at the link the other user posted you would understand the situation better. You don't know any of this for sure. So from 4-6 million to 10 billion. You are just making wild extrapolations. You don't know if there would be bad eggs. There are Christian priests who molest little boys. Do we just make wild assumptions that they're all bad? Nope. We understand that these few are going against the teachings of Christianity.

10 ways Islam Condems Terrorism for those who care to learn:

http://www.juancole.com/2013/04/isla...terrorism.html

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Clicked on the thread thinking I'd get some news, but I see we are already bashing Christians...
    You see what you want to see. There's been Islam and immigration bashing for 60 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    You see what you want to see. There's been Islam and immigration bashing for 60 pages.
    I see, and how are either related to what happened?
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    And you realize all of these recent attacks were committed by locals and not foreigners? What should we do, nuke Nice to get rid of terorism?
    I never said to nuke anywhere. I have openly called out anyone advocating nuking the Middle East as imbeciles, I have friends and family there and I would rather they did not get nuked.

My solution to problems do not involve nukes.

That makes no sense. Are you a math professor if you read one line of a math textbook? Nope. I think we're better off trusting people who actually spend their time studying this stuff.
    aka spend time finding ways to rationalize away the calls for violence as allegory or metaphor while taking the calls for peace at face value?