Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    @marinos I honestly don't see it. Maybe I have to watch it closer while in motion or something.

It's true that in the screenshot you can't really see much of it, it is when moving that shows the most.

Animations for most races are just off.... too supple, too... pand-y ;3
    I liked, old ones much better. Running animations are the worst, ugh.... humans, taurens, orcs, dwarfs.
    Any chance to make them more... stiff?
    When I stared playing WoW i was shocked by how well characters are animated, maybe not from professional PoV but rather about "feeling" they gave, there was no game on the marked that would have it any better, they were either too stiff or too supple, WoW had it right.
    What i hate the most is that blizzard seems to "be done" with new models, they are not! By a long shot.
    I see that i am not the only one and most of my friends agree that while new models are mostly good, new animations are for most part just terrible and don't fit in.
    They knew thats its not going to be an easy task to do, but it was/is needed.
    I just don't understand how could male tauren/dorf running animation make it to the game. It looks completely atrocious and ruins feeling of a race.
    Even pandaren animations are too bouncy, but there at least it fits somehow. But why have they made all other races in similar fashion is just beyond me.

Make WarCraft not BouncyCraft!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    Floating shoulderpads, glowing eyes are buggy

on top of bugs like this their animations look nothing like their old ones (except the melee attacking ones)
    all the shoulderpads "float" glowing eyes dont seem buggy from what ive seen, and the old ones were clunky
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Have reported this since day 1 of the new models and it's still the same in the beta/ptr. Shoulders are just off,its like they are going to fall off and while moving it's looks even more retarded. Was able to counter that since I could use the old models but now that option is gone in a few days.
    didnt they fix it yet? i have seen some adjustments on ptr when it comes to some heads pieces on human males at least, they got smaller and because of it fit the head better

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    still don't see how people can claim that the new undead or something is just an improvement over the old one, the difference is big enough for people to say they prefer the old over the new without haters just calling it nostalgia

on the whole the new/old model thing depends on race for me though, i'll gladly use the new models on something like a dwarf or gnome for example, but a race like undead I really can't stand
    when it stands still its more or less ok, granted there gotta be some differences, thats just given
    but the casting animation... my gosh... and that open mouth like full retard just adds to it XD

I don't think using old models is the way to go... but seriously, some stuff on the new models is sub-par for a billion dollar company, and that's a fact. Some stuff really needs polish, and i agree running animations is one of those.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    didnt they fix it yet? i have seen some adjustments on ptr when it comes to some heads pieces on human males at least, they got smaller and because of it fit the head better

Actually by making them smaller they made it so that some helms have clipping issues with beards. Coppied my pala over and used the race change to get him to male human to check it out. This is how it looks now

This is without any beard,looks the best imo

RIP. Perfect example of trying to meddle something that was not broken and was just fine before.

Can't wait to see how my character change into jelly-like rubber-creatures.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    You could always quit if you don't like it? The game has evolved, kind of getting sick of people complaining because of that.

It's a waste of devs time keeping old models relevant.
    oh the Game has evolved?? so lets accept every stupid shit decision made by Blizzard...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    oh the Game has evolved?? so lets accept every stupid shit decision made by Blizzard...
    No, Though I would say new Character models is far and away from being a shit decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    RIP. Perfect example of trying to meddle something that was not broken and was just fine before.

Can't wait to see how my character change into jelly-like rubber-creatures.
    Well it IS broken now since they added a whole new bunch of animations for each class, which didn't work with the old models thus they had to be altered as little as possible for them to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it IS broken now since they added a whole new bunch of animations for each class, which didn't work with the old models thus they had to be altered as little as possible for them to.
    Ok. I can understand the combat animations, since like you said most of them are new or reworked for legion...but why the running animation? Maybe for spell like warrior charge? I really can't get it

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Ok. I can understand the combat animations, since like you said most of them are new or reworked for legion...but why the running animation? Maybe for spell like warrior charge? I really can't get it
    New Animations heavily use the Legs and Arms of the Characters. This required re-pinning of certain joints and movements of the limbs. This together with as you mentioned some Spells using new sprinting animations made sense from them to consolidate it across the board.

Trying to get the exact same run of the Old Models would likely have consumed time that could very much be better spent elsewhere.

No, Though I would say new Character models is far and away from being a shit decision.

- - - Updated - - -

if you dont let your Customers keep using what they LIKE than its a shit decision

Deleted
    if you dont let your Customers keep using what they LIKE than its a shit decision
    If you save more in costs than what those customers are worth, then it is not one.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Animations heavily use the Legs and Arms of the Characters. This required re-pinning of certain joints and movements of the limbs. This together with as you mentioned some Spells using new sprinting animations made sense from them to consolidate it across the board.

Trying to get the exact same run of the Old Models would likely have consumed time that could very much be better spent elsewhere.
    Ok, it makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.
    I'm not usually complain too much about things so I'll probably end up changing race and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still hard to believe that people prefer the old models with their stiff, robotic animations and their blocky, low res textures. To each their own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If you save more in costs than what those customers are worth, then it is not one.
    yeah ok fine. then they should offer a free race change. This new Tauren Model is just fucking cancer

Deleted
    yeah ok fine. then they should offer a free race change. This new Tauren Model is just fucking cancer
    Imagine the "costs" of that.
    Everyone would jump on the blame-train and demand one or even multiple. It's probably still cheaper to let you go.

Look at all you clowns just flaming away at OP over which character models he uses in a video game. Jesus. "You should be grateful and honored mighty blizzard even lets you use old models" /vomit.
    I use old models all the time. And low settings. On a good rig. Because I'm a gamer and I like optimized PLAY settings. With over 90% of you sneaking into heroic hfc raids pulling 15k dps, maybe you bads should worry about your rotations and stat priorities instead of which models you use. Is that why most players just run around attacking their own targets and avoiding healers in pvp? Because you're thinking "boy I wonder what models this guy is using".
    Threads so full of basement dweller cringe... bleh.

The overall decision of revamping the models was not crap, no... but certainly certain decisions regarding certain aspects of some models were not the best, given the players they claimed to have in mind when trying to recreate our characters.

There's "exact same run" and then there's deviating blatantly when it comes to certain movements... The Troll male's upper body/arm movement during their walking animation for instance is almost entirely different.

But for argument's sake, if trying to faithfully recreate animations to be as similar to the original as possible was going to demand more time and resources than they were willing to use then they shouldn't have outright promised to people that they wanted these models to be "the same, but HD".

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It's a decision rather lacking in integrity when they've made a big deal about how they supposedly cared about the players who did have an attachment to the original models when saying things like "if you don't recognize your character and toggle the new models off, we've failed".

These are the people they set out to try and please with this revamp and they expressed that clearly, whether they are a minority of the playerbase or not...